RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 05-08-2012, 07:11 PM   #1
RandomGirlLuv

I'm Cutting Just because??

Trigger for graphic description of where I SI and SI details.

Ive been cutting since 2003. Since I was about 12 or 13 years old....(im 21 now)
Something happened this morning..that I cant fully remember..
but it caused me a lot of pain because I realized I was crying and I had towels around my arm.

I usually cut the inside of my upper arm..by inside I mean, the part that isnt faceing out but "in" if you get what I mean. (its easiest to hide).

A few days ago I apparently, I say apprently because I dont remember the first time I tried this, I started cutting near the wrist area, and realized Im starting to get tired of cutting the inside of elbow and the inside of my lower arm, near my wrist feels better...

after my cutting this morning, Ive felt an urge to cut in that spot again, this time, not because I am in emotional distress, but because it just feels good, and I feel like I need to feel it, and my usual spot is so butchered....that I cant even feel the pain there anymore.

Anybody get what I mean?

Last edited by random.swirls : 12-08-2012 at 12:29 AM. Reason: removing trigger labels due to guidelines please see thread in FACQ
RandomGirlLuv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 12:04 AM   #2
Lost But Never Found 15
Charlie(:

I am currently:

I completely get what you mean! I've always cut myself on my wrist and only recently done it on the top of my thigh, but when I can, I will do it on my wrist because I like how it feels... I only do it on my thigh when I know I'll be having to wear short sleeves and I hate my legs so keep those covered...

You're deffo not alone on this one, I'm sure many RYLers have been where you are... You really have gotta be extra careful when cutting your wrist because of really important veins that arent too far below your skin.. SO BE CAREFUL PLEASE!:)

Just yesterday I cut just to feel what it felt like again (cause I hadnt done it in a year) which sucks cause I probably would have gotten better if my little voices had stayed away!:p
You really aren't alone sweets!:)

Someone once asked me, 'Why do you always insist on taking the hard road?' I replied, 'Why do you assume I see two roads?'
Take it from someone who's fallen... it's a long way down.

Lost But Never Found 15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:57 PM   #3
RandomGirlLuv

Thanks for this, I feel less alone :)

RandomGirlLuv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:05 PM   #4
TrixiePix
Terri

I am currently:

I know what you mean about it not feeling quite as satisfying in the same old place, my arms are that scared and tattered I feel like I need to find somewhere else to do it because the new instantly fades into the old. In kind of a pre-emptive move I have tattoos on my wrists to stop the temptation of cutting there. So far its been working.

'We may not have it all together, but together we have it all'

TrixiePix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:03 AM   #5
Meganrose

I understand what you mean, I've changed places where I cut a few times, and certain places no longer seem satisfying - it's normally after stitches, it puts me off the area. Plus of course, scars can cause numbness, which scares me abit.
I tend to go through phases of cutting, a couple of weeks, then I feel satisfied for the time being. During that phase I will cut even when I feel fine, I just do it partly through what I consider 'relapsed-habit' (that sounds so pretentious haha) I get so used to that helping when I feel bad, that even when I'm fine I will take comfort in just doing it 'because'. It's only recently I've carried on past when I feel bad.

Meganrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:52 PM   #6
marieqoza
Marie

I am currently:

I understand you, too.
For me cutting is the most satisfying when done on the inside of my left lower arm. But it's pretty crowded now, and I just don't get as deep as I want.
On the part right above my left ancle I can cut deeper, but it doesn't feel as good as a cut [of the same depht] on my arm.
So yeah, I get what you mean.
The good thing about that is, that - at least during summer when I'm wearing shorter trousers and due to that can't switch to said ancle - I'm sometimes forced to take a break simply because I'm running out of space.

Marie
rebellion / rebelliousness | she who raises | bitter | sea of bitterness / sorrow | lady / mistress of the sea | star of the sea | dew of the sea

marieqoza is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)