Post New Thread  Reply
Old 03-02-2016, 09:51 PM   #1
Katiee
It's full of lonely.

I am currently:
BBC ONE - In The Mind Season HAS STARTED! *Link inside*

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-22574973

BBC Mental Health Page ^^^^^

Mental health is fast becoming one of the great issues of our time with growing numbers of people in the UK seeking help. BBC One will dedicate two weeks of the schedule to explore this important subject in closer detail across a range of programming from news and drama to documentaries and features.

Starting on Monday 15 February, the season will include stories of life and death, hope, scientific discovery and much more to help raise public awareness and understanding of issues relating to mental health.

BBC One’s In The Mind season will include the following content:

BBC News at Six and News at Ten - From 14th Febuary will broadcast a series of special reports on subjects including neuroscience, the NHS, ECT, lifesaving charities, changing social attitudes and mental health in the black community.

Inside Out on Monday 15 February - the ‘Inside Out’ regions will cover mental health issues with their own individual films as part of the season. Covering a range of subjects, including how vulnerable teenagers suffering from mental health problems are falling through the cracks between childhood and adulthood mental health services; investigating how A&E has become the new front line in dealing with people in mental health crisis; suicide rates, mental health support for transgender people; carers looking after family members in poor mental health; police and mental health services.

The Not So Secret Life Of The Manic Depressive: 10 Years On - BBC One, Monday 15 February, 9pm

Ten years ago, in an award-winning series, Stephen Fry first spoke about living with manic depression, and began a national conversation about mental health. A decade later, we return to the subject to understand where he and thousands of others diagnosed with bipolar (as it is now called) are now - as a society, do we need to do more for those with the illness? Is the treatment better? Has the stigma reduced?

My Baby, Psychosis Ane Me - BBC One, Tuesday 16 February at 10.45pm

reveals the frightening roller-coaster journey of two mums for whom childbirth triggers ‘Postpartum Psychosis’, one of the most severe forms of mental illness but from which there can be recovery with the right treatment.

Life After Suicide at 10.45pm on BBC One, Wednesday 17 February

Eleven years ago, Angela Samata was an ordinary mother of two living in Birkenhead. Then her partner Mark took his own life. In this film, Angela goes on a journey around Britain to meet others who've suffered a similar loss and explores why, when suicide is the biggest killer of men under 50 in the UK, we are still so afraid of talking about it.

Professor Green: Suicide And Me will be repeated at 11.45pm on BBC One, Thursday 18 February

Male suicide has been called a silent epidemic, with the latest UK figures revealing that suicide accounts for nearly 5,000 male deaths a year, around four times that of suicide in women. In this thought-provoking documentary, UK rapper Professor Green takes an intensely personal journey to uncover the truth behind the suicide of his father - and why suicide is the biggest killer of men under 50 in Britain.

In addition, there will be further mental health stories and items across a range of BBC programming, including: BBC Breakfast, Victoria Derbyshire, Newsbeat and BBC Radio 5 live. BBC online news will have a special report page dedicated to mental health.

Last edited by Katiee : 18-02-2016 at 05:39 AM.

<3.

Katiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 11:49 AM   #2
Fire Fly
Feel free to be yourself

I am currently:

Thanks for sharing this. I wasn't aware of it

Ballerina123 - My lovely superstar

Call me R -

The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time - Abraham Lincoln

Fire Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 12:10 PM   #3
Arienette

I am currently:

As above. I wasn't aware of this as I don't really watch TV but will be watching this. Xx

Staring at white washed walls

Arienette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 12:11 PM   #4
Ballerina123
XXX

I am currently:

Thanks for this

The average,
well-adjusted adult
gets up at 7.30am feeling just plain terrible.

Call me Kate.

I have dyslexia so please excuse my poor spelling and sometimes poor understanding.

Ballerina123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 09:56 PM   #5
yoyogirl

I am currently:

OMg finally more coverage for mental health and a positive light to it i hope. No more believing its for lazy slobs, that choose to lay in bed all the time. Or people believing its for people that can't hack the real world/use it as life excuse. Personally anyone who chooses to be lazy/lay in bed no nothing and doss should never ever diagnosed with mental health problems.

Have you ever confused a dream with life? Or stolen something when you have the cash? Have you ever been blue? Or thought your train moving while sitting still? Maybe I was just crazy. Maybe it was the 60's. Or maybe I was just a girl... interrupted.
I know what it's like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in but you can't. How you hurt yourself on the outside to try to kill the thing on the inside. I tried groups, didn't work out just made my depression a lot worse.

yoyogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 04:47 AM   #6
Isoverity

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiee View Post
Mental health is fast becoming one of the great issues of our time with growing numbers of people in the UK seeking help.
The problem is "mental health" experts have been massive failures. They made people worse over the years. With all the people trained in psychology etc there should be less problems and not more. There are many more because people have been reduced to mere chemicals.

Psychology area has become tainted with money, politics, wannbe rock star egomanics etc

Study delivers bleak verdict on validity of psychology experiment results

Of 100 studies published in top-ranking journals in 2008, 75% of social psychology experiments and half of cognitive studies failed the replication test

https://www.theguardian.com/science/...riment-results

"Not all those who wander are lost" Tolkien

Isoverity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 07:39 PM   #7
Buttons.
Never knowing...a helping hand or hell to pay?

I am currently:

Thanks for letting us know, will definitely be watching.

'Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.'

['There is only one thing we say to death. Not today'.']

'We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell.’ – Oscar Wilde
‘It’s hard to dance with the devil on your back.’ Sydney Carter

Buttons. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 10:43 PM   #8
Field Of Paper Flowers
Random Hero

Thank you for sharing this! I wasn't aware of a new series coming out, and I can't wait to watch them now. ^_^

Field Of Paper Flowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 04:41 PM   #9
not_so_insig
It's Bouquet! B-U-C-K-E-T!

I am currently:

Just a note for those of us in Wales The Not So Secret Life of a Manic Depressive is on bbc 2 on the 15th.

Wannabe CPN : -)
"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life." - Homer Simpson
"I hear those voices that will not be drowned"
Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic
RIP Kat 4th July 1987- 11th June 2013

not_so_insig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 09:45 AM   #10
sherlock holmes
do you like my potato?

Particularly looking forward to the Stephen Fry documentary following on from the one he did years ago!

And Jack, you've kind of merged two issues. Cognitive psychological studies failing to be replicated isn't directly related to the area of psychiatry not always helping patients. Psychology is a huge area and its studies and experiments cover a lot of topics, and psychiatry is one sub-set/overlap.

And also you've made quite a big sweeping statement- where's the evidence for there being more problems now than before? And also, if that is true, a lot of it can be attributed to a reduction in stigma and an increase in awareness meaning more people are likely to seek help for mental illness than before which artificially inflates the numbers.

A lot of people I know personally have had their lives transformed by the mental health services and have made great steps in recovery. I think it's damaging to say that ALL mental health professionals make people worse and reduce them to chemicals. That isn't true.

Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back, everything is different…

you once called your brain a hard drive, well say hello to the virus.

sherlock holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2016, 05:34 AM   #11
Katiee
It's full of lonely.

I am currently:

*Bump*

<3.

Katiee is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)