Live Help

Forum Jump

Old 26-11-2008, 10:58 PM   #1
fragiledollface
Dead inside

I am currently:

I am freaking out here right now. Monday I find out that yes, I am pregnant and now suddenly I am spotting very pinkish when I urinate. I haven't gone to a doctor because being this a reality unlike last summer when it was a scare, my dear parents are going to flip about it. I know I have to go to a doctor but I just don't know how to make my words come out about this baby. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and telling them either today or tomorrow could totally ruin the holiday. My boyfriend is in complete shock and barely believing the news because of last summer. He did say that he would take me to my doctor or even a hospital if I have to do it that way. I am freaking out. Completely frightened. What should I do?

4 Hugs Given By :
Old 26-11-2008, 11:38 PM   #2
Raven

I am currently:

go see your doctor hun but dont panic!!!! i know plenty of women who bled during their pregnancy, even in the early stages. and the bleeding ranged from dark brown blood which is old blood to pinkish to bright red. there is a chance that something could be wrong, which is why i am saying its best to get it checked but some people do have bleeding, some unexplained. please dont panic until you get a definitive answer. also, please be aware that sometimes doctors can be very blunt - again, people i know have bled and gone to see their doctor who have flippantly said 'you are probably having a miscarriage' only to be sent for a scan to find the baby is fine.

bottom line is, its best to get it checked but do not panic yet.

keep us posted hun xxx

"When I want your opinion, I'll beat it out of you" - Dr Samuel Loomis

Old 27-11-2008, 12:29 AM   #3
Ragdoll

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
also, please be aware that sometimes doctors can be very blunt - again, people i know have bled and gone to see their doctor who have flippantly said 'you are probably having a miscarriage' only to be sent for a scan to find the baby is fine.
This is true - I had stomach pain at about 2 months and was told I might be miscarrying or I might not, and to go home and take painkillers! My little boy was born perfectly healthy and is now 2 months old

Get checked, but dont panic x

I got lei'd in Vets!

Old 27-11-2008, 06:15 AM   #4
Alyssa!
Fabulous.

I am currently:

Definetly go get it checked out. My doc said that a little spotting is normal and to start worrying if it becomes period like. But, to be on the safe side for the little youngen, go get it checked. I hope it works out for you. Telling the family will ba hard. Get all your feelings sorted out first and then tell them in the most calm easy way possible. Tell them you need their love and support right now. We're all here for you when you come back from it. Good luck. :)

Thanks Raven. I'll go check out Babycenter now. You're just a wealth of knowledge. :)

Hurray...babies!

Old 27-11-2008, 09:13 AM   #5
Raven

I am currently:

lol i do try

"When I want your opinion, I'll beat it out of you" - Dr Samuel Loomis

Old 27-11-2008, 02:48 PM   #6
Animad

Yeah, I agree with the others, it is best to get checked out by your doctor or midwife to ensure everything is ok. Also, is the pink spotting just whilst you urinate? Are you sure it's your vagina it's coming from? Any pain when you're weeing or pelvic/ lower back pain? Do you feel the need to go to the toilet more than you usually would and drink more? (Presuming you're early pregnancy so the size of the baby won't constrict your bladder and won't affect it) As it could, if it's just some blood when you're weeing be a urinary tract infection or cystitis which is just inflammation which can be without infection and due to otehr causes.

However, because you're pregnant you do have to be more careful than if not so though it may be a UTI or normal pregnancy spotting you should get yourself checked out to make sure nothing is going wrong

Old 29-11-2008, 12:22 AM   #7
Mandimoo
Mummy!!

I am currently:

i had spotting throughout my pregnancy, just go get it checked out.
mand x

Mand, South Wales, Full-time working, single mother to 2 scarily independent girls.
I AM A PROUD PLUMERIA SISTER

Mand x

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)