Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 21-10-2010, 05:13 PM   #1
Habibi

I am currently:
Thyroid Diseases

I suffered with Thyroid Issues, Thyroid problems, can contribute to vitalago, goiters, staring eyes etc, weight issues such as having problems with losing tons of weight or gaining tons weight, and even psychitric problems like mania, and schizophrenia the problems thyroid issues can cause go on for miles. Many people suffer from Thyroid Disease. Mine caused extreme weight loss, a goiter, staring eyes and pigmentation loss (not vitalago in my case). It was caused by radiation exposer, and went away when i cut iodine consumtion way down. Salt contains Iodine, which is a culpart in keeping thyroid issues alive. I have heard of thyroid problems resulting in an iodine defiency. I do eat regular salt, I cut my portions down. I had a really bad habit of eating massive amounts of salty foods. Which only irratated what needed to heal. (now I use a "normal" amount of salt

My thyroid has went flat and has been flat for exactly one year, my pigmention came back,and that "eye lock" compleaty went away. After years of docs and thyroid meds, nothing helped. Only thing I did differn't last year was not use as much salt containing iodine and pray that the thing goes away(yes im spirituel) ..now its gone!

This is not a pic of my thyroid, but this is exactly what it used to look like with a goiter. It caused a great deal of suffering

Women are at the greatest risk, developing thyroid problems seven times more often than men. A woman faces as high as a one in five chance of developing thyroid problems during her lifetime, a risk that increases with age and for those with a family history of thyroid problems. Types of thyroid disease hyper throidism, Enlargement of the thyroid, Enlargement of the thyroid and unatactive thyroid.

Some Causes of Thyroid Disease

What causes thyroid problems? There are a variety of factors that can contribute to the development of thyroid problems:
•Exposure to radiation,Overconsumption,Some drugs, such as lithium and the heart drug cordarone, can cause hypothyroidism,An overconsumption or shortage of iodine in the diet can also trigger some thyroid problems.Overconsumption of uncooked "goitrogenic" foods, such as brussels sprouts, broccoli, rutabaga, turnips, kohlrabi, radishes, cauliflower, African cassava, millet, babassu, cabbage and kale
•Surgical treatments •Radioactive iodine treatment

note: this is not a fact sheet or ment for anyone to self diagnosis themself. The causes and defination was just me not an MD explaining, a bit about what it is.

Iwas hoping to contect with other suffers, with similare issues, and discuss the matter.

Last edited by Habibi : 21-10-2010 at 06:22 PM.

♫Psycho chick, psycho babe, psycho person, psycho ways, psycho in the car, psycho in the bar, psycho in the far, psycho on the ceiling, psycho on the floor psycho just can't take it any more!!!♫

Habibi is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 21-10-2010, 05:37 PM   #2
Schleier von Dunst
Let the music express the unexpressable.

I am currently:

Erm... do you have a point?

Das Leben ich(The life of me)

Schleier von Dunst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2010, 06:07 PM   #3
MissAnonymous

I am currently:

If this is meant to be a health fact sheet type post they're not permitted on RYL unless written by a FAA. Im sorry to hear you have been so unwell with this disease.

MissAnonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2010, 06:13 PM   #4
Habibi

I am currently:

oh anoymous its not medical advice or a fact sheet. It was more of a rant about my struggle that eventuelly improved. I posted some info about thyroid being that i was talking about my issues with it, and wanted to explain what it is. :)

FAA? do you mean the FDA?

Last edited by Habibi : 21-10-2010 at 06:23 PM.

♫Psycho chick, psycho babe, psycho person, psycho ways, psycho in the car, psycho in the bar, psycho in the far, psycho on the ceiling, psycho on the floor psycho just can't take it any more!!!♫

Old 21-10-2010, 06:17 PM   #5
MissAnonymous

I am currently:

I mean First Aid Advisor. What's FDA?

MissAnonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2010, 06:33 PM   #6
Habibi

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissAnonymous View Post
I mean First Aid Advisor. What's FDA?
oh ok, your orginal post says FAA: I pulled up The Federal aviation administration, when i googled it. FDA is: federal drug administration

Old 21-10-2010, 08:54 PM   #7
Breeze
dizzy dyke

I have had an over active thyroid (about a decade ago) and am now underactive.
I didn't even realise I was underactive. All the symptoms were the same as aneamia as I was back then (diagnosed underactive 2 years ago)
They retested 3 times as I was wuite underweight at the time and IP for depression and Anorexia.

When I was overactive... 10 or more yrs ago... Boy I felt it! Hot sweats, flushes, racing heart ALL the time. weight lose (I was 'normal' weight)
I was constantly on edge and jittery and I it was all physical jitters. I wasn't that depressed or stressed, a little but not enough to say it was the symptoms of stress. I knew something was wrong and getting it diagnosed was so hard.

Finally I did get the results and got treatment, 2 years on meds and I was fine.
Then randomly 10 or so years later I'm underactive. Yet apart from the symptoms of aneamia I don't really feel it when it goes low.

I guess I'm lucky with it.
My 'biological' mum has it also so I blame her for me having it too!

(maybe this thread should be in general forum?)

I want to kiss the bottom of the ocean before I burst through its surface into the sunlight, otherwise I will always be wondering about what was left unseen at the bottom

i'm tired of chasing my dreams.
i'm just gonna ask where they're going,
and hook up with them later.

Previously Kelpie

Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2010, 09:38 PM   #8
Habibi

I am currently:

Breeze thanks for sharing you sound like you been through allot like me Besides weight loss did it cause any other changes that where visible on you body or face?

can you imagine having a goiter as a 11-15 year oldt, it was garanted torture by my peers. When I was 11 it actuelly caused some weird rash to break out on my face :( Goiter plus rash plus my big nose made me a walking target, for extreme bullying. not my old nose was not caused by throid issues haha, just genetics :P

The moderaters can move this to where ever they feel its appropriate. maybe general is the best place? idk I stuck it under first aid because its a medical disoder/disease.

Old 21-10-2010, 11:50 PM   #9
Animad

Right, as this is asking for support and is not seeking the medical advice, the First Aid Forum is not really the right place to be.

I was confused at first and thought that you'd written what seemed to be an article on Thyroid problems (with some innacuracies) and things without checking it out with the First Aid Advisors (FAAs) first which are currently me and Bitter_Angel (KimB). If this is done it can lead to people getting the wrong advice (not saying this was your intention) but that if everyone were to write say an article on a first aid topic (which I realise now that this is not) and put it down then there would probably be a lot of problems that we'd have to look at and change as well as potentially having to look to ensure there was no plagerism. Though, on reading it the whole way through I realise this was not your intention which is fine as otherwise it would've been deleted so it may be worth putting at the start that it is not an First Aid/ Medical Article or that it's not been written/ approved by the FA Team (when we write them we constantly edit and work together, looking at many resources to get the info right so it isn't a case of us just getting something down on here in the vast majority of times (apart from things like what you need for a basic first aid kit)), or even just saying that it's not an article and you just want support; I'll leave it up to you to decide what to put.

I also wanted to say that some people also suffer from hyperthyroidism which is the opposite problem but can equally cause an awful lot of issues and damage and therefore people with this should also feel free to post in this thread and then it may end up being more helpful and lead to a bigger supportive community to help everyone and talk about YOUR experiences.

Because you're wanting support I am going to move this into General Support and Advice. If you want it moving elsewhere then feel free to contact a mod who can do that; I'm unable to as I only have powers to move things out of this forum.

I hope you can understand my reasoning behind me moving this,
KimA, RYL First Aid Advisor.

Animad is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)