RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 23-09-2014, 08:09 PM   #1
Ballerina123
XXX

I am currently:
What job should I get?

I would like a part time job (or even a volunteer thing) but im not sure what kind of things to apply for?

In the past I have worked in the nhs as a healthcare assistant and in a few pubs and restaurants.
I loved the healthcare work but didn't like the pub and restaurants.

I would love a health care job but it always involves occupational health clearance, which I often struggle to get.

I would like a job that doesn't require occupational health clearance because the whole assessment thing just stresses me out.

My interests are health care (medical not mental health), science (mainly physics but any science is cool), maths, working with people and something that involves a challenge.

I only have gcses and a levels. They are good grades and im doing a part time degree in maths and physics.

Can anyone think of anything I could apply for that would be interesting to me and fits my qualification level?

The average,
well-adjusted adult
gets up at 7.30am feeling just plain terrible.

Call me Kate.

I have dyslexia so please excuse my poor spelling and sometimes poor understanding.

Ballerina123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2014, 09:26 PM   #2
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

I got a job in a care home. They don't require you to go through occupational health.

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Cacoethes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2014, 06:31 PM   #3
The One Who

I am currently:

What do you want to get from it? Experience in order to get a job in the field, a social thing, something to do with your time, etc?
What is available in your area, and would you be willing to travel?
What can you give to an organisation?

I believe the 'Do-It' website still exists, and it lists local volunteering opportunities. If you are looking for a job, well, you will need to apply and see what they are looking for and if you get one!

The One Who is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)