RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 07-06-2007, 06:51 PM   #1
Tearjerker
TheCurseOfMe

I am currently:
Triggering (SI) - I want it to stop..

Ok, hey again I already have one post but while chat isn't up I don't really have anyone to talk to. I really want to cut and when I think of grabbing my blade, I read/look at things to trigger myself more - Am I the only one who does this? Perhaps because I know I can't really cut and My boyfriend will know etc it makes me want to do it more? But now I'm just thinking if I can't do it on my arms, why not my legs? I don't get why I trigger myself more, Usually I am so good at coping with the urges. Just all these problems at the moment I need to get out & I can only think of one way...I know if I do everyone will be so disappointed in me. I am such a failure I can't even manage to get up and go to work. I just need that release to feel better, To make it all better

Yeh so I guess I just need some advice because I need to relate to people but not be triggered, Any advice appreciated.
Formely Gothicshadow & GrimReaper x

In no way do I encourage self harm, I wish I didn't begin this vicious cycle in the first place.

I’ve faced myself,
To cross out what I’ve become.
Erased myself,
And let go of what I’ve done.
I'm forgiving what I've done.

Last cut - 27/7/07

Tearjerker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 07:17 PM   #2
EyelinerAndCigarettes

I am currently:

heya babe
i cant say much right now, im sorry
try the distractions forum?
good luck babe xxxx
helen

EyelinerAndCigarettes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 07:18 PM   #3
Everlong

I am currently:

I dont think your the only person who when they want to cut try to trigger themselves. Cutting provides a release, so in wanting to trigger yourself, presumably you want to get that release faster. I'm sure theres some chemical that releases into the brain when self harmers are triggered as well, making it sort of addictive, giving you the urge to trigger yourself more.

I dont know if you've tried this, but playing sport, or going to the gym is a great way to forget the need to cut. That and by the end of it, you'll be so tired all you'll want to do is sleep haha. Perhaps goign to the gym or starting a sport may help you to meet new people and give you abit more courage to get out and do things.

Good luck with whatever you try to do :)

Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 07:30 PM   #4
broken_up_inside
If You're Up There, Save Me Superman

I am currently:

Not so good on advice at the mo but if you need anybody to talk/let of steam to im only a PM away. Scream, shout, write things down then screw it up and throw it away, put on really loud music and dance round your room like a loonie

Stay strong xxx

broken_up_inside is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)