RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 22-06-2007, 12:49 AM   #21
infelix
Maybe to want is enough.

I am currently:

i didn't tell my parents that i si...well it's a bit of a tiresome story which i won't go into, but they screamed, shouted, cried ect, which made me feel worse than i did before.
i have to be reaaaally careful now, as they think i'm recovered..:s
my dad did say ''if you ever feel the need to talk, i'm here for you''...and i tried, i really did...but he was always like ''you're just a teenager, angst, just get over your pathetic little ritual ect.''...so...i guess my dad's just a wanker really.>.<

hope it goes well+such :)
xx

infelix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2007, 08:51 AM   #22
gothy.mommy
Innocent Mistakes

I am currently:

I told my mom over an email. Unfourtantly, she read the email that same night and came into my room crying asking what was going on. She thought I had stopped after 2 years when my middle school counseler called and told her, so she was pretty shocked when she found out I was still SI'ing.
Every now and then I hurt myself out of panic in places she can see, but she just kind of lectures me and leaves me alone about it now. It's easier though and I'm glad I told her because now I don't have to hide the scars on my arms.

~?¿~Jennifer~¿?~
2 months SI free

gothy.mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2007, 05:29 AM   #23
Rachta(s)AINT

I am currently:

I never told her myself. I had showed a friend in gym class who I thought I could trust, she then told one of my best friends who told a teacher, who told the school police officer who told the guidance counseler, who pulled in all my friends to see if they had cut too. The guidance counseler just kept on telling me: "We're saving you from yourself, you'll thank us, we're saving you!". Honestly, it got MUCH worse, I cut deeper, and longer. Not only that but the entire time they were talking to me, they had a mixed look of digust and hate and just looked like I killed someone. I kind of dislike those people now.

You sit there in your heartache, waiting for some beautiful boy to, to save you from your old ways~ The Killers.

When Life Gives you Lemon, make lemonade, But when Life isn't Looking, Pour Lemonade of life's head and run like hell.

For all the wounds for that are never gonna scar me, for all the ghosts that are never gonna catch me~MCR

Rachta(s)AINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2007, 12:27 PM   #24
Zeitgeist

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachta(s)AINT View Post
I never told her myself. I had showed a friend in gym class who I thought I could trust, she then told one of my best friends who told a teacher, who told the school police officer who told the guidance counseler, who pulled in all my friends to see if they had cut too. The guidance counseler just kept on telling me: "We're saving you from yourself, you'll thank us, we're saving you!". Honestly, it got MUCH worse, I cut deeper, and longer. Not only that but the entire time they were talking to me, they had a mixed look of digust and hate and just looked like I killed someone. I kind of dislike those people now.
Oh dear, that sounds like fun :/ *hugs* I hate it when people don't respect my wishes. I never really told a friend. She saw in gym class and confronted me about it, I told her I didn't want her help and to please keep it to herself. A week later everyone knew - and I only found out because another friend sat me down and confessed that the girl had been telling everyone about it. Apart from this friend, no one had the guts to even talk to me. Of course I was furious and felt so humiliated (and needless to say, don't have contact with many people from that time anymore), but it was alright in the long run. I figured since everyone knew anyway I might as well stop hiding it. So by now I wear whatever I like, and when people don't accept that I'm cutting, they can just f*ck off :)

Zeitgeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2007, 09:29 AM   #25
Eir
ignoring the cacophony

I am currently:

i told my mum through a letter... which i read to her. it was easier. shes been really supportive. my dad's really still in denial. its been 4 years since ive told them and things have improved with them. they dont treat me like glass like they used to when i first told them. they treat me normally, but if i say, mum can you mind my meds tonight, she understands and keeps an eye on me.
it can be really helpful. but it also can go the other way. you need to put your fear aside and look at your parents and see how they might react. i thought mine would be terribly dissappointed in me, but they werent. that was the fear talking.
anyways you never know till you try. good luck with it

Eir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2007, 10:07 AM   #26
meganf
*megan*

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candycoatedwaterdrops View Post
My parents found out about my si because my school counselors found out, he then called my parents and told them. after witch he kicked me out of school because i had my blade with me.

My parents are better off not knowing but now its too late.

I say, if you think they should know then tell them. If you cant just tell them send them an e-mail/letter or a note.

*hugs* what ever happens I'm sure is for the best. :)
same here.
i was meeting a mate after school and my parents wanted to know what was goin on so i sort of shouted it at them and still to this day they don't understand about it. it really irritats me and b4 that it used to eat me up inside becuase of how hard it would b if and when they found out

everyone has been put here for a reason
so why dose someone keep our
minds thnkin like thing
keep it up guys
we can all do this as one big family

meganf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2007, 04:22 PM   #27
magickit
-hold still-

I am currently:

thats like me, i hide it and dont want anyone to know. it wud make things so much harder. x

*-*be my everything and i will be your anything*-*

magickit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 04:05 AM   #28
Shadowedcorner
leave me alone!!

I am currently:

I think that Red Sky is right. Parents just want to protect us from whatever's out in the world and I'm not denying it. It can be a pretty scary place. Some of them feel like its their fault; they blame themselves and believe that if they try harder as a parent, the problem will go away. Although you fear your mother's reaction, telling her could be one of the best things you've ever done. You don't know what will happen, but it doesn't automatically mean the response will be negative. Its tough, yes, but there are other ways to go about it. Maybe instead of telling her, you could just ask her for a little support. Try doing more things with her. Forging a stronger bond with her would be very beneficial, and it will definitely make things easier for you in the future if you do tell her.

Why can't you just
??

all-hope.lost-forever is my tasty jelly bean!
oderint_dum_metuant is my BEAUTIFULANGEL. NoSanity is my FlOaTiNg BuBble.
d.rocky is my Mr.Bor :p

Shadowedcorner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 10:26 AM   #29
y a s m i n
looking for somewher to stay

I am currently:

hey
my parents found out because they accidentaly saw some scars....but i think if they hadnt seen them i would have told them eventually...but once they saw then..at first they were upset etc but after a while they were very supportive and offered me any kind of help i needed and even thought its hard for them to understand, just knowing that this wasnt a secret anymore, and feeling like i had support from my family really helped me..
take care
yasmin xxx

x

y a s m i n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 10:39 AM   #30
ironholly
[I'm never real; its just a sketch of me.]

I am currently:

My mum found out accerdently
Casue i cauht doing it atschool by my techer, she just huged me and wouldnt let go. She told the child protection officer, who then in turn told me mother. She blamed her self at first but i told her it wasnt i then i promsed not to do it again.
Year later childprotection oficer rang up again casue i let slip to my coluceler, she told again, this time she thretend me saiy i will tell people and stick you in hospital.
2 years later same hapernd again i lied saying that i havnt in a while shes said okay just dont start.
stupid councler i dont trust her i got put in there 5 times ¬¬ she blabed 4 of them.

Heaven's not a place that you go when you die
It's that moment in life when you actually feel alive
So live for the moment

ironholly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 08:42 PM   #31
rach[saltsweatsugar]

I am currently:

i dont mind lying to my mam. it sounds horrible but im good at it.
she saw cuts on my leg once and i was just like
'ohh we were hedge jumping' and made it into a joke
she said 'that doesnt look like scratches off a hedge'
then i just said 'its really itchy haha'
and that was that.
when im in the pool i wear shorts and t shirts to hide the ones on my stomach chest and thinghs and she doesnt think anything of it because she knows im so body-conscious
sometimes i wich she knew i did it, because she thinks everything is fine when it isnt
i know she'd be supportive
but it would break her heart
and for that reason she cant find out
it would break her heart

rach[saltsweatsugar] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 01:38 PM   #32
Shadow Z
eh

I am currently:

My mom was once yelling at me, and in the middle of it, she asked if I was cutting, in a very angry and accusing way, and I denied it. She even equated it to suicide, which showed obvious misunderstanding. At the end I had thought up an excuse and I think she believed it.

So I cheated the odds and got to see her immediate reaction without letting her actually know haha. But even if I knew she would be nice and supporting about it I wouldn't tell her, or my dad, I'm not comfortable with emotion or closeness with them.

I have to say, telling people usually makes it worse :/ but keeping it a secret doesn't help much either...

Last edited by Shadow Z : 06-07-2007 at 01:40 PM. Reason: tpyos
Shadow Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 11:57 PM   #33
-Gillian-

I am currently:

In my case my mum found out through the school, which didn't help at all. We talked a little bit and she cryed a lot. However for me it didn't help at all, it only forced me to cover my self injury up even more so than before.

Although I do know people whos parents were really really helpful when they found out. xx

-Gillian- is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)