RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 06-03-2020, 11:46 PM   #21
The Worst Witch

I am currently:

I have now nearly finished the first of my two essays, woo!

I'm struggling today. A song that was played at my mums funeral was playing in college yesterday, I couldn't avoid it. I had a little cry to myself, it's still hard 2 years on.

In other news, I saw my friend and her wee boy today. It was nice, she helped me sort out some life admin things and gave me lots of hugs. I also got a hug from her wee boy (which are very rare) and he kept wanting me to read his book to him while his mum was doing the food shop etc.

The Worst Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 04:32 PM   #22
The Worst Witch

I am currently:

Funeral is on Saturday. Dreading it. Mainly because my family has just made it extremely awkward to attend.

Old 10-03-2020, 09:51 PM   #23
Shirayuki
No one deserves to be forgotten

I am currently:

Sorry to hear that you're grandad died and that your family has made the funeral awkward.

What are they doing that is making it so awkward?

We'll make it together, one small step at a time

Shirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2020, 11:16 AM   #24
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

Is there anything that will make it feel less awkward for you to attend? You deserve to say goodbye.

I put it down on paper and then the ghost does not ache so much.

Don't try to calm the storm, calm yourself, the storm will pass.

You didn't come this far just to come this far.

one_step_closer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2020, 11:15 PM   #25
The Worst Witch

I am currently:

I went in the end, even if it did mean getting up at 5 am this morning because my family were being awkward and refusing to come pick me up from my house.

The funeral went well, I was the only one who didn't cry. My partner explained to me that after my mums death, other deaths won't feel as huge because that was the major traumatic one. In this instance, she was right.

Old 15-03-2020, 06:35 AM   #26
Auror.
Camden

I'm glad you were able to find a way to go. I hope you're able to process and grieve however you need to, and also get some rest. <3

Did you finish your essays?

Please do not give me virtual hugs unless you are only using the hug function on threads. Thanks.

You can't always keep it separate.
This is happening, this is part of you.

Auror. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2020, 02:27 PM   #27
The Worst Witch

I am currently:

Yeah, I passed. Now just got to keep on top of my folio, my tutor said she’d be nagging me like crazy this term so I don’t get behind again. She’s increasing our weekly meetings to twice weekly, I’ve to go and see her every Thursday afternoon as well as at the beginning of the week

Old 15-03-2020, 07:17 PM   #28
Auror.
Camden

Yay, good job!!!

Does seeing your tutor help?

Please do not give me virtual hugs unless you are only using the hug function on threads. Thanks.

Old 15-03-2020, 09:32 PM   #29
The Worst Witch

I am currently:

Sometimes, yes. I don't think I'd be passing without her, but at the same time it's sometimes frustrating that she doesn't seem to understand certain things. I'm worried about telling her things now, incase she tells me I'm not fit to practice and withdraws me.

Old 15-03-2020, 10:31 PM   #30
Auror.
Camden

Hmm. That is hard. Can you actually try telling her that and ask for guidelines on what might be a concern and make a plan for if those happen what steps you can take to prevent having to withdraw? I am unsure if that would be stressful, but for me having a plan for worst case scenario is actually comforting. Or ask if there are any additional support options you could look into?

Also, do you have any type of support outside of your tutor that you could go to, so that you are not putting it all on her?

Old 16-03-2020, 09:51 PM   #31
The Worst Witch

I am currently:

She’s referring me to student support after someone from placement raised concerns about my scars. They’re pure white because they’re years old, but apparently you can’t teach if you’re a self-harmer!

Its irrelevant just now anyway, uni has been shut down and we’ve got no kids to teach because they’re all at home.

Old 16-03-2020, 10:39 PM   #32
Auror.
Camden

That's so silly. Loads of people who self harm or have are able to teach perfectly well! Maybe student support will be able to have some other ways to help though?

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)