RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 19-11-2013, 10:57 PM   #1
Mid-Night

I am currently:
I don't know want to do ?

so im new to this and i want to get some advice on what i should do. This thread will be alittle long but i will try and summarize it.

So i think im depressed even at a early age but never really payed attention until now.i first found out depression when my aunt got diagnostic so i looked online for depression symptoms and fact when i was younger just out of curiosity, but now i actually think i have depression.

My mood are very strange because i get them randomly and days at a time i have (difficulty concentrating and remembering details which i though it was normal because i also have A.D.D), difficulty making decisions unless it's truly necessary, Feeling of sadness or unhappiness to the point where i cry (very very rarely do i want to cry in the middle of class out of no where) , thought about harming my self out of no where or when i though about depressing things that have happen to me or death, i never got irritated very easily but over the years it got worse and worse even over small matters that mean really nothing and i over react and yell sometimes, i usually force myself to do my activities that i like when i really don't want to. i also talk to my self but i think everyone does that from time to time. i also get anxiety when im around groups of people my age or people i don't know i keep to my self and hide in my little corner unless i know them or with a group of people i know but it has gotten better after i moved and gotten more self esteem.

Again this mood are very random (beside the people anxiety) and can last for a day or 2 or just last for a few hours or mins. But when im around people im mellow beside when they i irritate me and people tend to think i don't care about anything because of they way i compose my self. i look well put together like nothing is wrong with me.

So finally my question is should i go see a doctor about this.....

P.S i have tired and talk to family members about it but they either give me a look or told me it would pass or it was nothing

Mid-Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2013, 11:58 PM   #2
Fire Fly
Feel free to be yourself

I am currently:

Hi lovely,
I'm sorry things have been so hard for you and that you've been struggling but your family passed it off. I think as it is distressing you and is affecting your daily day to day functioning you should go and see a doctor. It might not be best to diagnose yourself as there can be many different factors affecting each diagnosis and each person is different. You can keep talking here but maybe talking your gp about it may help and see if you can get support or something help raise your mood.
Take care xxx

Ballerina123 - My lovely superstar

Call me R -

The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time - Abraham Lincoln

Fire Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2013, 07:22 AM   #3
a_seething_one
~*~Dawn~*~

I am currently:

I would definitely suggest meeting with your GP. Good luck.

Last edited by a_seething_one : 20-11-2013 at 07:53 AM. Reason: posted on wrong thread

So your scars fade away/You soaked up the pain/A better person 'cause you lived through those days/And now you know what it's like to prove/You can overcome anything that gets to you/Well it's alright/We're sayin' our goodbyes/To the past and everything that ain't right/We won't waste another day/With all these silly things in our way-Crossfade

Light a candle for the sinners...Set the world on fire...

a_seething_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2013, 11:20 AM   #4
susieannah
Control is an illusion

I am currently:

I also think it would be a good idea to see your doctor about what's been going on for you *hugs*

susieannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2013, 05:07 AM   #5
Mid-Night

I am currently:

Thank you for giving all your opinions it really means alot :) but how would i start talking to my doctor about this the idea has scarred me off many of times and because of it something i think i don't need the help or if i tell the doctor there going to say there is nothing wrong with me it's just stress :/ another thing that scares me off are the cost of pills or therapy. Im currently looking for a job and i rather not ask my family only one person is working to support 5 of us

So what should i do ?

Old 21-11-2013, 09:23 AM   #6
susieannah
Control is an illusion

I am currently:

If you are not sure about talking, could you maybe write down some of what you would like help with or struggle with? You could then just hand over the note, and don't have to worry about getting tongue-tied or blurting out that you are fine!

susieannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2013, 10:03 PM   #7
Mid-Night

I am currently:

That sounds like a great idea i might just do that but what if the expenses are to much and i still haven't been hired yet what else can i do

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)