Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 05-02-2010, 11:10 AM   #1821
PixieHope.

I am currently:

Mm I know what you mean. I really, really want a 2.1 soooo that means the last 3 modules I'm doing & my diss have to be over 60%... I can do it, I think :(

And you say I only hear what I want to.

PixieHope. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 12:21 PM   #1822
archer one

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fire2burn View Post
^ Keep at it archer one!

If I have to do my dissertation, you're going to get on with that essay! Do you find that the biggest problem for it isn't so much finding the references but somehow trying to cut it all down to 1500 words? The punishments for overwriting make it thoroughly annoying.
Its more actually writing the damned thing in the first place and feeling like I actually know nothing at all about the subject.

Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift.
Thats why its the present.

A star shines in all of us,
we'll search for all our lives.
One day we'll find a way,
and a reason to survive.

archer one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 10:36 AM   #1823
offlineforever
Left RYL

Yeah I want a 2:1 cos i want to do a masters afterwards and because of everything that has happened i know i have failed all my modules from last semester, but i'm gonna apply for extenuating circumstances after I hand in my last essay

Left.

offlineforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:03 PM   #1824
The One Who

I am currently:

You should apply for extenuating circumstances now, not after anything. Go speak to someone about it.

The One Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 02:23 PM   #1825
PixieHope.

I am currently:

Mm yeah, definately apply now! For my Masters I need a 2.2 or above but to get a bursary for most of the tuition fee I need a 2.1, it should be okay though!

Old 06-02-2010, 02:33 PM   #1826
Voldemort

Arghhh. 10 weeks of me degree leftttt. (13 with Easter).

Arghhhh.

Voldemort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 02:36 PM   #1827
The One Who

I am currently:

I have seven weeks left, I think. It's scary! I now don't know whether to go ahead and apply for the research masters at my current university but not get any funding (I could afford it though) or wait a year and apply for 1+3 funding.

Old 06-02-2010, 02:56 PM   #1828
offlineforever
Left RYL

Claire, I spoke to my year tutor and head of school about it already, here we have to apply for it after we have submitted all the work we want extenuating circumstances to apply for, as i haven't handed it all in yet i can't apply for it yet

Left.

Old 07-02-2010, 12:59 PM   #1829
The One Who

I am currently:

Really starting to get annoyed now. I have an essay which should be fairly simple, but the question is unclear and the way I have interpreted it gives me pretty much no literature at all. I don't mind that we haven't covered it in lectures, that's fine, but it's gotten to the stage where I just have to make things up now.

Old 07-02-2010, 02:56 PM   #1830
offlineforever
Left RYL

I hate it when that happens! I've just done exactly the same in an essay question.

We have to start working on our dissertations now :(

Left.

Old 07-02-2010, 03:00 PM   #1831
PixieHope.

I am currently:

That's not good, can you email the module tutor with an essay plan to see if you interpreted it right?

Old 07-02-2010, 03:14 PM   #1832
The One Who

I am currently:

It's due tomorrow, so not really. I thought I had it, but read the question again last week and realised I was completely off-track. Guess I'll just need to hand it in as it is, which is rubbish!

I actually quite enjoyed my dissertation.

Old 07-02-2010, 03:23 PM   #1833
PixieHope.

I am currently:

Oh dear, yeah. I hate when that happens.

My dissertation is really fun. My tutor said if you don't enjoy it, you must of picked something you're not interested in, I think that's quite true.

Old 07-02-2010, 03:54 PM   #1834
The One Who

I am currently:

There are different types of dissertation frustration. Some choose a topic where there is too much literature and can't wade through it to find what is relevant, others (like me) pick something that has little to no literature which can be difficult. Some choose methods which are hard to get concrete data from, but then others just pick something because it seems an easy topic and have no interest in it.

Old 07-02-2010, 06:01 PM   #1835
offlineforever
Left RYL

We have to hand in our proposals by the 25th March so am starting to think about it

Left.

Old 07-02-2010, 07:19 PM   #1836
Miss_Mim

I am currently:

My course (Performing Arts) is stupidly demanding..
I do 9-6:30 Mondays, 9-5 Tuesdays, 9-7 Wednesdays, 9-5 Thursdays, then 9-1 Fridays, but they usually stiick extra stuff in Friday afternoons, and I have to do alot of weekends too.
It's a killer, then there's line learning, essays and presentations on top of that.
Kill me now.
Oh and to top it off STUDENT FRINANCE. Eurgh.
I didn't get ANY of my loan 'till January, after they messed up my application, deleted half of my details, lost my parents paper work etc.
In the end they didn't assess my parents earnings after 2 submissions of forms, so I don't have enough money to pay my accomm (£1000 short) and I'm depending on parents and overdraft to survive!
I applied for my second years lot of loans as soon as I could, so they have a longer amount of time to sccrew it up this year! Lol!
x

Miss_Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 10:33 AM   #1837
The One Who

I am currently:

Woo! Just got an essay from last year back (lecturer writes his own essay-worth of comments/feedback on each one so takes ages!) and I got a top first! I am so incredibly happy! Yay!

Old 10-02-2010, 07:46 PM   #1838
NicolaRose

I am currently:

Well done Claire :)

It seems alot of you have to write essays, it sounds hard. But then i am doing maths, which everyone laughs at, and i have 6 exams next term lol.
Also got to start working on my first ever uni essay for a history module i am doing this term, im not really sure how to set it out and present it!

NicolaRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 12:19 PM   #1839
The One Who

I am currently:

I am still bouncing about it. I can't quite believe it.

For essays they're quite simple once you know what you are doing with them. I'd suggest getting a hold of some examples, maybe some history journal articles or something. Just to give you some ideas.

Old 11-02-2010, 06:21 PM   #1840
White Noise

I have a fortnight until my dissertation deadline, in that time I pretty much have to write the whole thing and then get it bound. This is ridiculous, I've been thinking about my dissertation and planning it since summer, but none of that work has translated into anything I can hand in, it's worth 25% of my degree, so erm, yeah. I'm really going to have to pull this out of my arse. That, and I have some assessed presentations coming up just before the deadline.

I really can't wait for this to be over tbh, and here's to hoping that I get this work done in time.

Random radio ___________This spiral
Static on tv ____________Has worn a groove so deep
Losing count of _________Canít climb out
All the days and weeks ___Pathetic, painful need

(survival is my victory.)

White Noise is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)