RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 11-02-2015, 05:45 PM   #1
Eve

Needing help to get back on track

Things have been horrible the last few weeks. I've ended up in hospital twice and I've returned to behaviour I never wanted to go back too. I've tried things like using ice and rubber bands to try and stop myself from acting on these urges but it's failed.

I'm currently on anti depressants after my latest hospital admission and the staff caring for me say they've seen an improvement...personally I don't see it.

Like I said I don't want to hurt myself any more, does anyone have any suggestions on how I can handle feeling down without hurting myself?

Thanks in Advance,
Eve

Last edited by Eve : 11-02-2015 at 05:46 PM. Reason: label didn't fit with content

I've been through hell but I'm still fighting.
Never give in to what isn't right or fair.

Eve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2015, 02:36 AM   #2
PassedExpectations
a mirror that reflects it

I am currently:

Hi Eve,

I've been in the position of other people seeing improvements in me that I didn't see/feel myself. While it is really frustrating, I think it is pretty common for someone to start improving a while before the feeling of improvement kicks in. Try to trust the staff and hang in there.

As for ideas of how to handle feeling down, the options are endless. What works for one person won't necessarily work for someone else, but there is something that will work for everyone. When finding the things that help me, I first think about what things I enjoy, and what things I feel comforted by. Once I have a list of those, I can usually adapt some into coping skills.

One thing I would try to remember is that things that help don't always help "enough" in that they don't make you feel 100% better. The can help "enough" in that they make the feelings manageable. You're going to feel down sometimes, thats normal. Being a robot really isn't the goal. The goal is to make the painful feelings tolerable and shorter-lived.

this is my magical medicine cabinet. Left to right they contain: courage, hope, calmness, and strength.

The magical part: They NEVER run out, so borrow some any time you want.

PM me anytime, I love getting messages :)
Katie

PassedExpectations is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)