RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-02-2013, 06:19 PM   #1
TEAPARTY
please ignore me

I am currently:
CAMHS to CMHT transition

I'm sorry that I seem to only ever come to this site when I am in need of advice but I feel horrible at the moment. I have been under CAMHS for two years, having been first referred four years ago, inpatient 4 times which has amounted for a year of the past two I have been with CAMHS.
I turn 18 in May, so my community psych referred me to the local CMHT. I heard nothing from them until today, probably about 6 weeks later, not too bad I guess considering some of the things I've heard about adult services. However, in that six weeks I had a bad relapse, was admitted again thankfully only for two weeks whilst I stabilised and was discharged to the care of the crisis team and CAMHS. The crisis team are seeing me 3-4 times each week to get me out of the house, trying to find some new hobbies and eventually build a life which means I am not laying in bed all crying. I have CBT therapy once every week and my psych will see me monthly(ish) to check how medication is and how I am doing overall. On multiple admission I was under the MHA including a 3, meaning there's a duty of aftercare - section 117.
So I was really upset today to read that the CMHT refused my referral as I am 'engaging in therapy with CAMHS well' and I should 'consolidate the skills I have learned' rather than having their support. So in other words, in a couple of months when the crisis team discharge me from their service I will be back down to CBT and monthly psych reviews, that's all dandy but when I turn 18 I will get nothing. Nothing, despite being diagnosed with a lifelong disorder and section 117.
I was terrified of reaching 18 anyway, now I am left feeling so desperately let down. I am also left fearing that without intervention or support my whole life will consist of being too sad/anxious to leave the house, living off of benefits and feeling completely disheartened by how my life is going nowhere. I can't cope with college or work, people terrify me so I have few friends and my daily hobbies are blogging and playing xbox, I feel like I'm doomed to this forever.
I just don't know what to do, what to think, I am so lost and scared. Please if anyone has any wise words I would be so grateful, thank you for reading all of this. x

"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?" - Alice, Alice in Wonderland

TEAPARTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 06:53 PM   #2
talaiporia
Chat Mod

I am currently:

Okay. First things first, wait and see what your doctors say. It may be that they are equally unhappy about the refusal of the CMHT, or they have made a mistake, or that they will review when you're 18.

When are you next seeing someone from CAMHS?

It doesn't matter where you come from; it matters where you go.
No-one gets remembered for the things they didn't do.
We won't all be here this time next year,
so while you can take a picture of us.
We're definitely going to hell,
but we'll have all the best stories to tell.

talaiporia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 07:04 PM   #3
eye

I am currently:

I am sorry you feel like you are being just abondend as such. It took me over a year for the CMHT to take notice of me. Don't give up hope. I learnt a lot from leaving CAMHS I learnt how to survive on my own. Use positive resources. Have you ever considered a support worker?

Not like as official as a nurse but still there to support?

:D
Hope this helps.
Steph

Defeated....

eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 07:52 PM   #4
TEAPARTY
please ignore me

I am currently:

Thank you very much for replying! I rang the crisis team I'm currently under as I wanted some reassurance and she told me that it sounded like bad practice and there was no way that my CAMHS team would allow that to happen.
I was so scared but I have faith in my treatment team to sort this for me!
I also earned a gold star for distracting myself with writing letters, a bath and yoga, hehe. :D

"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?" - Alice, Alice in Wonderland

TEAPARTY is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)