RYL Forums

Forum Jump

Old 22-04-2010, 04:39 AM   #1
SadGirl55

Having Less Calories & Periods

Can having less calories a day than what your suppossed to be having make u miss periods??

Old 22-04-2010, 08:40 AM   #2
GoodEnoughSoon
:)

I am currently:

If you're weight drops too low it can cause your periods to stop.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Old 22-04-2010, 09:14 AM   #3
makedamnsure

I am currently:

Yes, if you lose too much weight periods can stop. Or losing weight too quickly. But other things such as stress can also have the same effect. Basically anything that makes your body feel like it wouldn't be able to support a pregnancy.

Courtesy
Integrity
Perseverance
Self Control
Indomitable Spirit

Old 22-04-2010, 03:02 PM   #4
SadGirl55

How can your periods stop if your weight drops too low??
What is too low??

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustByChance View Post
If you're weight drops too low it can cause your periods to stop.

Old 22-04-2010, 03:03 PM   #5
SadGirl55

How can losing weight to quickly cause your periods to stop??
What should u do about it??

Quote:
Originally Posted by makedamnsure View Post
Yes, if you lose too much weight periods can stop. Or losing weight too quickly. But other things such as stress can also have the same effect. Basically anything that makes your body feel like it wouldn't be able to support a pregnancy.

Old 22-04-2010, 03:05 PM   #6
x_broken_hearted_x

I am currently:

what is too low?? when your underweight that is when you are too low. is this a problem for you? have your periods stopped? mabie see your gp

<3 <3 <3 Love you with all my heart baby girl. I miss you so much 21/11/11 RIP beautiful

Old 22-04-2010, 03:07 PM   #7
SadGirl55

I'm not underweight though. The last day of my period was March 2nd.
But some days of the week I think I might be eating less calories than what I'm suppossed to be eating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by x_tears_will_flow_x View Post
what is too low?? when your underweight that is when you are too low. is this a problem for you? have your periods stopped? mabie see your gp

Old 22-04-2010, 03:07 PM   #8
~Grace~

My periods stopped because i was badly anaemic...maybe thats something you could get checked out when you go to the doctors xx

Old 22-04-2010, 03:09 PM   #9
x_broken_hearted_x

I am currently:

^^^ this. go to get checked out

<3 <3 <3 Love you with all my heart baby girl. I miss you so much 21/11/11 RIP beautiful

Old 22-04-2010, 03:09 PM   #10
Bellatrix
Voldemort's Bitch

I am currently:

Generally, if your body fat % drops below a certain %, you are likely to lose your periods.

Likewise, if you are a healthy weight, overweight, or your body fat % is higher than that you can still stop having your periods if you are not taking in adequate nutrition.

Basically, anything that will make it difficult for your body to carry a child to term will, over a period of time, cause you to stop menstruation until conditions are again adequate to handle pregnancy.

Last edited by Mrs Sam : 23-04-2010 at 08:31 PM. Reason: removed numbers as could be inadvertently tip sharing

Imperfection is underrated.

Old 22-04-2010, 03:22 PM   #11
SadGirl55

what were your symptoms of being anaemic?
how do u know that your periods stoped cause of being anaemic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Grace~ View Post
My periods stopped because i was badly anaemic...maybe thats something you could get checked out when you go to the doctors xx

Old 22-04-2010, 03:23 PM   #12
SadGirl55

how would I know if my my body fat droped below % or if it's higher than that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeaCulpa View Post
Generally, if your body fat % drops below %, you are likely to lose your periods.

Likewise, if you are a healthy weight, overweight, or your body fat % is higher than you can still stop having your periods if you are not taking in adequate nutrition.

Basically, anything that will make it difficult for your body to carry a child to term will, over a period of time, cause you to stop menstruation until conditions are again adequate to handle pregnancy.

Last edited by Mrs Sam : 23-04-2010 at 08:32 PM. Reason: removed numbers as inadvertently tip sharing
Old 22-04-2010, 03:30 PM   #13
x_broken_hearted_x

I am currently:

you would know if ure body fat went below that % trust me. and im sure you should go to your doctor to arise your concerns with her/him

Last edited by Mrs Sam : 23-04-2010 at 08:33 PM. Reason: removed numbers as inadvertently tip sharing

Old 22-04-2010, 03:31 PM   #14
Hollz
Daffodil

I am currently:

I think it would be best if you went and spoke to the doctor, there is several issues now which you need to ask them about, so just go and see them and ask away, because most of the information you are asking for on here would probs be tip sharing and it doesn't matter what percentage etc etc, everybody is different, we aint all the same so what might be for one person, isn't for another.

You will only get the right answers, by speaking to your gp.

Something has changed within me, something is not the same, I'm through with playing by the rules of someone elses game. Too late for second guessing, too late to go back to sleep, its time to trust my instincts, close my eyes and leap....
Somethings I cannot change, but till I try I'll never know...
Big hugs to all my friends on here, thanks for your constant support - love you guys

Old 22-04-2010, 03:38 PM   #15
SadGirl55

ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollz View Post
I think it would be best if you went and spoke to the doctor, there is several issues now which you need to ask them about, so just go and see them and ask away, because most of the information you are asking for on here would probs be tip sharing and it doesn't matter what percentage etc etc, everybody is different, we aint all the same so what might be for one person, isn't for another.

Old 22-04-2010, 03:39 PM   #16
Hollz
Daffodil

I am currently:

Are you going to make an appt then, and don't just wait till you need a new script like you were saying, make an appt and go tomorrow, as you have several issues I think you should be discussing with them.

Something has changed within me, something is not the same, I'm through with playing by the rules of someone elses game. Too late for second guessing, too late to go back to sleep, its time to trust my instincts, close my eyes and leap....
Somethings I cannot change, but till I try I'll never know...
Big hugs to all my friends on here, thanks for your constant support - love you guys

Old 22-04-2010, 03:52 PM   #17
SadGirl55

ok I will.But she's alway's busy so I doubt that I will beable to get in tomorrow.

Quote:
Are you going to make an appt then, and don't just wait till you need a new script like you were saying, make an appt and go tomorrow, as you have several issues I think you should be discussing with them.

Old 22-04-2010, 03:55 PM   #18
Entropy

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadGirl55 View Post
I'm not underweight though. The last day of my period was March 2nd.
But some days of the week I think I might be eating less calories than what I'm suppossed to be eating.
Then your periods won't have stopped due to under nutrition/ being underweight and you won't have under that % body fat. But tbh you've only missed one they say don't worry until you've missed three so you'll probably be fine..

Last edited by Mrs Sam : 23-04-2010 at 08:33 PM. Reason: removed numbers as inadvertently tip sharing

"this is the room where you don't have to be brave"

Old 22-04-2010, 03:56 PM   #19
MissAnonymous

I am currently:

Quote:

Your Dr is the best person to answer these questions, please see them rather than asking people on here who honestly cant help answer your questions.

Old 22-04-2010, 04:11 PM   #20
SadGirl55

yea that's true

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
Then your periods won't have stopped due to under nutrition/ being underweight and you won't have under that % body fat. But tbh you've only missed one they say don't worry until you've missed three so you'll probably be fine..

Last edited by Mrs Sam : 23-04-2010 at 08:34 PM. Reason: removed numbers as inadvertently tip sharing

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)