Live Help

Forum Jump

Old 12-11-2011, 01:23 AM   #21
Fry

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadGirl55 View Post
Where u from??
I'm not sure if they have Buscopan in the USA??
Butylscopolamine is the generic name of Buscopan, it's more than likely that the US has this marketed under a different brand name. Ask your doctor. It's used as an antispasmodic which treats all the abdominal symptoms associated with IBS, such as the bloating you've described.

Stop thinking about what I want, what he wants, what your parents want. What do you want?

(Used to be ~sonic~)

Old 12-11-2011, 05:23 AM   #22
SadGirl55

does it also help with not being able to have a bowel movement??
(constipation)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Sonic~ View Post
Butylscopolamine is the generic name of Buscopan, it's more than likely that the US has this marketed under a different brand name. Ask your doctor. It's used as an antispasmodic which treats all the abdominal symptoms associated with IBS, such as the bloating you've described.

Old 12-11-2011, 06:21 PM   #23
Fry

I am currently:

I don't know, maybe you should look it up. Diet is very important when you have IBS as well.

Stop thinking about what I want, what he wants, what your parents want. What do you want?

(Used to be ~sonic~)

Old 12-11-2011, 08:45 PM   #24
offlineforever
Left RYL

I think seen as you have IBS you should speak to your doctor about this...

Left.

Old 12-11-2011, 09:37 PM   #25
SadGirl55

How is diet important??
Like what all do u mean by diet??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Sonic~ View Post
I don't know, maybe you should look it up. Diet is very important when you have IBS as well.

Old 12-11-2011, 09:39 PM   #26
SadGirl55

I'm going to if I remember to but can't get in to see her for 2 weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Colbertface View Post
I think seen as you have IBS you should speak to your doctor about this...

Old 12-11-2011, 09:41 PM   #27
Fry

I am currently:

There's too much about diet for me to ALL advise you about it, so I think waiting two weeks to see your doctor about it would be your best bet. It's not really that long to wait when you think about it.

(Used to be ~sonic~)

Old 12-11-2011, 09:48 PM   #28
Cacoethes
ˇViva la Revolución!

I am currently:

why dont you google the definition of diet.

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 12-11-2011, 10:16 PM   #29
offlineforever
Left RYL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletts Web View Post
why dont you google the definition of diet.
IBS diet rather than just diet.

I know of several people who have to avoid certain foods due to their IBS, has this not all been explained to you when you were diagnosed?

Left.

Old 13-11-2011, 03:41 AM   #30
Pomegranate
Petulant

I am currently:

How about trialling this magical device called google? Or if that does not provide you with the attention you desire or require then maybe look up local helplines i.e samaritans or whatever your countries equivalent is. Google is your friend.

*Proud Plumeria Sister*

Old 13-11-2011, 10:19 AM   #31
Caru y Nos

^ As much as I hate to put forward the obvious/potentially upset someone... I agree with you.

Two threads have already been locked in the past couple of days and all of them take up far too much time for basic things like defining 'diet'. Time which could be put into supporting others, rather than leading the thread into a circle. In the past month nearly 20 threads have been made, those that haven't been locked have continued like this one in one form or another. I'm not saying don't ask for advice, or trying to be negative, not at all, but from what the every-day member can see is a lack of inhibition to research things yourself. Which then means when you genuinely ask for advice or clarification it's met with pass-aggressive or stale replies: that's unfair on both us and yourself. If you feel it's attention-related or something else, seek help for it or ask for help regards to that instead of numerous irrelevant and artificially long-drawn threads.

Honestly, we're here to help but it does seem like our replies are just been mocked. We won't and don't judge, but equally if we (i.e. numerous members) say it's only something a doctor can deal with then you need to see a doctor for your own health; there's nothing more we can do beyond that. I hope that clarifies how things here work - we're not miracle workers, just other individuals trying to gain support, too.

Please try to take this on board - I'm becoming a little intolerant now and I'm sure you'd like to be in a situation where you'd get decent answers to things, without people trying to mock or get infuriated.

Take Care,
Joshua (-trying-his-best-to-take-you-seriously)

Dead to the world. Alive for the journey

Old 13-11-2011, 06:28 PM   #32
-Carpe Diem
This Member is currently Banned

I am currently:

If you have got an official diagnosis of IBS, shouldn't you have been through all of this with your Dr; diet, best ways to cope with your triggers etc?

Old 14-11-2011, 08:46 AM   #33
talaiporia
Chat Mod

I am currently:

Ask your GP, but it could be stress-related, so something for stress might help. My twin is taking something for stress and it fixed her stomach.

It doesn't matter where you come from; it matters where you go.
No-one gets remembered for the things they didn't do.
We won't all be here this time next year,
so while you can take a picture of us.
We're definitely going to hell,
but we'll have all the best stories to tell.

Old 14-11-2011, 12:04 PM   #34
[Purple_Rain]
Forum Mod

I am currently:

This thread is being closed due to the first aid rules of being under the care of your doctor already.

"I would be almighty in my own world of art, even if I had to paint my pictures with my wet tongue on the dusty floor of my cell." -Picasso
"No, painting is not done to decorate apartments. It is an instrument of war." - Picasso

'I have scars becuase I have a past; but they, like my past, do not define my future'

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)