RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 16-01-2020, 07:43 PM   #1
Shirayuki
No one deserves to be forgotten

I am currently:
a story i've been writing for wattpad *maybe triggering*

but i'm worried no one'll like even the first chapter...

this is just a draft but...

Savannah ran through the hallway with her head down to her locker, wondering why nothing had been chucked at her, no one had beaten her up or tripped her in the hallway, but not wanting to jinx her luck. She almost made it to her locker before being tripped by Derrick, “thought we’d forgotten about you, eh?”
“N-no” I whimpered out of fear, I wasn’t actually scared but it was better to pretend I was or I got beaten up worse.
“Did you do my homework, nerd?” he spat.
From all around the hatefull words that now covered my thighs and hips were heard “fat, ugly, loser, piece of ****, *****, BS...” along with many others.
Carmella, ever the helpful girl friend came around and took my book bag and took out my homework only to replace it with his, then after punching me in the eye, he went to class with Carmella draped on his arm. After a while, I got up, went to the bathroom to wash my face and cover the black eye with some make up, I don’t usually wear any but when life brings Derrick and Carmella along with every one else, you can’t do anything. I walked to class, better to be late then not be there at all. “Why are you late ms.Brunelle?” I heard as soon as I walked into class.
“I- I had a doctors appointment” I lied.
“Well, who let you in? If you’d gone through the office like you were supposed to, you would have had a late slip,” Mr.Peters, my science teacher explained the logic of being late after a doctors appointment to me.
Having already thought of that problem and having found a solution I smiled and held out a slip of paper, my “office pass”. I’d found an old discarded one on the floor and had taken a pen in the bathroom after covering the black eye, and had whitened out the name and time on it to match a new, not so true one.

We'll make it together, one small step at a time

Shirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2020, 03:14 PM   #2
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

I'm sure a young adult audience would like your writing. Do you enjoy writing? Is this story based partly on personal experience?

I put it down on paper and then the ghost does not ache so much.

Don't try to calm the storm, calm yourself, the storm will pass.

You didn't come this far just to come this far.

one_step_closer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2020, 03:46 PM   #3
Shirayuki

I am currently:

thanks, yeah its based off of my 8th and 7th grade year with a tad amount of my 6th grade year...

Old 22-01-2020, 09:24 PM   #4
Shirayuki

I am currently:

next chapter-

After my first five classes I went to the library, better to spend lunch there rather than to have to go to the nurse because I was drenched in either rotten food or rotten milk like last time thanks to Carmella. The librarian, Mrs.Cowels who knew nothing about the fact that I was running from everyone but rather thought that I liked the quiet solitude of the library, better let her believe her own lie rather than have to explain to her why I was running from both lunch, and people. Lost in a book, I didn’t hear the warning that was the door opening and closing or the laughs and hushed whispers before my book was snatched out of my hand. “Hey loser, what’re you doing here?” Isabella, the cheerleader captain sneered.
“Reading.” I replied matter of factly, just as I finished saying that, she tore the cover from the book, chucked the pages on the floor and drenched them in water from her water bottle. I suddenly heard tons of books fall and looked up to see a side of Mrs.Cowels I’d never seen before. She was mad, hecc thats an understatement, seething she came over and stood in front of Isabella, no matter the fact that she was short. She was still terrifying, I saw Isabella at first slightly shrink back but then after seeing her friends around her she straightened up and tried to glare back at Mrs.Cowels without letting the fear in her eyes show.
“Never. Have I ever seen someone show THIS much disrespect she seethed, “that was one of the Mrs.Simons favorites so you can just strut back to your hole, think of an excuse, and then go to her office and try to give her a credible reason for you tearing and drenching one of her favorites.” she finished.
Then Isabella spun on her heel and sashayed out, her two goons not far behind, for me, this was the last straw because of all that had happened today I broke down, “I-I’m sorry, i-its all my fault…” I cried out after I heard the door close.
She turned around and said rather forcefully, “No, its bad enough without you saying that its your fault”.
“B-but” I tried to argue.
“NO, it is NOT your fault. Understood?” she retaliated.
“K-k” I sniffled out.
“Good, now help me shelf all of these.” she said in an “end of the argument” way. I nodded and we spent the rest of the period sorting through and shelving books in silence.

i don't like this one much but i don't know

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)