RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 19-04-2009, 12:58 AM   #1
[Fog]

I am currently:
Psychosis Thread

Hey guys

Waiting in the Dark started a thread suggesting having a Psychosis thread, so I really hope I'm not offending anyone by making it... But it's past midnight and I'm bored! But all credit to Waiting in the Dark!

To start everyone off, I have a few mh problems, and my psychosis is related to my OCD. My main voices/ people are Anouk who is the bad one, and Anais who is the good one. She's currently being held hostage by Anouk I've been on APs the last few days but it just seems to be making me worse...

Anyway helloooo one and all!

[Fog] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2009, 10:28 AM   #2
alienshe_cheesycake
the world will never take my heart

I am currently:

ah
I like this thread because I wouldn't feel comfortable using a schitzoprenic thread because I haven't been diagnosed with anything other than pychosis right now

I'm with the Early Intervention in Pychosis team and I started hearing voices about a year ago, also sometimes get visual hallucinations and delusions

Mostly though its just the 4 different voices
The man who tells me to kill myself and cut myself
the man who is really mean to me and calls me names and stuff
the man who is always laughing me and mocking me
and the girl voice who wants me to kill people

I can mostly cope with them except for the girl voice
because I get scared she will possess me and make me do things :-S

I've probably rambled on here,but I like this thread
(I've said that haven't I?)

"In the driest whitest stretch of pains infinate desert, I lost my sanity, and found this rose"

alienshe_cheesycake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2009, 10:38 AM   #3
Siouxsie

I am currently:

Yay it got made!

I have Psychosis (along with other things) &I'm with the Early Intervention Team. I think they're quite helpful.

I struggle with people reading my thoughts, hidden cameras/microphones, the Invisibles (threatening presences around me) and a derogatory female voice who is horrible to me and tells me to harm myself/others. It's hard to believe it's psychosis because it all feels so real.

Siouxsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2009, 11:17 AM   #4
tamobhuuta

dude, it got made! yay for boredom in the early hours.

i was only diagnosed with psychosis this year (under ? psychotic depression) but i've been hearing the Voice since i was 14. he started off telling me to starve myself, then moved on later to cutting and telling me to kill myself. summer last year he started telling me i wasn't human and all kinds of stories like that. by now, i believe them. my SH started along with some kind of depression when i was 13, but the Voice just commandeered it. in the past i also had people reading my thoughts.
i started meds at the beginning of the year and it's helped a lot with the Voices, but not much with the beliefs they gave me. whenever i hear the Voice, which is less often now, it still seems real, but it's easier to fight him now i have time by myself as well.
also recently it's like the Voice has been putting slightly paranoid thoughts in my head and strange images, because he can't talk to me. but i don't know what to make of that.

woah that was too long for an introduction really but too late now.

i hope Anais gets let go soon banana89 maybe the APs need some time to work? i know mine took a while to kick in and that just gave the Voice an opportunity to try to get me to give up.

[Zara] i know what you mean about it seeming real. i don't think you have to persuade yourself it's not real to be able to cope with it, sometimes i think it's ok to work out a way through, within the 'psychosis', because it's real for us.
sorry if i'm not allowed to say that, just my opinion.

Ying tong iddle ai po!

tamobhuuta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2009, 12:36 PM   #5
tamobhuuta

i searched through old threads ont hsi board and came upw ith these to have a look at

a leaflet about psychosis http://www.mind.org.uk/Information/Booklets/Other/My+name+is+Pete.htm
a facebook group created by _plastic
http://www.facebook.com/groups/edit....1970636&ref=mf
a thread about the Early Intervention Team which got a lot of replies
http://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88850&highlight=psychosis
Schizo-typal thread
http://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3580&highlight=psychosis

i'm hoping to get together a list of ways to cope with psychosis so if anyone has any ideas they want to share that'd be great :)

edit: how to cope with psychosis in public
http://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum...d.php?t=125291

Last edited by tamo >bhūtā : 30-01-2010 at 10:01 PM. Reason: add a link

Ying tong iddle ai po!

Old 19-04-2009, 12:37 PM   #6
trina1723

I am currently:

*waves*

i have only recently (like 2 weeks ago) been diagnosed with psychosis, and i have been experiencing things for about 7 months now. i have been put on anti-psychotics, but they arent working yet.
i hear a girl, and she tells me to do bad things, and at the moment she is more in control then me.
i also see a man, and he just follows me and watches me, i think he is extra to the cameras and stuff that watch me. if that makes sense.
there are also spirits in my room that wont go away =|

'the pain you feel is real,
you're not asleep,
but its a nightmare,
but you cant wake up anytime.'

trina1723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2009, 01:03 PM   #7
Wonderland.

Great idea for a thread =]

x

'Cause I'll always remember you the same.
Oh eyes like wild flowers within demons of change ♥

Wonderland. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2009, 02:51 PM   #8
[Fog]

I am currently:

Hey everyone! Nice but not nice to see I'm not alone if you see what I mean.

Alienshe Cheesecake How often does the girl talk to you? Do you think you cope with it better nowadays? I know what you mean, I think I have symptoms of schizophrenia but haven't been diagnosed with anything properly yet so who knows.

zara I definitely agree with you about it seeming so real. I'm really struggling at the moment with everyone telling me it's all in my head. Just cos other people don't see/ hear them doesn't mean they're not real... Right? Personally I think the best coping strategy is to deal with them as being real, to talk to them and bargain with them. Having said that I'm really not one to give advice at the moment!

Waiting in the Dark Thank you, Anais isn't tied up any more and She isn't in any real danger as such, because I did enough SI yesterday to keep Anouk happy. I'm still not allowed to talk to Her or see Her though and I miss Her. She always calms me down and helps me to talk to Anouk when Anouk's being particularly demanding. Yeah, I think you're right, the APs probably need more time, it's frustrating though because Anouk is so angry that I'm taking them. Do you hear Voices less now that you're on APs? What sort of difference did it make for you? Feels just more like a tranquilliser at the moment for me.

Trina Hey, sounds like you're as new to all this stuff as I am! Are the girl and the man there all the time?

Eclectic*a if you don't mind me asking what is the difference between splits and voices?

Sorry, that turned out to be pretty long. I'm going to speak to my psych later today so hopefully Anouk won't get too angry... xx

[Fog] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2009, 03:18 PM   #9
nuclearnight
Michelle

I am currently:

Room for one more in here? Afternoon everyone

Fairly new to all of this, only been suffering with symptoms of psychosis for about a year.

Glad to hear Anais is back.

~Michelle

nuclearnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2009, 03:26 PM   #10
tamobhuuta

hello everyone!

banana89: sorry you had to SI to keep Anouk happy, that must be really hard for you. i know when i SI for the 'sake' of someone else, the Voice or soemone, it's always harder, though maybe that's because i'm too selfish. yes, i do hear the Voices less now, it used to be every day (not all day) now it's every couple of weeks. i hope your meds help you. good luck with your psych.

trina1723: sorry the girl is in control at the moment. how are you managing with that? and it makes sense about the man, don't worry :)

Ying tong iddle ai po!

Old 19-04-2009, 03:36 PM   #11
_plastic

Eeeeeeeep *jumps in*

I love this thread thanks for making it // or reminding us with it ?

Anyways !

Hi

A little angel fell into my arms at the 7th of december 2010
xx Angel my babysisterxx

_plastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2009, 03:39 PM   #12
_plastic

Quote:

i searched through old threads ont hsi board and came upw ith these to have a look at

a leaflet about psychosis http://www.mind.org.uk/Information/B...me+is+Pete.htm
a facebook group created by _plastic
http://www.facebook.com/groups/edit....1970636&ref=mf
a thread about the Early Intervention Team which got a lot of replies
http://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum...ight=psychosis
Schizo-typal thread
http://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum...ight=psychosis

i'm hoping to get together a list of ways to cope with psychosis so if anyone has any ideas they want to share that'd be great :)
Much thankies for your links hun =]

Education about psychosis is very very important , please be aware of it guys.

Knowing about the disease you're having or your loved one weather it was mental or physical would be easier to dea with when having enough info about it.

Stay safe angels xo

xx Angel my babysisterxx

Old 19-04-2009, 03:41 PM   #13
_plastic

I wish i could stay here for a while but i have to go & study ..

Note//I have terrible lowering grades cause of the stupid pyschosis , it only seems to get worse and worse and it's affectin every aspect of my life :[

I have to study triple what a normal one would do so i can manage to 'barely-pass' anything.

Laters xx

xx Angel my babysisterxx

Old 19-04-2009, 03:54 PM   #14
tamobhuuta

_plastic: i know what you mean about studying. i feel like i might as well give up 'cos when it's not my meds slowing my brain down it's the Voice haranguing (sp?) me. i think it's really good you're going to do some given how hard it must be!

and i've started making a list of coping mechanisms. i've put them under headings but you'll probably find that any of them may work for any type of worry. contributions very welcome :)

things to do to cope with psychosis

tell someone: doctor, therapist, carer, friend etc
do your best to take any prescribed medication
do your best to engage with any therapy

accept yourself
become more assertive, increase your self-esteem
have a routine
avoid illegal drugs

auditory
listen to music
talking
singing
talking to the voices/people (eg telling them to go away)
accept the voices
make a working relationship with them
imagine positive things other people would say

visual
blink lots of times (visual)
video games
internet
watch TV
reading

other/all senses
do something to relax (eg light a candle, have a bath)
spend time around other people
puzzles
exercise
writing about it (when things start racing)
write a letter to the voices/people etc
do something creative
spend time with a pet
yoga
meditation
religion
sleep
focus on the other senses (eg if you're hearing things, try taste and touch)
counting

paranoia/delusions
argue against them rationally
ask other people for contrary evidence

Last edited by tamo >bhūtā : 19-04-2009 at 09:30 PM. Reason: added bits

Ying tong iddle ai po!

Old 19-04-2009, 04:30 PM   #15
trina1723

I am currently:

^ thanks for that, i shall have to try some of those suggestions. =]

banana the girl is there al of the time, and the man most of the time, he never used to come in my room but he does now =[
she makes me hurt myself, which im fine with tbh, its just she wants me to hurt other people, and when she is angry i hate going against her cuz then i have to punish myself. i dont feel like im coping. and ugh. sorry rant over.

i agree, about it effecting study. i havent done any work in weeks and i have exams soon, and i dont even know if i will be able to cope with doing them. i hate this so much. i cant concentrate on anything anymore.

you're not asleep,
but its a nightmare,

Old 19-04-2009, 05:58 PM   #16
_plastic

Quote:

_plastic: i know what you mean about studying. i feel like i might as well give up 'cos when it's not my meds slowing my brain down it's teh Voice haranguing (sp?) me. i think it's really good you're going to do some given how hard it must be!
As my psychosis got worse so my grades, i was an AB student and now i have an acidemic warning for my low grades , if i don't double-double-double my effort I'll be kicked out out of uni.Meds slowed down my brain and i slept all day and now that i am off meds against medical advice, the voices and the visial hallucinations are just very very sever :'[

**Call me Roby btw =] x

Quote:
visual
blink lots of times (visual)
video games
internet
watch TV
reading
Most of the time i go through visial hallucinations and ( even tho i do appreciate and value so much what u shared with us , i can't do these mechanisms all the time cuz i have to study and tudy and ugh :/

Last edited by _plastic : 19-04-2009 at 06:03 PM.

xx Angel my babysisterxx

Old 19-04-2009, 07:41 PM   #17
trina1723

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclectic*a View Post
Does anybody else feel like they're being watched 24/7? It's doing my head in and has been for years. URGH.
yep, it drives me crazy and makes me so self aware.

you're not asleep,
but its a nightmare,

Old 19-04-2009, 07:50 PM   #18
tamobhuuta

hi Roby, that's ok, they're just suggestions i picked up from other places. if you have any that do help you, you might want to add them :)

Ying tong iddle ai po!

Old 19-04-2009, 08:04 PM   #19
whirlpools

hi, i've had psychosis for six years. it's part of PTSD for me. it feels really weird to say i have psychosis. it feels wrong, and that it's all genuinely real. i'm not sure. i should perhaps say - other people have "diagnosed" me with psychosis. i take medication, though i find it difficult to be "concordant" with it.

the Controllers affect everything. it would take me pages and pages to explain everything i experience/have experienced because of Their influence. it's difficult now to know what is a psychotic symptom and what is reality. things that people mention that i can identify with - voices, threats, being spied on, listened to (microphones, cameras, energy centres) thoughts being inserted and broadcasted, subliminal messages, being followed by police, being responsible for terrible things, commands, things changing substance... well i could go on.

thank you for starting this thread, it was a great idea :)

whirlpools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2009, 08:10 PM   #20
nuclearnight
Michelle

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclectic*a View Post
Does anybody else feel like they're being watched 24/7? It's doing my head in and has been for years. URGH.
Yes, this is a huge and constant trigger for me too.

~Michelle

nuclearnight is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)