Live Help

Forum Jump

Old 17-01-2012, 10:12 PM   #21
Fry

I am currently:

Glad to hear that they're going to do further tests even if the blood tests are normal. The seizures sound really nasty :/
Can certainly understand feeling nervous because you don't know when the next one will happen. Try and take it easy, hopefully you'll hear back soon about what'll happen next in terms of tests and stuff.

Stop thinking about what I want, what he wants, what your parents want. What do you want?

(Used to be ~sonic~)

Old 18-01-2012, 01:47 PM   #22
Steel Maiden
There is no place like 127.0.0.1

Thanks. I had another seizure this morning :/, although it was less severe than the previous ones; I'll try and stay relaxed.

However now I have a strong burning feeling accompanied by increased heat production in the whole of the right side of my head and face. The left side is fine. My right eye hurts and even my the right side of my nose feels more stuffy than the left. I was going to research this in my textbooks but I am not sure what the medical term for this is.

The blood test - I'm going tomorrow at 9am.

Last edited by Steel Maiden : 18-01-2012 at 01:48 PM. Reason: additional

PM me if you want a PDF copy of the ICD-10 or the Mental Health Act 1983/2007. I ALSO HAVE THE DSM-V BOOK and am a pharmacology student.

I have a visual impairment / neurological problems so I need people to type in clear text and no funny fonts. Also excuse any typos, my vision blocks things out.
I have autism and have problems communicating, PMs included.
Just becasue I type well doesn't mean I speak well. I am only part time verbal.

Old 18-01-2012, 05:01 PM   #23
Fry

I am currently:

Do you have a walk-in centre near you that you could go to? to be checked out before the blood-test is done / results back. Even if you could look it up in your text-books, it's not nice to have to research your own symptoms whilst they're actually happening. That's up to the doctors to do, really.
I don't know what the heat symptom etc. is about, but it sounds worrying what with what has happened already. I hope you're feeling better by now.

Stop thinking about what I want, what he wants, what your parents want. What do you want?

(Used to be ~sonic~)

Old 19-01-2012, 09:03 AM   #24
Steel Maiden

Thanks. There isn't a walk-in centre anywhere near me unfortunately (although there is one 5 miles away). But I am going to get the blood test done today. I feel physically a lot better today but that doesn't change the probability of a seizure. I'm going to ask to be referred to the neurologist. My sleep was better than normal last night though.

PM me if you want a PDF copy of the ICD-10 or the Mental Health Act 1983/2007. I ALSO HAVE THE DSM-V BOOK and am a pharmacology student.

I have a visual impairment / neurological problems so I need people to type in clear text and no funny fonts. Also excuse any typos, my vision blocks things out.

Old 19-01-2012, 10:39 AM   #25
Steel Maiden

I'm in the blood testing clinic right now.

Old 19-01-2012, 12:42 PM   #26
Animad

I just want to say that it may take some time for you to see a neurologist. It is a service that many hospitals do not have and so the ones that do often have a long waiting list (I've got an appt with one next week and was referred back in July though I'm not saying that is the norm; I asked to see a specific one he's really sought after and I'm in an area where fewer places do neurology. In London several places do it so you may get one faster).

Also, I'm not saying for def it is a seizure but it sounds like something of that nature as they can take a huge variety of forms. Hopefully a neuro will be able to help further and they can also sort out further tests such as CT/ MRI scans or an EEG (where they look at the electrical activity in your brain and may do certain things to try and see if theres things which make it more abnormal) to see what's going on if they feel these are necessary.

Old 19-01-2012, 12:49 PM   #27
Animad

With regards to your other symptoms that you have started up with, if they happen again then I suggest you go to A&E at the time of them happening. Even if you went to a Walk-In Centre they'd send you to A&E as Walk-In Centres are only designed to deal with minor things such as colds/ minor chest infections/ urinary tract infections/ eat infections/ allergies (not anaphalactic shock though) and things of a similar level. They are usually nurse run, often with Nurse Practitioners incharge (Nurses which have extra qualifications in general type things that you'd maybe see a GP about and are allowed to diagnose and prscribe more than a nurse without this), though some are run primarily by GPs and have nurses just doing the triage and other roles.

Old 19-01-2012, 01:16 PM   #28
Steel Maiden

Thanks Animad. I understand that there are waitings lists though. I have an A&E dept a two minute walk away from my house so I can go there any time. I haven't had a major episode today but I have been feeling a bit unsteady. I managed to go to Wimbledon but didn't stay there for long. Now I am going to see my social worker. My head feels a bit odd, like I'm floating and things look different. I am hoping to get the blood test results next Monday or Tuesday. In the meantime I will take care.

Old 21-01-2012, 04:31 PM   #29
Animad

Are you eating and drinking properly and managing to keep that down? I can't remember right now if you have an ED or not at the moment. If you have then please try to eat and drink at regular intervals, even if just small amounts (and try not to purge if that applies). If you haven't then still, I know a lot of people forget sometimes to eat/ drink especially when they have a lot to do/ are stressed and this won't help/ may be the cause of head feeling a "bit odd" and feeling like "you're floating" so I would make sure that you keep that in check if possible but I do understand that that is much easier said than done if you do have eating problems.

Have you had your psych meds looked at recently? The could be a partial cause for what is happening so next time you see a psychiatrist/ similar or even your GP then maybe I would bring that up and see what they say as some meds, especially those acting on the brain, can have big effects on you neurologically and can result in seizures and similar.

Old 23-01-2012, 01:41 PM   #30
Steel Maiden

Thank you.

I don't have an ED. But I do have multiple physical health conditions which do affect me.

I have been eating quite well.

I feel better today and managed to go to uni. I agree on the stress issue - I have been stressed lately.

I know from my pharmacology knowledge that seizures rarely occur with two of my meds. Also dizziness is a side-effect of both of them. But I don't see why these possible side-effects have come on so suddenly, and several months after I last had my meds doses changed.

I am seeing my psychiatrist on Friday. I tried to find my blood test results today and the line was constantly busy. The line is shut now.

I have started my period today but I have never had seizure-like episodes before my period!

I have heard that seizures are fairly common in people on the autism spectrum though.

Old 23-01-2012, 07:06 PM   #31
Bellatrix
Voldemort's Bitch

Do you take anticonvulsants? for your schizophrenia, Oly?

Imperfection is underrated.

Old 23-01-2012, 07:50 PM   #32
Steel Maiden

No, I don't.

I take 15mg aripiprazole and 20mg olanzapine.

Old 23-01-2012, 09:30 PM   #33
Bellatrix
Voldemort's Bitch

I don't know about aripiprazole, but I know when I was on Olanzapine, I was told there was a potential for a side effect of seizures.

Imperfection is underrated.

Old 24-01-2012, 07:00 PM   #34
Steel Maiden

I found a research paper that said that seizures rarely occur with aripiprazole.

Will ask my support worker to help me call the Results Line (for blood tests) tomorrow as I couldn't do it today.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)