RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 22-07-2013, 05:19 AM   #1
Valencia12
A life consumed with kittens, sauger, and candy.

I am currently:
What do I do?

Hey people.. My name is Missy, and I need some advice. Ok, so I best be telling you what is currently happening before I get off topic... Haha...
Ok.
Vanguard. Sounds like a prison, yes? Its actually a charter school. Apparently the best school in Colorado. I went there from kindergarten to 3rd grade. Cool, right? Wrong. Oh, so very wrong. I'd have to say it was the worst four years of my (So far, horrible) life. So I hated it there, hated the teachers, and HATED school. Got bad grades, and was a trouble maker.
Fast forward, switched schools. (Que Hallelujah Chorus here)
Forth grade was AWESOME! Fitch grade was AWESOMER! And then 6th grade happened. There were ups and downs, but over all good. Made new awesome friends, got a couple crushes, and took Spanish. By this point I was a straight A student, and actually got to like school. It was awesome! Until...
My parents decided that I needed to go back to Vanguard. What the heck, mom! What the heck!?! Why, you might ask? I have no idea.
Anyways, since the news broke out that I have to go back to prison, I have nearly lost 3 of my best friends. To make it worse, my Mom is forcing me to participate in a sport. If you don't know, I hate sports. All of them. Hate each and every one of 'em.
I have let them know multiple times that I'm not very excited about my return. They have said these responses in the past week:
You'll love it once you start!
Don't worry! It'll be good for you!
Have a good outlook and you'll do better.
I want to ruin your life and make you miserable. Deal with it.
Ok, ok. Maybe the last one isn't so true, but that's what I'm hearing.... Anyways, this is where you strangers come in. What the heck do I do? I only have two weeks of summer left, and I can't seem to change my parents mind... Help!?!? I want to spend five years in happiness!

Thanks!
~V~

Valencia12 is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 22-07-2013, 02:40 PM   #2
~AngelofLove~

I am currently:

Ugh! That really sucks! Well maybe you will meet some new friends and you might have a better time (okay, so I sound like your parents sorry!)

*hugs* Maybe if you are miserable again your parents will see that! I wish I had more advice for you!

Member of SquishySquad

~AngelofLove~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2013, 03:21 PM   #3
Valencia12
A life consumed with kittens, sauger, and candy.

I am currently:

I don't think that will work... They will just say something like, Deal with it. Its not that bad!
I just need a friend to do this with... I know it sounds stupid, but my kitty died recently, and she was my only true friend.. I felt like she understood me. Like, if. I had a bad day or something, she would crawl onto my lap, start purring and give me a reassuring lick on the tip of my nose... You may think I'm officially crazy now.

Thanks!
~V~

Valencia12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2013, 05:40 PM   #4
Hiding Amaranth
Outsider looking in

I am currently:

I don't think you're crazy at all. My two cats are my best friends. They understand me more than any human I know. I'm sorry you lost her. Have your parents considered getting another cat/pet? Obviously, nothing will replace the kitty that you lost, but maybe having a furry companion again can help you relieve some of the stress you're having.

As for school, I can see that nothing will change your parents' minds, so you're going to have to go there whether you want to or not. However, it is possible that things have changed in the years since you've been there. If you were able to make awesome friends in your current school, it's possible to make friends in the school you're going back to.

If you go there and it proves to be just as miserable as the first time you went there, talk to your parents about it. If they tell you to suck it up and deal with it, then maybe you can talk to a guidance counselor or similar person at your school about what you can do to make your school life better.

Either way, I hope things work out for you!

~Hiding Amaranth

"Just because you know my name
Doesn't mean you know my game
"
~Marina & The Diamonds - "The Outsider"

Hiding Amaranth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2013, 07:03 PM   #5
The One Who

I am currently:

Your parents are probably trying to think of what is best for the future. A good school and some extracurriculars never hurt on application forms.

It may be that the school, and the people, have changed a lot since you were last there. If you go in with a negative attitude then you'll never see any positives. Give it a chance. You could perhaps try to come to some arrangement with your parents, regarding grades/achievement, or by properly giving it a go for a year and then re-assessing things.

For the sport, well, I'm pretty sure you haven't tried every sport there is. So it may be that there is one you'd enjoy. It might not be the most mainstream, but I'm sure there'd be something for you.

The One Who is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)