RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 19-06-2011, 01:47 AM   #1
BGonya1001

Not Allowed to Cut

My Mom said if i cut again she is going to admit me to a hospital and I wouldn't have an option. What do I do? because I am feeling triggered right now.... Someone help....

BGonya1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 19-06-2011, 02:35 AM   #2
Derrota

I am currently:

Try to relax and find another outlet. I know it's tough, especially since you aren't easing off of it you're just stopping. But you can do this. Maybe you can try to use this as an opportunity to stop SHing for good. Try your best hun <3

Moving forward!

Derrota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2011, 02:40 AM   #3
Detour. Derail
~* Formerly Voice Of Reason*~

I am currently:

I know its really hard, my mum did this to me too but like Derrota said, try find another outlet, trying scribbling furiously on paper or writing stuff down or playing a game or reading a book (preferrably one you know isnt going to make you feel worse) or talk to someone? a best friend or maybe even your mum (if she knows why your SHing).
This could be a really good time for you although I know its hard to begin with....it could be the thing that helps you stop.
I hope you feel better soon. Take care and if you ever need advice or need to talk, my PM box is always open x

...&& the cracks begin to show...
**Lex**

Detour. Derail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2011, 02:41 AM   #4
quiet1

I am currently:

hi. you say you are triggered right now. could you go to bed early? or use some distractions? call a friend? have a bath/shower? paint red on your skin where you want to cut? you could write your feelings down and then rip up the paper?

sometimes what i do is listen to my ipod really loud so i cant hear myself think. squeeze an ice cube in your hand until you can't anymore. it hurts but doesn't leave a mark.

these are just some suggestions there are more on the distraction page. also there are the fun and distraction forums that may help take your mind off of things for now.

how old are you if you don't mind me asking? i am not sure your mom can have you hospitalized for cutting if it is not a suicide attempt.

quiet1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2011, 09:02 AM   #5
akita

I am currently:

I don't think you can be admitted to hospital for self harming, only overdoses. Draw on yourself with a red pen or texta. The other ideas above are great and there is also The BIG Distraction Page

akita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2011, 04:53 PM   #6
PassedExpectations
a mirror that reflects it

I am currently:

i've been in the hospital for self harm and i know other people who have, so it probably depends what hospital and how full they are.....

how are you doing this morning? can you ask your mom to help you?, as she is the one who has put the ultimatum on you

this is my magical medicine cabinet. Left to right they contain: courage, hope, calmness, and strength.

The magical part: They NEVER run out, so borrow some any time you want.

PM me anytime, I love getting messages :)
Katie

PassedExpectations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2011, 05:30 PM   #7
BGonya1001

PastExpiration: I am going to try to ask for her help but its not easy for me to ask for help... Its almost impossible...

BGonya1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2011, 06:57 PM   #8
PassedExpectations
a mirror that reflects it

I am currently:

can you try a letter? or if even that is too difficult, you can get help from her without actually asking for it.... like doing something with her to distract you and keep you safe, even if you don't tell her why you want to do that.

this is my magical medicine cabinet. Left to right they contain: courage, hope, calmness, and strength.

The magical part: They NEVER run out, so borrow some any time you want.

PM me anytime, I love getting messages :)
Katie

PassedExpectations is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)