Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 08-04-2013, 07:48 PM   #21
Bellatrix
Voldemort's Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi Tiger View Post
What's with the she's a mother thing? 50% of the population have the potential to be, it's nothing special.
She has left children who will miss her.

You wouldn't find it nice if your mother tried to lead a country, upset certain groups of the country by not always doing very sensible things and people posted saying they were going to open the bubbly because she has died.

My point was she is a person. Not a faceless politician you can hate on because she did things you disagree with. Celebrating her death is just a bad reflection on you, not what you think should be deemed disgusting.

Imperfection is underrated.

Bellatrix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 07:50 PM   #22
Heidi Tiger
Loon NOS

I am currently:

Yeah children who'll miss her, a racist and someone who tried to stage a coup. Not sure they deserve my respect either.

Reality leaves a lot to the imagination

Heidi Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 07:51 PM   #23
Taraxacum
This Member is currently Banned

Nobody has perfect parents.
Doesn't mean that the children won't miss her

Taraxacum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 07:51 PM   #24
griddlebone
Head of Chat/Forum Mod.

I am currently:

It both disgusts and worries me that we live in a society where people are planning street parties and celebrating her death.People are saying they are going to go and spit on her grave. I dont have any love for her or her policies/actions in power but it is disgusting that people are gleeful that she is dead.

Whatever is said about her not being a person, she was. She was a wife, a mother, a human being, one who spent years fighting dementia and becoming more secluded as time went on. She doesnt deserve to be called an 'old slag who stinks of piss' (read that on my facebook) or anything else.

From a personal standpoint my nan is also 87 and had a stroke 2 weeks ago, thankfully hadnt died but I can put myself in the shoes of her family and I cant imagine how horrible it is for them to know that there are going to be parties and people celebrating her death.Vile.

There are times to stay put, and what you want will come to you.
But there are times to go out into the world and find such a thing for yourself.
My spoken words.
I aint no abacus but you can count on me.

griddlebone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 07:51 PM   #25
Bellatrix
Voldemort's Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabulousMike View Post
I'm sure the mining communities found it horrid too when they couldn't feed there kids or they were getting beat up by police for being in a union.
She didn't make those decisions alone.

Where are your 'drinks for the death of the cabinet who advised her? You're targeting her because she's the face of that time period and deeming her evil because the Party didn't always make the right choices.

Everyone, every politician has made wrong choices. Doens't mean it's okay to celebrate their death. They were still people.

Old 08-04-2013, 07:51 PM   #26
OneForSorrow
Custom User Title

I am currently:

Although I hate* her, and I hate what she did, I still don't think that's a reason to celebrate someone's life being over

Last edited by OneForSorrow : 08-04-2013 at 07:52 PM. Reason: *Hate is a strong word, but I really really really don't like her..

OneForSorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 07:52 PM   #27
Bellatrix
Voldemort's Bitch

Quote:
Yeah children who'll miss her, a racist and someone who tried to stage a coup. Not sure they deserve my respect either.
Are you kidding?

Jesus christ I worry about this world.

Old 08-04-2013, 07:54 PM   #28
Heidi Tiger
Loon NOS

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellatrix View Post
Are you kidding?

Jesus christ I worry about this world.
No I'm not.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7868401.stm
Racist

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/4169557.stm
Tried to stage a coup.

Old 08-04-2013, 07:55 PM   #29
griddlebone
Head of Chat/Forum Mod.

I am currently:

Sums it up really:
Quote:
I'm not sad that Thatcher is dead, but neither am I gleeful. The notion that a leader determines the fate of a nation is utter bullshit. Thatcherism was the product of a huge number of people, as are all political movements. She was awful, but so were the rest of her cabinet. What she did was not possible without the collaboration of millions.

But there are times to go out into the world and find such a thing for yourself.
My spoken words.

Old 08-04-2013, 07:57 PM   #30
The Herbalist.

I am currently:

Can understand disliking her. Can't understand stating such horrible thoughts about a human being out loud or partying over it. It is unfortunate that we live in a world that is so full of hate that we cannot even hold our tongues and be respectful towards the deceased. Sometimes some things are better kept to ourselves when a person is gone. She wasn't PM anymore when she died... she was an 87 year old woman, mother, grandmother. Let her go peacefully.

The Herbalist. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 07:58 PM   #31
talaiporia
Chat Mod

I am currently:

Quote:
There is no one who does not deserve some respect in death.
I completely agree with this. Whatever someone has done, when they are dead, they are dead. They deserve forgiveness and peace. Even Bin Laden had a dignified funeral; why shouldn't this lady? But I do find it ironic that the people and media who vilified her for three decades are so saddened by her death.

I'm not sad she's died, and I'm not happy either. She was an important woman, and though I wouldn't say she was a good person, she certainly wasn't an evil woman.

It doesn't matter where you come from; it matters where you go.
No-one gets remembered for the things they didn't do.
We won't all be here this time next year,
so while you can take a picture of us.
We're definitely going to hell,
but we'll have all the best stories to tell.

talaiporia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 07:58 PM   #32
Heidi Tiger
Loon NOS

I am currently:

Quote:
I'm not saying she did good things - she did some good things, and some bad things.

But that is NO reason to a) be glad a person is dead, or b) disrespect her family for missing her.

My dad was an arse (for reasons not suitable for her). If he died I'd miss him, and you'd say I didn't deserve respect for missing him? That just reflects badly on you.
No, you would deserve respect. But try to take over a small country by force and you wouldn't.

Old 08-04-2013, 07:59 PM   #33
Bellatrix
Voldemort's Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by griddlebone View Post
It both disgusts and worries me that we live in a society where people are planning street parties and celebrating her death.People are saying they are going to go and spit on her grave. I dont have any love for her or her policies/actions in power but it is disgusting that people are gleeful that she is dead.

Whatever is said about her not being a person, she was. She was a wife, a mother, a human being, one who spent years fighting dementia and becoming more secluded as time went on. She doesnt deserve to be called an 'old slag who stinks of piss' (read that on my facebook) or anything else.

From a personal standpoint my nan is also 87 and had a stroke 2 weeks ago, thankfully hadnt died but I can put myself in the shoes of her family and I cant imagine how horrible it is for them to know that there are going to be parties and people celebrating her death.Vile.
This.

Old 08-04-2013, 07:59 PM   #34
griddlebone
Head of Chat/Forum Mod.

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elijahbear View Post
Can understand disliking her. Can't understand stating such horrible thoughts about a human being out loud or partying over it. It is unfortunate that we live in a world that is so full of hate that we cannot even hold our tongues and be respectful towards the deceased. Sometimes some things are better kept to ourselves when a person is gone.
QFT.

My spoken words.

Old 08-04-2013, 07:59 PM   #35
Bellatrix
Voldemort's Bitch

Quote:
But try to take over a small country by force and you wouldn't.
On it!

Old 08-04-2013, 08:01 PM   #36
Heidi Tiger
Loon NOS

I am currently:

Lichtenstein is quaking in it's boots!

Old 08-04-2013, 08:03 PM   #37
Isoverity

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneForSorrow View Post
I agree, I didn't like her, although she was just a little bit before my time.
Unfortunately most of the young people who hate her (and its hate) got the information about her from her enemies in media, education etc. and actually know little about what she did but have slogans, anecdotes etc. I went through same thing in US with Reagan. Thatcher caused government revenues to triple. Only people who dont work can be happy with a 83% tax rate. Even God only asked for 10%.

Last edited by Isoverity : 08-04-2013 at 08:43 PM.
Isoverity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:05 PM   #38
GlitterTrashDoll
eZine Editor

I am currently:

Some of these comments are disgusting.

I agree with Jodie:

Quote:
^I dislike comments like that.
She was a person. A mother.
Quote:
I find that rather disgusting.
There is no one who does not deserve some respect in death.

My thoughts are with her family.

DILLIGAF

"itís when youíre acting selflessly, that you are at your bravest"
- Four.
CTFxC'er forever.

GlitterTrashDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:08 PM   #39
MunchBox
I threw my pie for you.

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by griddlebone View Post

This. But, specifically the last part. My Grandmother's a similar age and suffering from Alzheimer's.

I understand she's made wrong decisions like most politicians but I can't understand how people can celebrate her death.

Sweetpea

MunchBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:12 PM   #40
Myimmortalgirl
Heather Peace's Wife

Really did not like her or what she did, Sorry I am not sorry she has gone. We are having a little drink here tonight.

Myimmortalgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)