RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 07-07-2009, 06:04 AM   #1
Buttercup.
loveeeeeee

I am currently:
Mildly Triggering (ED) - tough times..i need your love and support <3

So, as some of you know, I'm going through a family crisis. If you want the details read my journals or PM me.

Today my 7 year old cousin passed away. We all knew it was coming, she's been on life support for over a week, but it's still hard to realize that she's really gone. My mind has been thinking about my family and all of that stuff lately...not so much about food.

Today throughout the several hours I was at the hospital, our social worker kept coming up to me and offering to get me something to eat, and basically forced a cup of water down my throat. Before she left she gave me her card and told me to give her a call if there is anything she can do to help me through my eating disorder. How did she know I have an ED? Apparently, I am losing weight (after already being "underweight"). People keep telling me I look really skinny, but I don't feel thin at all.

I don't even know why I'm posting this, I guess I'd just like somebody to give me some support or some hugs. I could really use a friend right now..

Thanks for listening,

Jess x

I wanna stay inside all day
I want the world to go away

Buttercup. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 06:06 AM   #2
risenfromperdition
you are loved and beautiful :)

*hug* i wish i could help =[
love you so much sweetheart

“The good things don’t always soften the bad, but vice-versa, the bad things don’t necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.”
“Nobody important? Blimey, that’s amazing. Do you know, in nine hundred years of time and space I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important before.”
“If it’s time to go, remember what you’re leaving. Remember the best. My friends have always been the best of me.”

risenfromperdition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 10:25 AM   #3
sparkle.
iwannabreakfree

I am currently:

oh Jess I'm so sorry, that's really awful. It feels like anything that I'll say won't be enough.
Do you think that maybe you could call the social worker and see how she can support you? Of course you have all of our support here though also.
I understand the not feeling thin, but Jess, it is the ED distorting things for you. You deserve help before things keep getting worse darling.
I'm thinking of you and your family right now, try and stick together and use each other for support and just to talk about things.
If I can help in any way at all, you know where I am any time okay?
Try and look after you, I love you very much xxxxxx *lots of hugs* <3

Happy girls are the prettiest girls

sparkle. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 12:14 PM   #4
Psiren
Apathetic without the 'A'

I am currently:

Sweetheart I wish I knew what to say. I am so so sorry this is happening to you right now.
Please reach out for help, call the social worker or your GP or someone. Please, you areally are tiny and you need help. Just the ED distorts things for you.
*cuddles tightly*

Around if you need me <3

Psiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 03:12 PM   #5
winterjadedsoul
never to feel...

I am currently:

*hugs* i'm so sorry. i hope you're okay. maybe call the social worker and let her help you? it sounds like you could do with some support. take care xx

winterjadedsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 05:07 PM   #6
Cryptic.
If at first you don't succeed, try try try again.

I am currently:

Maybe you should take up on the offer?

In a world where you can be anything, be yourself.

Cryptic. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 06:09 PM   #7
Moonlight Princess
Never forgetting to be awesome

I am currently:

*cuddles*
Hey Jess this must be so tough to go through honey. As Lisa says we're all here for you. When terrible things like what's happened to you happen it's easy to let things slide, espeially things like ED recovery. Do you honestly think you could use the support right now? If somebody who isn't supposed to know about your ED knows about it just by looking at you then there is an indication that you could use some support hon.
Just think about it and as Lisa says make sure you're getting some support through these tough times sweetie. I know we haven't really spoken before but I'm a PM away if you need anything Jess.
Take care hon.
Kiran
xx

You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you wish to make.

Moonlight Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:44 PM   #8
Whispered Secret

Hunni, I can't think of the words right now but I just wanna say I'm thinking of you. Take care of yourself and those around you and keep fighting. Cuddles

"Keep your heart open to dreams. For as long as there's a dream, there is hope, and as long as there is hope, there is joy in living."

Whispered Secret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 10:28 PM   #9
Sleepless123

I am currently:

Jess like the others i struggle to put together the words right now.i cant imagine how you must be feeling.im so sorry that you are having to deal with so much and your cousin passing away.Especially so young and in these circumstances.That must be so so hard.The social worker sounds concerned about you.If she has guessed about your ED it is likely you are beginning to look very ill.i know you might not feel upto it right now which is more than understandable but do you think maybe in time you could perhaps give her a call, let her help you?She clearly is concerned about you and wants to.i know it must be so nerve racking for you thinking about reaching out but it really feels like you could do with some support right now and you really deserve it - please dont feel you have to cope alone.And know we are here for you too ok?i just wish i could do more.*Many hugs* [if wanted - i understand if not,dont want to cause offence]x

i do not always manage to be around but i wish you all the very best - love and luck to you all!

Sleepless123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 10:21 AM   #10
Buttons.
Never knowing...a helping hand or hell to pay?

I am currently:

I'm so sorry to hear that something so difficult has happened hun *cuddles gently* maybe take your social worker up on her offer though.

'Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.'

['There is only one thing we say to death. Not today'.']

'We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell.’ – Oscar Wilde
‘It’s hard to dance with the devil on your back.’ Sydney Carter

Buttons. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 05:20 AM   #11
Buttercup.
loveeeeeee

I am currently:

Thanks everyone so much for the support, it means a lot. Right now I think I'm just going to focus on taking care of my family and dealing with the loss of Makayla...(and Jackie...the doctors told us she has from a few days to a few weeks left :() Dave is a huge help in getting me to eat and drink everyday. He never lets me go to bed unless I've had at least some water to drink. Thanks again everyone <3

Jess x

I wanna stay inside all day
I want the world to go away

Buttercup. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 10:45 AM   #12
nowhereman

I am currently:

Jess I'm so sorry about your cousin. Maybe you could think about contacting the social worked for extra support?

nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)