Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 04-05-2012, 05:04 AM   #1
Terray
The price of death is life.

I am currently:
Seeing a new guy

I've been seeing this guy for 3.5-4 months. We met online. I brought up being sexually exclusive at like 1.5 months, and he wasn't ready. I told myself I'd wait until 5 months in to bring it up again, and if he wasn't ready then that I'd peace out. You should know if you want to be exclusive with someone after 5 months. (He was married before, and that ended badly. I think that has something to do with him being hesitant to get in a new relationship.)

I've spent every weekend (all weekend) with him since. He's met my friends. He invited me to go on a 5 day camping trip with his friends for memorial day weekend at the end of this month (as well as invited quite a few of my friends, prob 5 or so)

Anyway my brother texted me today and asked if I was still seeing him. I said yeah, asked why, and he said "Miranda said something about a liam today at work who was tall and English so I thought I'd ask" (Miranda is a girl who we both work with)
"Random, what'd she say?"
"Idk she just described him and it sounded like him"
"What context did she bring it up in? Seems random haha"
"Potential people to date or something of that sort I'm not 100 percent on that though"

So I asked him about it and sent him a picture of her. He said "oh yeah I talked to her online a bit"

And like I just feel like if he was really into me he wouldn't be talking to other girls still? But then again we're not officially anything, so it's not like it's not fair game. But why is he spending every weekend with me and inviting me to go on trips with him and his friends and meeting mine and everything if he isn't interested in being with me?

Am I just being drug along until he finds someone he's actually interested in? Or is there a chance he's really just taking it slow?

Sometimes, you have to try more than once.

Alice came to a fork in the road
"Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "It doesn't matter."

Terray is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 04-05-2012, 05:21 AM   #2
Terray
The price of death is life.

I am currently:

Hmm, he said he hasn't talked to her in quite a while.

(This is slightly fitting. She's known for exaggerating and likely being a pathological liar.)

Sometimes, you have to try more than once.

Alice came to a fork in the road
"Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "It doesn't matter."

Terray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:17 PM   #3
dontcaretosharemyname

I would just leave him. He obviously isn't interested in anything serious, and you're allowing him to play games with your heart. My guess would be that you are giving him the "juice" to get with other girls. This doesn't mean that you are unatractive, unworthy, or undesierable in any way. It's actually the opposite. It means that he is not ready to be with someone, and since you are Beautiful, and cool enough to give him confidence, he uses you as a means to an end. Unless you enjoy being his buffer, to allow him to get other woman, I would just say goodbye, and find someone else that is on the same page as you.

dontcaretosharemyname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2012, 08:41 PM   #4
red_princess
Trying to swim

I am currently:

I think that you should talk to him about your concerns and see how he feels about it all. At the end of the day, you don't want to carry on feeling insecure about the relationship, and perhaps hes got his own insecurities, but if you both open an honest channel of communication, you don't need to play games with each other and guess what the other one thinks.

You'll only really know the answer to your question when you talk to him, as you guys are the only real insiders in your relationship (if that makes sense)

I hope things work out for the best :)

"In heaven all the interesting people are missing" (Nietzsche)

"In a mad world only the mad are sane" (Akira Kurosawa)

red_princess is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)