RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 22-07-2018, 01:40 PM   #1
Sock

I am currently:
Contains sexual abuse - how do you know you're not overreacting?

Iv'e possibly asked this question in the past, so apologies. I do still struggle with it and thought its best to ask than think about it.

some of the things that happened post-abuse arent a 'big deal' - i know because ive asked friends and theyve experienced similar stuff, except it affects me differently. i think its result of the bad stuff or something like that. - i know it mkes little sense, sorry, my brain wont let me 'go there'

i keep wondering if im overreacting. if its not a big deal. ....

.. sorry will have to add more later, my brain isnt making much sense .. i swear it was before when i decide to type this.. tbc..

You have to do everything you can. You have to work your hardest. And if you do, if you stay positive, then you have a shot at a silver lining
'Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life'
“Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow.’”

Sock is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 23-07-2018, 05:24 AM   #2
Horizon

I am currently:

I will try to answer as best I can.

If things related to traumatic situations are bothering you and affecting your quality of life, then they are a big deal.

Also, what's a "big deal" to one person may not be a "big deal" to another. Also, maybe some people who tell you they don't view it as a big deal have some denial issues of their own situations causing them to react that way.

I think it's important not to compare or seek validation with others about whether you're "overreacting", and instead focus solely on you and how you feel after the trauma, as well as how your life has been impacted. You are the best judge of yourself and your life in this regard.

If it is bothering you, you are not over-reacting.

I hope this helps even a tiny bit, and I hope that you reach out more here when and if you feel ready to talk a bit more or when you need to vent or need some help.

Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2018, 09:23 PM   #3
Sock

I am currently:

Thanks. Sort of makes sense what youre saying.

Ive been talking about blame with my therapist. Its hard. Its all hard. Talking about it is hard. Thinking about it is too. My thoughts make no sense, not in the way that could be put into words or sentences. I really struggle with that. I sometimes draw. That helps but explaining drawings is hard.

You have to do everything you can. You have to work your hardest. And if you do, if you stay positive, then you have a shot at a silver lining
'Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life'
“Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow.’”

Sock is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)