RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-04-2019, 04:11 AM   #1
Successful.Failure
I have no control.

I am currently:
Anxiety brain fog

Hello. I've got an annoying case of the brain fog. I was diagnosed with general(ized?) anxiety disorder, and have been on Zoloft for it for about 2 weeks now. To make a long story short, I had a series of panic attacks that led to me seeking treatment. Ever since the first panic attack, I've felt really out of it. I kind of describe it as looking at life through a screen door, like I'm watching more than participating.

I've been told by my therapist and my best friend who's experienced the same thing that it will pass, it is common with anxiety and as I get further into treatment, it'll resolve. It feels like it has a tiny bit, like the screen door is now opening and closing rapidly.

Is there any way to deal with this? I feel like I'm starting to dwell on it, which is probably making it worse. I'm going to see a psychiatrist to discuss my medication, as well. I'm just waiting for an appointment.

In this house, we stan the Diamondbacks.

Successful.Failure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 10:40 AM   #2
Selicera

I am currently:

Hi. I know the feeling to some extent and it can be so irritating that it's hard not to dwell on it.

You said you've been on Zoloft for two weeks, I'm not completely sure, but from what I heard and from my own experience with antidepressants, I'd think this might be a factor. Meaning your body's still getting used to the medication which makes the screen door feeling worse.

I'm just guessing, though. It's easier said than done, but try and be patient with yourself. Will you have to wait long for the appointment?

Selicera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 10:56 AM   #3
Successful.Failure
I have no control.

I am currently:

Thank you for replying! It's helpful just to be understood to some extent. it didn't occur to me that it could be the meds, but it makes sense.

I don't know, I've tried calling the referred psychiatrist during business hours this past Friday, but it went to voicemail and they didn't call me back. They're closed on the weekends, so I put in an online request for an appointment today (Sunday). I anticipate waking up pretty late tomorrow, so if they haven't tried to call me by the time I wake up, I'm probably going to try calling again. I'm trying to give you my money, why don't you take it?!

In this house, we stan the Diamondbacks.

Successful.Failure is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)