RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 10-12-2015, 09:56 PM   #1
Wonderland.

S117 Aftercare

I am under S117 Aftercare after coming on a Section 3.

We discussed in the S117 pre-discharge meeting about psycho-therapy. And I got told there was a 12 month waiting list and could not be prioritised (as in moved further up the list). So I asked if I could get it funded, they said they would look into this but it has been denied.

At my S117 pre discharge meeting, I quote from the minutes "this is an identified need for Amy".

Is there anything I can do about it given that they have stated it in writing as a need?

Thank you x

'Cause I'll always remember you the same.
Oh eyes like wild flowers within demons of change ♥

Wonderland. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 12:05 AM   #2
Ballerina123
XXX

I am currently:

its just an identified need. that does not mean it will or wont be funded.

hope they are able to find a way to offer it too you xxx

The average,
well-adjusted adult
gets up at 7.30am feeling just plain terrible.

Call me Kate.

I have dyslexia so please excuse my poor spelling and sometimes poor understanding.

Ballerina123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 10:19 AM   #3
sherlock holmes
do you like my potato?

Unfortunately if there's a waiting list and you cannot be bumped up then there's nothing they can do, unless they felt it was urgent enough that you received it inpatient, or would fund you to go out of area or privately. Can you discuss it with your CPN? Look at your 'personal budget' and you can apply for that and use it to go private, or use DLA perhaps.

http://www.mind.org.uk/information-s.../#.VmqVBPmyOko

Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back, everything is different…

you once called your brain a hard drive, well say hello to the virus.

sherlock holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 03:19 PM   #4
random.swirls
Head forum moderator

I am currently:

I don't know enough about s117 aftercare but know there is a duty to fund things. Can you speak to PALs about it

When we lose twenty pounds... we may be losing the twenty best pounds we have! We may be losing the pounds that contain our genius, our humanity, our love and honesty. ~Woody Allen
Is a chocolate muffin loving glitter ball

random.swirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 05:31 PM   #5
Wonderland.

Thank you for your input guys it has been helpful.

Yes Cam I am thinking of speaking to them.

I am going to bring up the subject with my CC and psych at my emergency appt on tuesday.

Old 12-12-2015, 10:39 PM   #6
Snow White.
I am a fairy.

I am currently:

I hope you can get the care you both need and deserve. Being from over the pond I don't know anything about this but PALS does seem a good idea, I know it can be tiring to have to advocate for yourself but we will support you the whole way and hopefully your team will too xx

Snow White. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2015, 08:22 PM   #7
Wonderland.

Thanks Aimee

I'm confused now as my parents had a carers assessment today. Done by a MH professional and my mum brought up the subject and showed him the minutes from the S117 meeting and he said it is legally binding. And they should be finding me other options if I cannot be moved up the list.

Old 15-12-2015, 12:06 AM   #8
MissAnonymous

I am currently:

They should be looking at privately funded options as it has been listed as an identifed need post discharge. They can't really bump you up the list but since you are on a S117 which stipulates all aftercare identified as a need should be provided free of charge you should be getting it.

Now, the tricky bit might be getting someone to pay for it. It should be your MH team as part of your personal budget but this is where my head goes very fuzzy.

Worst case scenario is they backtrack and say you can afford to wait and when they said post discharge they didn't stipulate how post post discharge and you sit the waiting list out so they don't have to pay for private costs. Bit I'd argue that. Or find someone and self fund.

<a href=http://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=24017&dateline=1413142787 target=_blank>http://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum...e=141314  2787</a>

MissAnonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2015, 09:37 AM   #9
Wonderland.

Thank that was helpful.

They said they would look into funding, but I haven't heard anything on that, so don't think that have looked into it.

It is something I will try and ask about today with my CC and psych.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)