RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-06-2007, 08:58 AM   #1
sillystring

I am currently:
Not entirely sure where this should go...

Sorry if this is the wrong forum to post this in, I'm just a wee bit confussed trying to navigate all this new stuff, and I'm too scared to think straight anyway right now.

Sold my truck today. That's good. But also bad. I had the guy come to my house to look at it. Well, I didn't want to- I wanted to meet him at a police station, but all my friends said that was stupid and that I must have some serious issues for even having that cross my mind- they said everyone just has the person come to their house or work and look at the car, I should do the same... so I did.

But the guy who bought it, was really creepy. REALLY creepy. And not just cuz I'm paranoid about this stuff (but... I've had a gun pointed at my head 3 times- can you really blame me for wanting to be cautious?). I mean, he was trying to find out a lot of personal information about me. I flat out refused to give him most of it, or just ignored some of his comments, or gave the wrong information... I mean, he found out I trained horses (not a big deal him knowing that, he knew cuz it did come up as to why I'm getting rid of the truck, and I also had horse sticker on my bumper and my show team letterman jacket on), but then wanted to know exactly where I trained and what days I trained where and all, and tried to find out where I worked, and when and where I went to school, he kept asking what type of food I liked, and kept trying to suggest we go get food together, and made comments a couple times about me being "pretty"... which my friends said wasn't a big deal, that I shouldn't be upset about that, but I AM... normal people don't tell strangers that they're pretty, especially when they're not... and especially when at first he thought I was only like 17 (I'm 22... I was pissed that he thought I looked like a high school student still...), and then still continued to try to get me to go get food with him or kept asking what my plans were for tonight... and then he made a comment about how he's going to keep my cell phone number so that he can call me and we can get food some other time and we can "be friends"...

Am I really just crazy? Is he really just a nice guy? I know I was suspicious of anyone who called, so it might not be all because of him- but he really WAS creepy... and I am really really scared, way too scared to sleep.... I hate the idea of a stranger having even my phone number, let alone knowing where I live.... I seriously debated moving tonight- yes, during the night, overnight- just to change location and disapear because now someone knows where I live... not even all my friends know where I live... I just have a really really bad feeling about this guy for some reason, moreso than about anyone else I've ever had a bad feeling about. I want to call the local police department to ask them if maybe just for the next couple nights, they could come by a couple extra times to check on me and the house and make sure everything looks okay- but I'm not sure if they'd do that, or if they'd just be mad that I even was crazy enough to be so paranoid and then call and ask such a thing of them.

sillystring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 05:29 PM   #2
archer one

I am currently:

You are not crazy. That was a lot of personal information he was trying to get out of you and I'm glad that you resisted. Can you call someone to come over tonight to stay with you? Its more likely nothing will happen, but its not a bad idea if it reassures you.

Take care.

archer one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 05:55 PM   #3
raistlin
Strong Survivor

I am currently:

I don't think you are being crazy or paranoid. From your post, he does sound really creepy. You are selling your truck, all he needs to know about is the truck. Nothing else.
I would call the police department and see what they say to coming around and checking. They wouldn't think you are mad. It is something they do if they have time to doing it.
It's possible that he can be just a nice guy. But better safe than sorry.
Hope you never see him again. *hugs*

raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 07:13 PM   #4
ihatethereforeiam
Rosie

I am currently:

That's not crazy at all, it's better to be a little paranoid than naive, especially when it comes to creepy people. From what you said it just seems like he has a crush on you, and was TRYING to 'subtly' ask you out, of course asking a stranger all those intimate questions when you're trying to buy a truck off them is not the best way to do it.
If it really bothers you, like the other posters have mentioned, ask a friend to stay over and ask the police if they could keep a check on the area, I bet they get this alot, besides it's their job.
Take care.
x

Feel free to PM me any time; whether you want support or just a chat! x

"
She's been everybody else's girl
Maybe one day she'll be her own"

ihatethereforeiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 08:08 PM   #5
sillystring

I am currently:

Thanks for the replies... I'm gonna go have a meeting with this lady at school in an hour-ish, she's the one helping me get a restraining order against my dad... I think I'm gonna tell her about it and see what she has to say and see if she'll call and talk to the police with me.... I didn't hardly sleep at all last night- I did eventually get in my car and just drive, and found someplace safe and parked it and slept for an hour or so... I just didn't feel safe being at home, and I'm tired of people teasing me about it.... and even if it was just that he had a 'crush' on me... still... it's creepy... especially when he had never met me before... and that type of thing has been creeping me out lately anyway, at the restaurant I work at I've had 2 of the guys who work there trying to ask me out and it's just making me really uncomfortable and when I got upset about it at work this weekend, I just had the assistant manager tell me I should be flattered and had no right to get upset...

sillystring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 03:05 AM   #6
raistlin
Strong Survivor

I am currently:

Good. :) Hope your meeting went well. Sorry you couldn't sleep well or that you don't feel safe at home, where you should feel safe. If the guys at your work start to get more insistant or too pushy then I would try talkin to the assistant manager against. If you are uncomfortable in the situation it is harassment and the manager needs to do something. Perhaps try talking to a different manager? Good luck.

raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)