RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 18-05-2018, 11:53 PM   #1
Butterfly Flutter Girl

Hopelessness

I am on summer vacation from University and I still feel so hopeless. Usually my Depression gets worse during the stressful time of final exams, but then calms back down during breaks. Nothing is happening to trigger these feelings. I just don't get excited about anything anymore. I have been thinking about suicide off and on for the past few weeks. I have made a couple of plans. I don't want to take my life, and I can't see myself doing it. It just doesn't feel like it is going to get any better. Normal small talk and conversations take so much effort now. Just overall feeling defeated. Finding myself questioning if anyone would even care.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid."
~Albert Einstein

Butterfly Flutter Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2018, 04:21 AM   #2
nonperson

I am currently:

I’m sure more people than you realise would care.

I can also understand not being excited by things any more. What’re you going to be spending your vacation doing? Have you got a job for the summer? Or friends to visit, going away anywhere?

nonperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2018, 10:34 AM   #3
Izumi2254
Big_Brother_Ed

I am currently:

Sometimes, as ive found myself, school serves as a kind of distraction, even at its most stressful times. Having something to do gives me a sense of purpose, and when holidays and weekends come round, its difficult because there is no distraction. I don't know if this is the case for you, but it certainly is for me. If im writing an essay, or doing research, i can focus on that, and it gives me a reason to stick around, even if that reason seems mundane. I very recently got out of hospital for a suicide attempt, and the week i spent in there, unable to do much besides lay in bed was hell. I also find school to be the best place to be, along with sleeping. Even though being around other people at school is draining, having that social interaction all the time means you get a little more used to it, but during the holidays when you arent used to it means you get out of practice. Ive found that during the holidays, it helps to keep doing what i usually do at school, something im good at, which is reading and writing. I have especially used fanfiction as an outlet, not so much writing, but reading it. I also find (though this is only me) that if i find a fiction with themes of suicide and SH, it makes me feel less alone in my struggles, though of course you have to be careful not to come across any really triggering themes. Another thing i do which helps is to write on a Q and A site called Quora. There, I can read and write answers that are interesting and informative, and makes me feel like i'm back at school. I suggest you check it out if you enjoy such things.

Best of luck.

“It is such a mysterious place, the land of tears.”
― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince

Izumi2254 is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)