Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 01-05-2013, 11:31 PM   #21
Flem Fatale
Leo Pard?

I am currently:

^ That would be way better.

I also do not think that member of the month is appropriate but if it is still going to be a thing, I vote for Flem Fatale because he is f*cking awesome!

The world is just illusion always trying to change me.
You will find wonder wherever you can, and spread joy whenever you are able.

I felt emotions of gentleness and pleasure, that had long appeared dead, divide within me. - Frankenstein.

Flem Fatale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:36 AM   #22
[Luna]

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by happywondering View Post
Well, maybe each month a few random members are picked and asked certain questions so you can get to know them. Each month you can ask the same questions yet to another set of members, so people get know the community.

To select the members just ask for a list of volunteers, and then go ip dip do, or pick names out of a hat or something.
That's a really good idea, I'll put it forward to the team :).

[Luna] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:25 AM   #23
happywondering
выродок

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flem Fatale View Post

I also do not think that member of the month is appropriate but if it is still going to be a thing, I vote for Flem Fatale because he is f*cking awesome!
You are *****ing awesome flem

Never forget what you are for the rest of the world will not.
Wear it like armor and it can never be used to hurt you

happywondering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:00 PM   #24
offlineforever
Left RYL

I also like the idea of asking people questions and getting to know them better. Like 10 random facts about them or something.

Left.

offlineforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:06 PM   #25
crazykat
Fight for another day

Quote:
Well, maybe each month a few random members are picked and asked certain questions so you can get to know them. Each month you can ask the same questions yet to another set of members, so people get know the community.

To select the members just ask for a list of volunteers, and then go ip dip do, or pick names out of a hat or something.
I like this idea too :)

"Recovery is something that you have to work
on every single day and it's
something that doesn't
get a day off."

crazykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:17 PM   #26
griddlebone
Head of Chat/Forum Mod.

I am currently:

Quote:

This sounds like a much better idea.x

There are times to stay put, and what you want will come to you.
But there are times to go out into the world and find such a thing for yourself.
My spoken words.
I aint no abacus but you can count on me.

griddlebone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:51 PM   #27
LizzieRose
♥ Beloved Lunatic ♫

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flem Fatale View Post

AlexiaJayy is awesome, too. :3

Major Depression | Asperger's Syndrome | Anxiety NOS | Hints of OCD

Close your eyes. Don't you cry. Love's around you. In time, you'll fly. Don't you worry about the dark. I will light up the night with the love in my heart. I will burn like the sun that will keep you safe and warm. Like the smell of a rose on a summer's day, I will be there to take all your fears away. With the touch of my hand, I will turn your life to GOLD!

LizzieRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:04 PM   #28
GlitterTrashDoll
eZine Editor

I am currently:

I just thought i'd put my two cents in.

This is exactly why we ask for feedback & get fustrated when we don't get any. We've been running this article for the past 2 - 3 issues, and I'm wondering only now, rather than when the first post asking for nominations, months ago, are people shooting it down.

How are we meant to know what does/doesn't work or what people want to see/don't want to see without feedback. We ask questions, ask for feedback, ask for any contributions and offer ways to get involved and ask what you want to see in the eZine - and we get nothing. So, considering we don't get anything (positive or negative) we can't know what you want read so we assume the articles are okay.

The Member of the Month article is in no way a competition or a popularity contest, and was never intended to be something like that. Instead it was to acknowledge people who invest a lot of time into the site supporting others, a way of thanking them rather than going "this person has so many friends who nominated them!" As I have heard multiple occasions where people have invested a lot of time supporting others and got no thanks or acknowledgement that they are helping and doing a lot for RYL.

Thank you for your suggestions though, as I said this is what we want to hear - feedback!

My only concern with the asking for volunteers to come forward to answer some questions - we've asked people to volunteer/contribute before and no-one puts there name forward. I'm worried this will happen here too, it's all well and good saying "this is a good idea! lets to this!" but what happens when no-one puts their name forward? That could turn into a 'popularity contest' of sorts too - more 'popular' members could put their names forward, and 'lesser known' members could be intimitidated by the amount of names, that they don't want to put their names forward. So we might not get to know that many more members? If that makes sense.

I'm not trying to be negative or shoot ideas down, I'm just going off what's happened in the past when we have tried to get members involved.

DILLIGAF

"itís when youíre acting selflessly, that you are at your bravest"
- Four.
CTFxC'er forever.

GlitterTrashDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:46 PM   #29
offlineforever
Left RYL

What about a mixture of the two for a while. Like have a member of the month, write why they are member of the month and then a little interview with them or something?

Left.

offlineforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:22 PM   #30
happywondering
выродок

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitterTrashDoll View Post

This is exactly why we ask for feedback & get fustrated when we don't get any. We've been running this article for the past 2 - 3 issues, and I'm wondering only now, rather than when the first post asking for nominations, months ago, are people shooting it down.

How are we meant to know what does/doesn't work or what people want to see/don't want to see without feedback. We ask questions, ask for feedback, ask for any contributions and offer ways to get involved and ask what you want to see in the eZine - and we get nothing. So, considering we don't get anything (positive or negative) we can't know what you want read so we assume the articles are okay.

The Member of the Month article is in no way a competition or a popularity contest, and was never intended to be something like that. Instead it was to acknowledge people who invest a lot of time into the site supporting others, a way of thanking them rather than going "this person has so many friends who nominated them!" As I have heard multiple occasions where people have invested a lot of time supporting others and got no thanks or acknowledgement that they are helping and doing a lot for RYL.

Thank you for your suggestions though, as I said this is what we want to hear - feedback!
To be fair, I only said something now because it wound me up so much I had to say something, otherwise I just wouldn't of bothered. Mostly because I have shiit loads of other stuff to do (uni work, actual work, games to play, people to annoy in chat) and I don't really go on the forums so much.

Maybe people just don't care? Which is a shame when you put a lot of effort into something.

Old 02-05-2013, 04:28 PM   #31
FabulousMike
Proud Union Activist.

I am currently:

Quote:

My only concern with the asking for volunteers to come forward to answer some questions - we've asked people to volunteer/contribute before and no-one puts there name forward. I'm worried this will happen here too, it's all well and good saying "this is a good idea! lets to this!" but what happens when no-one puts their name forward? That could turn into a 'popularity contest' of sorts too - more 'popular' members could put their names forward, and 'lesser known' members could be intimitidated by the amount of names, that they don't want to put their names forward. So we might not get to know that many more members? If that makes sense.

I'm not trying to be negative or shoot ideas down, I'm just going off what's happened in the past when we have tried to get members involved.
Most frustrating thing about the eZine! I remember when I joined the eZine, I was really excited and though 'wow, this will be awesome for the community, the community will come forward and do this and do that'....That soon died off..It's a shame, the eZine is amazing but can be so much more with community input.

FabulousMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:51 PM   #32
griddlebone
Head of Chat/Forum Mod.

I am currently:

You cant ask for peoples opinions and then get pissed off when people offer them to you......just because people didnt give their concerns at the beginning doesnt mean anything...maybe people were waiting to see how it went.

There are times to stay put, and what you want will come to you.
But there are times to go out into the world and find such a thing for yourself.
My spoken words.
I aint no abacus but you can count on me.

griddlebone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:02 PM   #33
[Luna]

I am currently:

Liv, I think it's frustration.
I like the idea of the interviews if there are members willing to participate.

[Luna] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:41 PM   #34
GlitterTrashDoll
eZine Editor

I am currently:

I'm not pissed off - I was just putting forward how I see it.

DILLIGAF

- Four.
CTFxC'er forever.

Old 02-05-2013, 05:44 PM   #35
GlitterTrashDoll
eZine Editor

I am currently:

If anything I'm thankful people are finally giving feedback!

DILLIGAF

- Four.
CTFxC'er forever.

Old 02-05-2013, 10:08 PM   #36
Flem Fatale
Leo Pard?

I am currently:

I would so put my name forward for a mini interveiw thing. It would be fun!

The world is just illusion always trying to change me.
You will find wonder wherever you can, and spread joy whenever you are able.

I felt emotions of gentleness and pleasure, that had long appeared dead, divide within me. - Frankenstein.

Flem Fatale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:19 PM   #37
GlitterTrashDoll
eZine Editor

I am currently:

Go for it Flem!

Quote:
To be fair, I only said something now because it wound me up so much I had to say something, otherwise I just wouldn't of bothered. Mostly because I have shiit loads of other stuff to do (uni work, actual work, games to play, people to annoy in chat) and I don't really go on the forums so much.

Maybe people just don't care? Which is a shame when you put a lot of effort into something.
Honestly, I urge in the future, just to say something when you think it and don't feel like you have to wait - because the chances are more people think the same and don't want to be the first to post. So please say if you don't like something, we'd rather know sooner or later.

I don't think it's people don't care - because we've had people saying they do want to get involved, it's just when we offer things, no-one does. So I think it's a case of finding out how they want to be involved. So we keep offering different things in hope of finding something.

DILLIGAF

- Four.
CTFxC'er forever.

Old 03-05-2013, 11:23 PM   #38
happywondering
выродок

Quote:
Go for it Flem!

Honestly, I urge in the future, just to say something when you think it and don't feel like you have to wait - because the chances are more people think the same and don't want to be the first to post. So please say if you don't like something, we'd rather know sooner or later.

I don't think it's people don't care - because we've had people saying they do want to get involved, it's just when we offer things, no-one does. So I think it's a case of finding out how they want to be involved. So we keep offering different things in hope of finding something.

Yea, but the problem is, I am mad, and my brain does not work this way!

Alas, I wasn't trying to be a douche or anything when I said people don't care, I just don't know! Depressed people are often preoccupied.

Old 03-05-2013, 11:35 PM   #39
GlitterTrashDoll
eZine Editor

I am currently:

I know, and I completely understand. I'm just happy we are getting feedback now! So thank you for saying something.

DILLIGAF

- Four.
CTFxC'er forever.

Old 04-05-2013, 09:29 AM   #40
Tig

Just wanted to apologise for not being around to comment on this thread at the moment. I've been in hospital but as soon as I am home and able to access laptop, I will try my best to form a response.

Additionally, I would like to thank those who have PM'd me with their nominations. I can say that we have had a variety of nominations and they certainly don't fit in to what some you may perceive as the "popular" group which is truly wonderful so thank you. X

Tig is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)