RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 15-11-2013, 05:20 PM   #1
random.swirls
Head forum moderator

I am currently:
Surrealness!

So I was torn where to put this because whilst in some ways it's suited to moving forward but i don't want support or congratulations and its not a milestone so I decided to put this here!

The 15th November 2011 marked the start of my last admissions in the 18 months prior to that I had had 2 other admissions all to the same ward and I was quite well known by staff on that ward!

Yesterday I went onto the ward to start work and going forward every Thursday afternoon for 2 hours I will be running a group there alongside a nurse! It was very surreal going into the staff area as that is forbidden territory. I also had great satisfaction using my staff pass to leave rather than waiting to be buzzed in/out.

The psychologist made a very interesting point and it really struck a chord with me which is many people see recovery as living a life without symptoms but for the vast majority of people with mental health conditions recovery is having some symptoms but living a life alongside them. That really struck a chord with me because its very true!

When we lose twenty pounds... we may be losing the twenty best pounds we have! We may be losing the pounds that contain our genius, our humanity, our love and honesty. ~Woody Allen
Is a chocolate muffin loving glitter ball

random.swirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2013, 03:03 PM   #2
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

Cam Cam Cam!

I've probably already told you this, but we had a peer support group on one of the wards I was at. The people running the group did look a little nervous tbh, but they did really well and I know a lot of the patients found it helpful.
We chatted after the group and they said of course they found it weird, but it also felt good, in a way, because they said they really realised how much they had moved on!

I think you'll do brilliantly!
Just try not to set off your alarm by accident

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Cacoethes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2013, 01:42 AM   #3
random.swirls
Head forum moderator

I am currently:

Thank you!

The group is tomorrow or later today and having been terrified all week I'm strangely calm now! I have a properly insane day though so Hopefully I won't have time to ruminate on it tomorrow!!!

When we lose twenty pounds... we may be losing the twenty best pounds we have! We may be losing the pounds that contain our genius, our humanity, our love and honesty. ~Woody Allen

Old 21-11-2013, 01:45 AM   #4
Serendipity.
fabulous.

I hope it goes well tomorrow! I'm sure you will be great!

Also, well done for how far you've come! I can imagine it would be really strange going back to the ward to work but it is brilliant that you are in a position to do that and think it sounds like it would be really helpful! :)

"I know you're sad, so I won't tell you to have a good day. Instead, I advise you to simply have a day.
Stay alive, feed yourself well, wear comfortable clothes, and don't give up on yourself just yet.
It'll get better. Until then, have a day."

Serendipity. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2013, 01:49 AM   #5
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

Good luck Cam!

Let us know how it goes!

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 21-11-2013, 07:31 PM   #6
random.swirls
Head forum moderator

I am currently:

Well it went okay!!!

I got there and was like eek! And the ward admin was like SIT and I was like this is the forbidden room anyway it was shift change and some of the nurses who knew me came in and were like hello camilla what are you doing here!!!! So then the admin was like ohhhh and chatted to me!

It was very wierd and there were several strange parts including pointing out all the rooms I was in to the nurse and having a this is so strange convo with a nurse I knew and then going in and seeing a patient I knew from my first admission which was like yes it's me!!!

But yeah I survived and they let me out at the end which we all had a joke about!!!

Old 21-11-2013, 07:53 PM   #7
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

That sounds really good!

Glad they let you out at the end :P

Who else is fine?!?!?

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)