Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 16-04-2017, 05:00 PM   #1
Faustus
Life is getting better, but its hard.

I am currently:
It's been years but I'm struggling

Hi all,

When my 14 year old niece took her own live nearly 4 years ago I made a promise to stop SI and got a beautiful tattoo in her memory in the area I used to cut.

Its not been easy but since then I have been mostly SI free (full disclosure i had a couple of slips early on but in a different area I did not find the same release).

The last 6 months or so have been so stressful, with a chronic conditions that I take very powerful painkillers, problems with housing which is still on going and relationship issues I'm finding it harder and harder to deal with.

I don't drink because of the tablets i'm on however i do smoke weed mainly to help with pain control and stress, but recently i'm using more as its one of the only things that helps when triggered. I know this is unhealthy but I don't know what else to do but give in.

I just needed to get this out so thank you for the chance to rant.

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity" - E.A Poe

Faustus is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 16-04-2017, 06:42 PM   #2
Sketchy

I am currently:

You've been and going through a lot. Are you getting any support for this? It might be good to talk to someone.

I wish I had advice, but I have read and hope things get better for you.

Sketchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2017, 06:56 PM   #3
Faustus
Life is getting better, but its hard.

I am currently:

Not really,mh wise I'm the healthier between me and the wife . I have tried talking to her but that always ends badly. I'm just trying to hang on for another month when the housing problem will be over.
Thank you for reading and your kind words, that helps

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity" - E.A Poe

Faustus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2017, 01:20 PM   #4
Sooty
Sophie

I am currently:

Hi Faustus,

I'm sorry to hear that you are struggling at the moment. It sounds like you've gone through so much. I understand the pain of loss from suicide and to have that with all the physical health problems and housing problems, it's bound to have an affect on your mental health. Are you able to seek some sort of support separately from your wife? Perhaps from your GP or a friend or family member? I think with everything you've got going on, it's important that you are not going through this alone.

Sophie.x

Soon... Now will be then...Today will be yesterday... Present will be past...And thought will be memory... So...Live for the future! Make your future how you want it!

Sooty is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)