RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 16-04-2020, 04:47 PM   #1
LittleBird84
Trying her damm best

I am currently:
Family trouble

Me mum and dad all live at home, And me and Mum are both off work(I am furloughed and Mum hasn't had to work as her mum died right at the start of the Lockdown so she's been off and she also has a heart problem) Anyways I have found it really really tough. And I must admit I am struggling mentally. My dad thinks he is funny and has been making life hell for me. To the point where I wanted to pack a bag and leave for good.

I am finding it hard getting out of bed every morning. I am just glad the weather has been something like it and I can take myself into the garden and plug my headphones in and blast my music really loud.

But next week my mum is back at work so it will just be me and my dad at home and I am really really really dreading it. I just know it is going to be hell. I don't know how I am going to find things to do to keep myself busy. The weather is not supposed to be any good either.

?When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence.?
? Ansel Adams

LittleBird84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2020, 04:52 PM   #2
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

Could you suggest a Family Meeting to talk about how you're all getting on? Me and my fiancée have one every week to talk about what things we'd like to do together, how we are getting on and if there are any issues we're having. That could create an opportunity for you to ask that they give you a bit more space/privacy at times, whilst also giving them an opportunity to talk about what they're finding tricky.

In terms of keeping yourself busy, what do you normally fill your free time with when it's not lockdown, and what activities are you already doing in lockdown? Just so I know a bit more before suggesting random stuff that may be of no use!

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2020, 05:31 PM   #3
LittleBird84
Trying her damm best

I am currently:

The meeting wouldn't work coz my dad cannot see he is doing anything wrong and it is all my fault. I am usually at work then I come home and watch tv for a bit and usually have a nap before tea. I was at college 1 day a week but that has now finished.

?When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence.?
? Ansel Adams

Old 16-04-2020, 08:49 PM   #4
Pi.R^2

I am currently:

He doesn't have to be doing anything wrong for it to be winding you up the wrong way though.

Has the college course completely finished or is there work for it you could be doing? Do you like: reading/jigsaws/puzzles/walking/craft?

Old 16-04-2020, 10:50 PM   #5
LittleBird84
Trying her damm best

I am currently:

It’s finished and I’ve passed. I’m proud of that.

Yesterday he tipped cold water over me when I was sunbathing. And he just shouts at me and keeps telling me to move out

? Ansel Adams

Old 18-04-2020, 12:10 PM   #6
Pi.R^2

I am currently:

Well done on passing the course! Are there any online courses you could take that would keep you busy?

Urgh. That does not sound pleasant. Is your mum able to mediate in this at all? It's hardly the right time to be suggesting that someone move house!!

Old 19-04-2020, 01:11 PM   #7
LittleBird84
Trying her damm best

I am currently:

Thanks, I don't think my so called friends care anymore. I feel really alone at the moment. I am really struggling

? Ansel Adams

Old 21-04-2020, 09:18 PM   #8
Pi.R^2

I am currently:

What makes you think your friends don't care?

Old 26-04-2020, 03:18 PM   #9
LittleBird84
Trying her damm best

I am currently:

Because hardly anyone has been in touch. I have to message them first. I am sick of checking on people and them not replying.

? Ansel Adams

Old 30-04-2020, 04:41 PM   #10
Pi.R^2

I am currently:

Hmm, sometimes people are crappy. Time to find some new friends? Have you ever used meetup? (That sounds silly given the circumstances, but they're doing online stuff atm)

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)