Old 24-08-2019, 03:09 PM   #181
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

I'm trying to

I do find swimming helpful
I manage to switch off a bit and just enjoy being in the water
Plus the whole exercise releases endorphins thing

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Cacoethes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2019, 05:57 PM   #182
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

It does sound like a really good thing for you. I hope you can continue with it and feel the benefits again.

I put it down on paper and then the ghost does not ache so much.

Don't try to calm the storm, calm yourself, the storm will pass.

You didn't come this far just to come this far.

one_step_closer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2019, 06:29 PM   #183
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

Thanks
I hope so too

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 24-08-2019, 06:51 PM   #184
Auror.
Camden

So medical grade microchips are a technology that is in the process of creation, but it's not a working technology yet. There hasn't been a way to make a microchip safe to be implanted in the human body. You can't just take any silicon chip and put it in a human. That's not something a body can tolerate safely.

Also to put something in your neck, as said, that's a very dangerous medical procedure. There's no way someone like a hair stylist could do that to you while you were awake. You'd need actual surgery and trained medical professionals for that.

Further, there's no ethical way at this stage that something like that could be done to you. As far as I'm aware that technology still hasn't even hit the animal testing stage yet.

I know the thoughts and feelings are likely not fun to sit with or try to challenge, but what you are describing just is legitimately not possible based on the current limits of science or medicine. Your feelings are absolutely valid though.

Please let me know if this is upsetting and I will delete it. I'm glad you are getting back in to swimming!!

Please do not give me virtual hugs unless you are only using the hug function on threads. Thanks.

You can't always keep it separate.
This is happening, this is part of you.

Auror. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2019, 07:16 PM   #185
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

Thank you for explaining that Camden
It is quite reassuring

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 24-08-2019, 09:52 PM   #186
Auror.
Camden

Okay good. I was a bit concerned it might upset you. I know when I am concerned about things, my therapist tries to tell me to test the thoughts using the scientific method and looking for evidence. I find it helpful, and that is basically what I was trying to do with the thoughts you had. Even if you aren't familiar with the scientific method, trying to evaluate your concerns using facts and logic is basically the same idea. I know it can be harder to do when it's your own head telling you things are true, but that's the general idea at least.

My therapist also says that we often look for connections and things that fit with what we are trying to prove while ignoring the things that do not fit. So for example there might be ten different ideas that have a scientific basis that would not support the idea of a microchip in your neck, but instead of focusing on those ten ideas, you instead choose to focus on the fact that you felt an unpleasant sensation on the back of your neck (I sort of paraphrased but it's an example), thus proving the microchip's existence true. So that's why it's really important to try to look at the broader picture and not just try to confirm what you believe true but also try to disprove it too.

Then when you have evidence for both sides, you can evaluate things with less bias. I hope that makes some sense. Also sometimes if I am feeling stuck because I tend to apply things differently to myself than others, I try to imagine the thing happening either in theory, or think about how I would react if someone I cared about told me that it was true, what evidence I might look for then. Sometimes at least for me it is easier to apply ideas to concepts when it isn't about yourself because there's less anxiety or pressure.

Have you done anything nice this weekend?

Please do not give me virtual hugs unless you are only using the hug function on threads. Thanks.

Old 25-08-2019, 11:45 AM   #187
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

That does make sense
Thank you

I've not done much
Went swimming yesterday and had a lie in today

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 25-08-2019, 12:59 PM   #188
Auror.
Camden

Both those things sound pretty nice to me. Doing nothing and resting is definitely something, and just as important when it comes to taking care of yourself as actively doing things.

Old 25-08-2019, 01:08 PM   #189
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

Yes you're right
Trying to do some self care things

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 11-09-2019, 02:45 PM   #190
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

Sorry to bump this old thread but I saw my CC today and she said psych is considering hospital for me if things don't get better and that I am unwell.
I am extremely pissed off because its not like I've done anything dangerous!
Now I don't want to be honest with her but she'll know if I'm not.
I am concerned

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 11-09-2019, 03:01 PM   #191
EyelinerAndCigarettes

I am currently:

Don't ever worry about bumping threads!
I'm sorry you're feeling so pissed off but sometimes we're unwell and we don't do dangerous things but we still need treatment, if that makes sense. Did she explain the doctor's concerns to you? I think it's always best to be honest as much as you can <3

EyelinerAndCigarettes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 03:33 PM   #192
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

Thanks for replying
It makes sense but I don't see myself as unwell
She didn't explain much really
Just that it's possible I could be admitted
I have been being honest but that doesn't seem to be getting me anywhere, just a potential hospital admission.
I really really don't want to go back to hospital

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 11-09-2019, 03:37 PM   #193
EyelinerAndCigarettes

I am currently:

It's understandable you don't want to go to hospital, hospitals aren't the nicest of places.

The thing about being unwell is often we can't see we're unwell, it's really horrible but sadly that's how it is sometimes. Next time you see her do you think it would be helpful for you if you were to find out some of their concerns?

EyelinerAndCigarettes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 04:00 PM   #194
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

I think it would be helpful to find out their concerns
I should have asked really.

Apparently the doctor has written me up for more anti psychotics and CC is going to drop off the prescription later.
Waiting for my clozapine levels to come through so he can increase that too
I don't want all these meds

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 11-09-2019, 04:07 PM   #195
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

Meds aren't ideal, I know, but hopefully the meds would help prevent you from having to go into hospital. I'm sorry you're going through this and I hope you and your treatment team can work out something that makes you all feel ok. Please ask your CC any questions you have, that's what she's there for.

Old 11-09-2019, 04:19 PM   #196
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

I know I need to take them to stay out of hospital.
It's just such a pain. I hate the side effects and I hate that I have to take them just to function.
I have been getting OD thoughts again but apparently if I OD then I will definitely be admitted.
I feel so stuck

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 11-09-2019, 04:20 PM   #197
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

I know, it can be a huge pain. It doesn't mean that you'll always be on so much meds though. Please try hard not to OD, it wouldn't solve anything. What would unstuck look like to you?

Old 11-09-2019, 04:35 PM   #198
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

I just want to be left alone really.
There are sooo many people who want and need the support that I'm getting and it's not fair on them. I don't need this much support.
I'm not sure what unstuck would look like.
Not backed into a corner I suppose

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 11-09-2019, 09:59 PM   #199
Auror.
Camden

Is it possible that while there's plenty of people who need the support, you also deserve support too, even if you don't see yourself as unwell? Struggling, coping, unwell, or well, everyone deserves to have support.

I hope you can speak to someone to find out what their concerns are and what steps you can take to avoid hospital. I know it's hard when presented with such limited options and neither are ideal. I guess sometimes it's going with the lesser of two evils of whichever option sucks less. Maybe also when you speak to someone you can ask if there are other options worth exploring? Didn't you do a day program at some point? Or staying with your mum and Jasmine for a few days? I dunno. Maybe there are other options that exist, your providers just haven't thought through them yet.

Old 12-09-2019, 02:58 PM   #200
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

I suppose so.
I just think that the resources could be used for someone who is actually in need

I'm starting a support group on the 27th so maybe that will be a good step

I'm seeing my CC again on Wednesday so I'll ask here more details then

Who else is fine?!?!?

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)