RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 17-01-2021, 04:17 PM   #1
Bluemonkey

Discharging from CMHT?

I’m new to this so I apologise if I post something I shouldn’t, or if I’ve managed to post in the wrong place!
I’m a little stuck at the moment. I’m currently under CMHT in the UK, and have been in services for a decade now. I’ve sort of reached the point where I feel I’m unable to be helped because I’ve tried many different medications, had different therapies etc over the years and if anything, as time goes on I’m just getting more and more unwell. I’ve been diagnosed with BPD for a long time, and have been diagnosed with bipolar type 1 more recently.
I was wondering, what would happen if I told my cpn I wanted to be discharged from CMHT? I know she will be against it, but I just don’t see what more they can offer me now. I’m currently on section 117 aftercare, I don’t know if that has an impact as to weather I can discharge myself or not?
I just feel like there’s no hope left for me to get better anymore, so their time should be spent on someone else who actually has a chance.

Bluemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2021, 04:19 PM   #2
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

Hi there
Welcome to ryl!

I discharged myself from my last cmht so it is possible
No harm in asking your cpn

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Cacoethes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2021, 01:36 PM   #3
yoyogirl

I am currently:

But as you have a got a number of illnesses I think it would be worth having them available and regular appointments as someone to turn to when things get rough or when you relapse and perhaps it's bearing in mind that therapies and meds are just strategies to assist you in the same way as having a long term physical illness. It's up to ensure you eat well, manage stress, reduce smoking, and react to situations.

It's also about symptom management and finding ways to cope with the illness by looking at ways in which it rears its ugly head, are there certain triggers that set it off at work for instance or at home?
Do you have a symptom diary it's worth keeping a log in your phone of where, when/why, etc, and looking at what you can do to prevent/reduce the severity.

Last edited by yoyogirl : 18-01-2021 at 01:46 PM.

Have you ever confused a dream with life? Or stolen something when you have the cash? Have you ever been blue? Or thought your train moving while sitting still? Maybe I was just crazy. Maybe it was the 60's. Or maybe I was just a girl... interrupted.
I know what it's like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in but you can't. How you hurt yourself on the outside to try to kill the thing on the inside. I tried groups, didn't work out just made my depression a lot worse.

yoyogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2021, 04:04 PM   #4
Iamcatbug
Cat

No harm in asking and seeing what they say. They may advise against it though. Do they know how you feel about it all?

Alternatively would you be able to ask for a break for a while from therapy?

Iamcatbug is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)