Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 27-09-2012, 11:35 PM   #1
what_the?
continual crisis

I am currently:
Do you believe in ghosts?

Guys, as some people may know, I've recently moved house and me and my new flatmates think we've got a ghost!

First off random socks and tights have gone missing without a trace from the washer. Then today things got weirder, my flatmate told me that a pair of knickers had appeared in her washing and they don't belong to any of us! It's all very strange. Added to this, our fridge makes a weird moo-ing sound.

Anyways, the longer we stay here the more strange stuff is happening. Last week one of our bins went missing, only to be returned 3 days later.

Yesterday (I wasn't in, but am reliably told by my flatmates and the builder that was here) the back door of my car which was nicely parked and very definitely locked in front of the house was wide open when it had been shut literally 5 minutes before. I've checked everything and there's not a mark on it, and nothing, not even my stash of rolos has gone missing...

Lastly, the final straw is that our doorbell keeps randomly ringing and when we go and check there's no-one there. It's all a bit freaky.

Now, I'm sure there's logical explanations for most of this, and I'm not really sure where I stand on the whole paranormal activity thing, but it got me wondering, do you guys believe in ghosts and what freaky stuff happens in your house that you just can't explain away?

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. Make us all feel wonderful. We'll never forget."

what_the? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2012, 12:11 AM   #2
~Grace~

I havent experienced anything myself. But people who I know and trust have witnessed a ghost. They lived in an old cottage. Both had seen a lady in the corner of their bedroom brushing her hair etc, but neither had the courage to admit to seeing this. One night they saw this ghost together.

My daughter works in a local pub. Its very old and has a history for strange things happening. Noises from upstairs when no one is there. Cutlery moving and being seen moving across the room. Shes a sensible girl and wouldnt make it up.

So yes I do believe there is something true about ghosts living in the present time

~Grace~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2012, 12:15 AM   #3
squirrelspit

I am currently:

im scared just reading the first two posts of this thread. :(

squirrelspit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2012, 12:31 AM   #4
~Grace~

BOO! :)

~Grace~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2012, 12:35 AM   #5
what_the?
continual crisis

I am currently:

Awh, Charlie!

To be honest, I think what this has shown me is that I've moved up in the world, cause if my car door had been open where I used to live, I'd be complaining about more than a ghost!

The cutlery and actually seeing a ghost would completely terrify me! Wow, that's crazy.

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. Make us all feel wonderful. We'll never forget."

Old 28-09-2012, 01:12 AM   #6
Pain of Promises

I am currently:

I don't believe in ghosts in the least, in fact most of my friends (or people I call my friends) are fanatics of the stuff and they tried taking me to what they called "active" areas and did calls and rituals and nada, not a trace. Though I'm not entirely religious and am a tad and the Bible blatantly states we rest until judgements which discourages the idea in me further. It makes no sense from a scientific stance point either, so it will take a lot to convince me.

"There is no revenge so complete as forgiveness."
-Josh Billings

"Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much."
-Oscar Wilde

Pain of Promises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2012, 01:19 AM   #7
LemonTangWang
Sensual

I am currently:

Nah you've just got rats. Really big really clever rats.

wubalubadubdub

LemonTangWang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2012, 02:04 AM   #8
Isoverity

I am currently:

Ghosts no - demons yes

Isoverity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2012, 05:08 AM   #9
Delephynite
This member is currently not banned.

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoverity View Post
Ghosts no - demons yes
Interesting. Why demons? If I may ask?

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici.
By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe.

Delephynite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2012, 06:39 AM   #10
Isoverity

I am currently:

A bunch of reasons. Twice in my life I woke up in the middle of the night and sensed something spectacularly evil in the room. It wasn't anything visible and it wasn't a fleeting experience. For a couple minutes I knew it was there and knew it would have liked to kill me if it could. These experiences were quite terrifying but I knew I would be ok because not long before them I experienced some really good things and (it seemed to me) the dark things were angry about it - but futily so. After those experiences I have thought that infant crib deaths are related to such things. I would never let an infant sleep in a room alone at night.

I also see people do some spectacularly horrid things that are quite subhuman - and I don't blame "chemical imbalances" but evil itself. I also see a lot of people here and other places who have things come to them and tell/show them things that are always nasty. I don't think most of these people are crazy, and I think they are seeing real things that are not imaginary. Unfortunately I even recall one person here who ended her life after weeks of writing about being harassed by what she called a demon. I didn't think she was crazy at all.

Kids often see things too and I believe them. I've also heard too many Ouija board stories and won't mess with them or any kind of "ceremonies" that kids/teens etc like to mess with. There are also many historical events like one that happened to Houston Stuart Chamberlain - one of main racial theorists of Nazi Germany. From the book "The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich"

"Chamberlain was given to seeing demons who, by his own account, drove him on relentlessly to seek new fields of study and get on with his prodigious writings. One vision after another forced him to change from biology to botany to the fine arts, to music, to philosophy, to biography to history. Once, in 1896, when he was returning from Italy, the presence of a demon became so forceful that he got off the train at Gardone, shut himself up in a hotel room for eight days and, abandoning some work on music that he had contemplated, wrote feverishly on a biological thesis until he had the germ of the theme that would dominate all of his later works: race and history."

I am crushingly scientific as a rule but there are some mysterious things that are so prevalent that it seems (to me) more scientific to acknowledge them to a degree than to ridicule them away

Last edited by Isoverity : 28-09-2012 at 06:48 AM.
Old 28-09-2012, 08:04 AM   #11
Buttons.
Never knowing...a helping hand or hell to pay?

I am currently:

I'm not sure where I stand on ghosts to be honest, I hope they're not real from an it would scare me shitless point of you, but there has been fairly solid evidence that may support the idea of the supernatural.

I don't however, believe in demons. I think things like cot deaths will eventually be explained by science, and to be honest evil things appearing in your head and so on to my mind at least is mental illness or an over active imagination, nothing more or less.

Oh and the disappearing socks in the washer happens to the best of us. A little green man is my friend and I's explanation: zombie thread

Last edited by Buttons. : 28-09-2012 at 08:34 AM.

'Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.'

[''There is only one thing we say to death. Not today'.']

'I wish I was the monster you think I am.'

Buttons. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2012, 12:55 PM   #12
Asura

I find it hard to rationalize the existence of ghosts. The idea of demons is also far fetched but feels slightly more believable than spirits IMO.

Nous avons abrité tous les rêves du monde,
Et c'est dans le soleil que nous avons grandi.

Asura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2012, 01:10 PM   #13
makedamnsure

I am currently:

Don't believe in ghosts or spirits or demons at all.

I believe humans are programmed to seek the spiritual, and to look for explanations for things, since right back in our evolutionary history, (hence every major civilisation developing some form of religion, often independently) and ghosts etc are by products of this.

Courtesy
Integrity
Perseverance
Self Control
Indomitable Spirit

makedamnsure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2012, 04:29 PM   #14
The One Who

I am currently:

Don't believe in ghosts, or psychics, or anything of the sort. People see what they want to see, basically, we can read anything into anything.

The One Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2012, 05:19 PM   #15
what_the?
continual crisis

I am currently:

See, I find it virtually impossible to rationalise ghosts and spirits etc, but there's still that element of me that goes "it's possible". Especially when freaky things keep happening in (and outside) my house!

Old 28-09-2012, 07:01 PM   #16
frenchhorn
Oliver

don't believe in ghosts, or spirits or demons or anything like that.

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or studpidity. The grave will supply plenty of time for silence." Christopher Hitchens

'When words fail, music speaks'

I am transsexual and homoromantic and proud to be.

frenchhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2012, 07:09 PM   #17
Myimmortalgirl
Heather Peace's Wife

Yep definatly believe, I have seen and felt and heard ghosts in the house I live in.

Myimmortalgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2012, 08:28 PM   #18
BridgesAndBalloons
A Thimblesworth of Milky Moon

I don't believe in ghosts or anything like that, I just seem to assume there's a plausible logical reason but then maybe I'm just a bit cynical. Creepy ghost stories in books and films etc are fun though

BridgesAndBalloons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2012, 08:34 PM   #19
Isoverity

I am currently:

Demon ^ lol

Old 29-09-2012, 12:37 AM   #20
whirlpools

I believe I have had a fairly large chunk of paranormal experience in my mid-teens. However I don't tend to consider it so much a set of 'ghostly' experiences, and actually find myself quite sceptical when watching ghost programmes on TV.

The following content has been hidden - Reason : Long-winded story, contains references to my mental health, mind-numbingly boring tbf.
When I was 16-18 I was in the midst of one of the worst periods of my 'illness'. I was extremely agitated (like I would literally pace and pace, hit the walls, kick the walls, cry hysterically, rock, tear at myself, shout etc. every night, sometimes from around 11pm right up to 7am). I had emerging psychotic symptoms and a LOT of energy!

Concurrently, strange things started to happen in my house. I started to see shadows and lights when it was dark (could have been mild hallucinations), lights started to go on and off, the fire alarms would sometimes go off in the middle of the night, the sound would turn deafening on the TV without anyone touching it/the remote, or turn on/off, my portable electrical equipment would do the same, things went missing a lot, and one weird evening I went downstairs only to find that the CD player had turned on, had skipped to track 10 and was playing it on repeat (I had been down 15mins earlier and it was switched off - I hadn't turned it on and nobody else was in the house).

It wasn't just me in the house who was distressed. There would be blazing rows every night between family members and even the dog used to randomly 'freak out'! The atmosphere was pretty bad, and things were so tense that my parents later admitted they'd considered having our house exorcised.

In my village, there were three Druids stones nicknamed Devil's Arrows (think a mini-Stonehenge). Some say such a thing exists called 'leylines' - lines of energy that run under the earth, which supposedly can be negative or positive, and are rumoured to have helped Druids of the olden days to move those big old stones. Apparently, the leyline under the village ran right under our house! Could that have accounted for the misery in that house? *Insert Twilight Zone theme here*.

Or could it be (in my very simplistic understanding of science) that energy transfers into matter - ie. all that excess energy I had going into the electrical system and buggering things up a bit, as well as, naturally, the high anxiety of the people (and pooches) around me.

I dunno! Make of all that what you will (I suggest that, although the experiences are true, the leyline interpretation is probably rubbish). Although something was definitely amiss in that house, I suspect my view of myself and the world around me had a big part in the way I viewed it as a malevolent presence at the time. I moved out of that house 6 years ago and happily things have been much more settled.

whirlpools is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)