Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 16-12-2009, 09:34 PM   #1761
The One Who

I am currently:

You aren't supposed to know everything, that's the point. You try to formulate an argument out of what you do know. The markers know that first years don't have the knowledge base and so mark to a lower standard than they do for final year students who are expected to have that knowledge base and be 'better' at what they are being asked to do.

I have finished writing my dissertation, only need to print it off, bind it and hand it in tomorrow. Hopefully my charts and tables which look fine on my computer but rubbish on my friend's will print off ok.

The One Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2009, 09:36 AM   #1762
offlineforever
Left RYL

Has anyone else got this... Basically because i admitted I was struggling at uni and all this extra support has been put in place all my tutors for the past month have insisted on weekly meetings to see where i am with my assignments and stuff....

Left.

offlineforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2009, 05:25 PM   #1763
The One Who

I am currently:

They can do that, especially if they are giving extensions. No point in giving them if they don't know when the work is going to be in, or don't know how you are getting on.

Handed my dissertation in, woooooo!

Old 17-12-2009, 06:44 PM   #1764
offlineforever
Left RYL

I suppose it is to cover their back as much as mine then? and well done!

Left.

Old 17-12-2009, 11:41 PM   #1765
Sans Peur

term finished today, 10 and half hour journey home tomorrow :|

Sans Peur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2009, 12:10 AM   #1766
offlineforever
Left RYL

Wish i had finished :( I had my last lecture today but i have a meeting on monday morning so am at uni until then... all my friends have gone so am lonley now

Left.

Old 18-12-2009, 12:20 AM   #1767
shadow-light
He was no dragon. Fire cannot kill a dragon

I am currently:

my last lecture was on tuesday... but I'm staying here over christmas *shrugs*

shadow-light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2009, 10:05 AM   #1768
White Noise

My dissertation draft is due on the 10th next month and I've not even started writing, let alone doing any research that isn't academic texts. I don't think I have time to write interviews and find people to interview in the next month, so I'm going to have to make the whole thing theoretical. Only problem is that someone else keeps reserving all the books I need and I end up taking them back to the library constantly, so, the texts just aren't there. I also need to go home for Christmas, which means working at my parent's house and I just know that I'm not going to get any work done there, let alone have enough privacy to carry out my research. Everyone in my department will have gone home by now, so I can't ask the uni for help.

Ok, its only a draft deadline, but it is the only feedback I'll be able to get before the final deadline. I'm guessing I'm not the only person who's been in this type of situation, but yeah, it worries me because the dissertation is worth so much of my degree.

Random radio ___________This spiral
Static on tv ____________Has worn a groove so deep
Losing count of _________Canít climb out
All the days and weeks ___Pathetic, painful need

(survival is my victory.)

White Noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2009, 10:14 AM   #1769
offlineforever
Left RYL

White Noise: thats bad :( Hope you can get some done before the 10th

Left.

Old 18-12-2009, 12:41 PM   #1770
The One Who

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Noise View Post
My dissertation draft is due on the 10th next month and I've not even started writing, let alone doing any research that isn't academic texts. I don't think I have time to write interviews and find people to interview in the next month, so I'm going to have to make the whole thing theoretical. Only problem is that someone else keeps reserving all the books I need and I end up taking them back to the library constantly, so, the texts just aren't there. I also need to go home for Christmas, which means working at my parent's house and I just know that I'm not going to get any work done there, let alone have enough privacy to carry out my research. Everyone in my department will have gone home by now, so I can't ask the uni for help.

Ok, its only a draft deadline, but it is the only feedback I'll be able to get before the final deadline. I'm guessing I'm not the only person who's been in this type of situation, but yeah, it worries me because the dissertation is worth so much of my degree.
Sorry, you've probably already said, but what is your dissertation on? And when is the final deadline?

I had that problem with books too, I seemed to be fighting a postgrad for the same ones at the same time.

Old 18-12-2009, 12:49 PM   #1771
Sans Peur

I understand the feeling, my dissertation is due on the 22nd january, i have barely started it

Sans Peur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2009, 06:13 PM   #1772
I-Feel-Infinite
Jess ~♥

I am currently:

just handed in all 3 3000 word essays (all due on same day.. eek!) and am now back at home!! yipee!
xxx

As a little kid you believed in fairytales,
that fantasy of what your life would be: white dress; prince charming who would carry you away to a castle on a hill.
You closed your eyes and had complete and utter faith.
Eventually you grow up. One day you open your eyes and the fairy tale disappears.
But the thing is, it's hard to let go of that fairytale entirely because almost everyone has that smallest bit of hope, of faith,
that one day they will open their eyes and it will come true.

I-Feel-Infinite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2009, 11:05 AM   #1773
offlineforever
Left RYL

Ok I have a quick question for everyone...

I have been given extensions for all 4 of my assignments till the friday before next semester starts because of events that have happened in my life recently.

There have just been 2 essay hand in dates gone past this week (which included 2 of the essays that I have yet to do) and people keep asking me how i did in it. I don't really want to lie to them but i don't want to tell them i got extensions because a lot of people get annoyed...

What do you think the best thing to do would be?

Left.

Old 19-12-2009, 05:53 PM   #1774
The Hierophant

haven't been able to upload essay yet, was due in yesterday & blackboard was down & is still done, have extenuating form in, so have extra ten days but still worrying about getting it in.

The Hierophant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2009, 07:51 PM   #1775
sdixon
*Alone in the darkness*

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naty View Post
Ok I have a quick question for everyone...

I have been given extensions for all 4 of my assignments till the friday before next semester starts because of events that have happened in my life recently.

There have just been 2 essay hand in dates gone past this week (which included 2 of the essays that I have yet to do) and people keep asking me how i did in it. I don't really want to lie to them but i don't want to tell them i got extensions because a lot of people get annoyed...

What do you think the best thing to do would be?
Tell them you are not sure, or tell them you got an extention for personal reasons that you do not feel like explaining, if they get annoyed, it is their own fault.

A winter wonderland at Hogwarts

sdixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2009, 11:17 PM   #1776
offlineforever
Left RYL

that sounds like a plan

argh i have a meeting with my tutor tomorrow to go over my essay plan and i still havent got to that stage! actually wasting his time now...

Left.

Old 21-12-2009, 02:25 AM   #1777
pugdog
Outsider

I am currently:

anybody else feel like they should be doing homework... even though we are on holiday? it bugs me, I feel guilty for spending time doing hobbies.
yes, I'm a nerd.

-brian

'in the quiet heart is hidden, sorrow that the eye can't see'

pugdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2009, 10:43 AM   #1778
makedamnsure

I am currently:

stressing about jan exams already. not going to enjoy christmas at all because will be revising the whole time. how rubbish.

Courtesy
Integrity
Perseverance
Self Control
Indomitable Spirit

makedamnsure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2009, 12:37 PM   #1779
The One Who

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugdog View Post
anybody else feel like they should be doing homework... even though we are on holiday? it bugs me, I feel guilty for spending time doing hobbies.
yes, I'm a nerd.

-brian
Yes! Now that I've handed in my dissertation I'm feeling quite bored. Have a bit of an urge to start writing random papers.

Old 21-12-2009, 12:49 PM   #1780
offlineforever
Left RYL

I am going be doing uni work over the holidays :(

Left.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)