RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-07-2007, 11:09 PM   #1
Splendiferous_Me

I am currently:
Message from a survivor

So I have been through alot in the last 3 years. Not only has it been those 3 years but my whole life I have been through many things that are unforanite and make me who I am today. I have learned to deal with things that most adults will never learn to deal with, and I know how to pull yourself out of any hole you are in. I love life and I want so badly to help others love it to, because I have been through so much I know how to help others better. Im starting to get frustrated though with supporting and helping others and giving them what they need to help themself and stop Self-harming and then 10 mins later having them bitch that they have tried every thing and cant fight the urge to selfharm. I definatly know that stopping selfharm is a very hard thing to do, but as I have told many people its is alot easier than it seems. That doesnt mean its easy though. I feel bad that I get frustrated and irritated by helping people that seem they arent trying to get better, that they just want me to pat them on the back and tell them they are doing everything they can and its not there fault. Well Im sorry but Im here to help someone, and that isnt going to help anyone if it isnt true. I dont think Im the only one that feels like this and I dont know what to tell everyone who is pulling themselfs down but life is what you make it.. So if you want to get better you can, and you can do it today. And if you seem to fail, know this.. Failure isnt in the falling down, its in the STAYING down. So you make the choice to stay down or not? Get help or not and if you want there are people, including myself that will support you in it. No one can help you though, you need to help yourself. Its the only way you can get better. So if you keep your head down and feel bad for yourself you arent going anywhere, and you may never get help. I promise you that everything that you have been through and dealt with in life can make you and will make you a stronger person if thats what you choose to do with it...

Splendiferous_Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 02:55 PM   #2
Merc

i can (somewhat) understand how you are feeling...i think...
but i have a question for you

In your worst period./day/whatever, if someone said these words to you...how would you respond if you werent ready to get help? If you werent ready to admit you needed help? Or even that soemthing was wrong?

While i can maybe understand the frustration pls realize that everyone is not alike. Its wonderful you wan to support ppl and help them....but youcant get fruastrated because they dont immediately take your words to heart and do an about-face...
NOT having a go...just wanting youto see another side of it.
I DO agree that all the help in the world will do nothing till the person accepts it and works hard, you are right in that.
But...some ppl arent able to do that just yet...

romp

Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 06:25 PM   #3
craola
Clouds In My Coffee.

I am currently:

Hi :)

That was well written post, congratulations on over coming your difficult times, that is really something to be proud of :)
Your offer of support is recieved with welcome, this site is always looking for people who have overcome their difficulties and come out the other side wanting to help. Positivity is something there can never be too much of and im so pleased you're willing to share and spread yours :)

Unfortunatly things are different for everyone, some people are not easily helped and offered support seems to be unappreciated. I know what you mean and it can be frustrating when you give advice and its ignored.
The thing you have to try to understand though, is that on some days, some people have no hope and no matter what you say there is no way they can do anything about it, so you have to do the best you can and just offer 'hugs' or even just say 'I read this, I care'.
Some people, no matter how hard they just cannot get up after falling, encouragement is all you can give, no matter how frustrating it is. I hope this doesnt sound patronising, I honestly dont mean it to.

I hope you're ok,
take care
Aimee xx

craola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 09:05 PM   #4
Mrs Sam
Nothing Special

I am currently:

its good to have some positive thoughts in here sometimes.

nice to hear of some people getting back on their feet too.

sam

xxx

Something Special.

Mrs Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 01:41 AM   #5
Splendiferous_Me

I am currently:

I understand that people may not just jump off on their feet right away. But what im frustrated about is that sometimes I feel like its the same people that ask for help and they never seem to be trying anything they are told. I can help people who are down, I love to it. Its hard sometimes to continue to support someone who doesnt seem to be trying. But I was just ranting and I do wish to help anyone who wants it.

Splendiferous_Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 01:48 AM   #6
Superficial
Jess

I am currently:

I like it when you see somebody recover, Even if its just ONE person; It makes you smile and think.. If RYL wasnt here.. That person would still be suffering and not have many people to relate to :)

This hungry Feeling from the pit of my stomach. Makes me feel in control.

I will recover one day...

Superficial is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)