RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 22-10-2008, 04:17 AM   #1541
rustedchains
she's a question without answers

I am currently:

YOU ARE THE DEVIL AND THE DEVIL IS BAD!!

</old school Christian music>

Yeah, um, I'm okay. I just am in a really old school moood.

"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place." - Anon

"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on. " - FDR

rustedchains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2008, 05:53 AM   #1542
healingraine
Psalm 34

I am currently:

"Jesus loves me, this I know
For the Bible tells me so
Little ones to Him belong,
they are weak, but He is strong"
An oldie but a goodie.
Such a simple message but so true...
"Jesus loves me" I know this because the Bible says so.
Simple... Yet hard to accept sometimes...
Oh to have childlike faith again!
Why can't I believe that His strength is enough, and that He will carry me through?
Why can't accept that although I feel like I can't handle this, God knows better than I what I can handle...

and just because we're doing the life of Moses right now in XA
VERSE 1:
Well, the burning bush told me just the other day
That I should come over here and say
Got to get my people out of Pharaoh's hand
And lead them on over to the promised land.

CHORUS:
I say Pharaoh, Pharaoh, Oh baby
Let my people go! Huh
Yeah yeah yeah...

VERSE 2:
Well, all of God's people came to the Red Sea
With Pharaoh's army coming after me
I raised my rod, stuck it in the sand
And all of God's people walked across dry land.

VERSE 3:
Well all of Pharaoh's army was coming too
So what do you think that I did do?
I raised my rod and cleared my throat
And all of Pharaoh's army did the dead man's float.

BAHAHAHAHA!!!

SI free solely by the grace of God!
August 2, 2007

healingraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2008, 06:45 AM   #1543
gina

I am currently:

Can I ask if anyone has discussed their SI with people at church? I know its probably the best form of support, but Im extremely worried as to how they would react..... and how to approach the subject?
one guy, who is a friend outside church too, knows....bt as we live about 2 doors apart in Halls, its a bit different.....he is really urging me to talk to someone at church, and I would appriciate any advice, or anybodies experience?
thanks to everyone for all the support too, and I promise to stop being so needy!!
xxxxx

Last edited by gina : 22-10-2008 at 06:46 AM. Reason: I cant spell
gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2008, 06:59 AM   #1544
Angel_Girl
Polar Bear - you people are melting MY ICE!

I am currently:

Jacie: Prying!!!

Gina: I talked to my youth priest (I'm Catholic) and he was wonderful about it. A bit worried, but wonderful. Be prepared that not everyone is aware of the fact SH exists (well, all the educated people should be) and chose wisely. You should trust the person you tell no matter his/her position. I'll be praying for you!

Deena

God made sure we'd meet.

Angel_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2008, 09:09 AM   #1545
PollyPocket

I am currently:

hi,i could really do with some advice on something..yesterday i had my therapy and my therapist(fellow christian) said that it is suggested in the bible that if you commit suicide you go to hell. She said it becasue she thinks im in recovery,but it really upset me as numerous times i have attempted suicide. Have i just been a really bad christian all this time ? Ive been praying about it, but im still non the wiser.
thanks, Polly xxx

PollyPocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2008, 12:14 PM   #1546
Freedom Fighter

polly if you believe in christ as your savour (sp) you will go to heaven

gina i talked to my youth pastor (he is a former cutter and anerexic) and he has been one of my best suporters

Then wear the gold hat, if that will move her;
If you can bounce high, bounce for her too,
Till she cry "Lover, gold-hatted, high-bouncing lover,
I must have you!"

Thomas Parke D’Invilliers

Freedom Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2008, 03:40 PM   #1547
rustedchains

I am currently:

Well, I brought it up in a roundabout way to one of my Sunday School teachers. I had a TWLOHA shirt on, and she asked what it was. I'm like um, it's a Christian organization. Then she asked for what. I'm like uhh.. self injury and suicide awareness?The look i got was... yeah.

The thing on one committing suicide and gong to hell has long been debated. However, I honestly cannot see a merciful God sending someone to eternal punishment just because their pain on Earth was too great for them.

"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place." - Anon

Old 22-10-2008, 04:07 PM   #1548
Angel_Girl

I am currently:

Tom, my youth priest was a cutter too. You can't possibly imagine how surprised I was! :)

Polly: If you're sorry for it, then it shouldn't be a problem (me thinks). And I'm sure God knew exactly why things are going for you the way they are. Praying!

God made sure we'd meet.

Old 22-10-2008, 07:03 PM   #1549
healingraine
Psalm 34

I am currently:

It's a long running theological debate, and there is compelling support for either side.
The Bible is unclear on that subject, so we can only speculate. We can't know for sure. My advice: don't kill yourself.
anyways, something I read once suggested that perhaps the Bible isn't clear on that point is because if it said that Christians who commit suicide go to hell, then that would drive the friends and relatives of Christians who commit suicide into despair... and if it said that they go to heaven, then what's to discourage any Christian with a mild problem from committing suicide? after all, in heaven there is NO pain.

August 2, 2007

Old 22-10-2008, 10:18 PM   #1550
dazedandconfused

I am currently:

Gina- there are three different people at my church that know. (im baptist) and all of them have helped a LOT and none of them were judgemental or anything. they just wanted to help. it is a really good form of support :)

and guys i was just hoping that you could pray like hard core for one oof my friends. she's at a place where i was several months ago, before i was a christian. she's so confused about religion and she's absolutely miserable. please pray that she'll become a christian...
its hard cuz i want to talk to her about it...but i don't want to push her too hard cuz i know how that feels...

thanks guys :)

oh and about the suicide thing...my personal opinion is that if you're a christian and u kill yourself you go to heaven...if not then you go to hell.. i don't think that its the suicide that determines where you go. its whether or not you were a christian...my personal opinion..but its always possible that i'm wrong

Love so amazing, so divine
demands my soul, my life, my all. =)

dazedandconfused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2008, 03:04 AM   #1551
aquatickitten

I am currently:

polly: i think...that you shouldn't worry so much about being a "bad christian". it's the direction you're going in and the destination, rather that your current location. all of us are human, and far from perfect. don't dwell on your past mistakes, because you can't change them.
my former sunday school teacher struggled with depression his entire life. he got into some pretty bad stuff...he was a biker, in a gang...but when he met God, his life completely changed. He used to be this cruel person who tortured kittens for kicks, but by the time I met him, he was one of the kindest, warmest people you'd ever met. It's funny, because he never got rid of the long hair or tatoos or piercings...he liked to say that they made great conversation starters, so he could tell people about what God had done (I hope to say the same one day about my scars). Anyway...he killed himself a few summers back. And I just can't believe that a God who knows everything we are going to do before we do it would turn someone's life around like that only for him to go to hell.

gina: you are not being needy. don't worry about that, it's what we're here for (well, that and going off on silly tangents having to do with ancient greek and House MD). hmm...I would be careful who you tell. pray about it, and see if God points out someone specific. on a winter retreat, it came out that all of the people in the room (there were 6 of us) were cutters. we poured out our souls to each other that weekend, and while we've grown apart we'll always be like family. we supported each other and struggled together and eventually all of us stopped. but, it was with NO help from certain youth pastors and leaders...i think now that all of us are adults, we can look back and see that those leaders really had no idea how to react. thankfully, since then we've talked about it with the youth pastor, and he's better equipped to deal with SI. but the way we were treated back then was pretty bad, and only made things worse. MOST people in youth ministry, especially now (this was 5-ish years ago) probably won't react that way, but please just be careful.

aquatickitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2008, 04:21 AM   #1552
risenfromperdition
you are loved and beautiful :)

keep ridge hs in new jersey in your prayers this week... friday is the 1 year anniversary of a kid who was a sr last year killing himself and it affected alot of my friends. so keep my friends, his fam, and everyone else in your prayers
x

“The good things don’t always soften the bad, but vice-versa, the bad things don’t necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.”
“Nobody important? Blimey, that’s amazing. Do you know, in nine hundred years of time and space I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important before.”
“If it’s time to go, remember what you’re leaving. Remember the best. My friends have always been the best of me.”

risenfromperdition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2008, 05:47 AM   #1553
healingraine
Psalm 34

I am currently:

will do dearie.

& everyone please keep praying for me...
this is an extremely difficult time for me... everything is going wrong... it's just one thing after another....
Encourage me please? I just want to cut... I want the slight momentary release even though I know I'll hate myself later...

August 2, 2007

Old 23-10-2008, 07:58 AM   #1554
tamobhuuta

praying for you Salanna, you will get through this :)

Ying tong iddle ai po!

tamobhuuta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2008, 08:25 AM   #1555
elisabeth

I am currently:
me tooo

I'm a Christian SIer too, except I've recently started questioning my faith.
There's a lot I need to sift through at the moment.

elisabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2008, 11:41 AM   #1556
Angel_Girl

I am currently:

elisabeth: Praying.

God made sure we'd meet.

Old 23-10-2008, 12:58 PM   #1557
rustedchains

I am currently:

praying for all of you. :)

i am stuck right now. just stuck. if it weren't for my MD appointment, i'd have slipped last night. freind drama roommate drama home drama.. ARGH

Old 23-10-2008, 02:08 PM   #1558
aquatickitten

I am currently:

praying for you, salanna. and for the high school. and for you, rusty...sometimes god works in mysterious ways. like dr appts :)

eliabeth, you're welcome here. we make a decent sounding board, so if you want to ask questions, go ahead. we've all been at that point before and likely will be again.

aquatickitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2008, 10:05 PM   #1559
rustedchains

I am currently:

I don't know how I'm going to make it through the rest of the afternoon. I am so pissed off right about now.

Old 23-10-2008, 10:24 PM   #1560
Freedom Fighter

*hugs and prayer for all*
you can make it rusty
salanna its not worth it
eliabeth if there is any question you want to ask im only a pm away

Then wear the gold hat, if that will move her;
If you can bounce high, bounce for her too,
Till she cry "Lover, gold-hatted, high-bouncing lover,
I must have you!"

Thomas Parke D’Invilliers

Freedom Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)