RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 21-10-2008, 07:39 PM   #21
UnanimousAnonymous

I am currently:

i think its entirely down to you, if it means that much to you, go for it.
How about designing some, telling us a few ideas? i think some of the responses have been pretty harsh to be honest.
I think the orange ribbon idea is good though :)
Please dont be put off by some of the comments, tell us your ideas :) xxxxx

Through the dark, a strand of light, the light continued to get bright, with it came the strength to fight (Gem)

UnanimousAnonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2008, 07:44 PM   #22
typsee

I am currently:

thank you to the people who expressed their opinions in a respectful and polite way.

To the others - if you dont think this RYL tattoo is a good idea, there are alot of different ways to express that opinion WITHOUT being rude to the thread-starter.

Please be respectful in what you said ... the mods are watching this thread closely.

typsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2008, 07:58 PM   #23
user_name

I am currently:

I don't think an ryl tattoo would be a good idea. Would be interested to see the ideas though.

user_name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2008, 07:59 PM   #24
user_name

I am currently:

If you want a piece or ryl...buy a bracelet or something... don't ink it onto your skin forever!

user_name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2008, 08:01 PM   #25
Spork.
-

I am currently:

Not my cup of tea Dommie but hey, your body. If it's something you want then go for it.

Spork. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2008, 08:05 PM   #26
Dicky T

Nelly the elephant packed her tunk and said "goodbye" to the circus,
Off she went with a trumpa-te-trump, trump trump trump.

Dicky!

Old 21-10-2008, 08:20 PM   #27
Buttons.
Never knowing...a helping hand or hell to pay?

I am currently:

Quote:
Hey.
I've got to say i like the idea...
If something has impacted on your life so much...well why not...
Maybe you should draw it in pen on you before you make the decision to actually go and get it done so you will know how it make you feel and if it is triggery or not...

x

'Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.'

['There is only one thing we say to death. Not today'.']

'We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell.’ – Oscar Wilde
‘It’s hard to dance with the devil on your back.’ Sydney Carter

Buttons. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2008, 08:22 PM   #28
gypsyroselee
a lack of colour.

I am currently:

lord.
don't do it.

I roll over and hold on tightly, and whisper "If they want you, they're gonna have to fight me,"

gypsyroselee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2008, 09:57 PM   #29
HideousKinky
The artist formally known as Domino...

Christ you lot know how to do drama, i think some of you are being incredibly overdramatic about this lol. I dont know how long you have all been on this site but a few years ago there was talk over whether anyone had got any form of ryl tattoo and whether anyone would get one etc. I was merely bringing up the topic, I am about to get my final tattoo and i wasnt exactly going to get Recoveryourlife or RYL tattooed on me somewhere, hell i barely even come on here anymore.

But so far I have two tattoos that symbolise big things in my life and remind me of certain times, the first I got at the end of school and it reminds me of some great times, the second was me turning 18 and the end of college and more great times. I was debating whether or not I should get something to remind me of university life (following the theme) and I didnt want a pint of beer tattooed on me or anything haha. Anyhow, a lot of the past 6 years (yeah im in my 7th year of uni, crazy or what) has been spent getting my head together and finally getting to a place where I can now say I havent self harmed in over a year and that I am actually happy. A lot of that I owe to RYL and the people on here. I was merely thinking of something to represent that.

I am especially talented in mirror writing, and ruinyourlife (the old site name) written in swirly mirror writing looks very pretty and doesnt even look like english, it looks like its written in elvish or something which is kind of cool. I cant show you a picture of it unfortunately as my computer is being a **** and for some reason wont let me upload it but take my word for it it looks pretty cool and if anyone asks I will just say it symbolises happiness or something, I dunno, I dont really care what I tell people.

As for some of your ruder comments, to be honest I dont care because I have absolutely no regard for anyone who chooses to be rude to me, it really doesnt make the slightest bit of difference to my life but maybe you should think about being a little bit nicer since some people are more sensitive than I am and you could upset someone!!

HideousKinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2008, 10:01 PM   #30
lydia.

Quote:
As for some of your ruder comments, to be honest I dont care because I have absolutely no regard for anyone who chooses to be rude to me, it really doesnt make the slightest bit of difference to my life but maybe you should think about being a little bit nicer since some people are more sensitive than I am and you could upset someone!!

i like you. wise.

lydia. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2008, 10:01 PM   #31
Spoons

I am currently:

people were just giving opinions on getting a ryl tattoo, theres no big drama. some think its a bad idea some think its good. Theres always going to be 2 sides.

i wanna see the picture though, im intrigued. hopefully your computer will co operate later

We are not our failures...

Spoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2008, 10:06 PM   #32
HideousKinky
The artist formally known as Domino...

il just add, from conversation in chat, the scars on my body are permanent and serve enough of a reminder of this place already, i may aswell have a cool tattoo to go with them! :D

HideousKinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2008, 10:12 PM   #33
Heidi Tiger
Loon NOS

I am currently:

That is such a valid point. I never hear anyone going "omg you cut yourself, don't you know you're stuck with those scars forever"

Reality leaves a lot to the imagination

Heidi Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2008, 10:12 PM   #34
PropheticStar

Dommikins! Can you show us your design when you can? I'm really eager to see what it looks like. I know you wouldn't be silly enough to get something like the recoveryourlife.com logo.

Ah, if only people sought out more information rather then jumping on the judgemental bandwagon. Sad really. And you're right. That sort of forceful disagreement which is quite rude to be honest, could really upset someone.

Anyway, long story short, me want see design! :)

Old 21-10-2008, 10:14 PM   #35
Spoons

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HideousKinky View Post
il just add, from conversation in chat, the scars on my body are permanent and serve enough of a reminder of this place already, i may aswell have a cool tattoo to go with them! :D

good logic
thats my justification for getting a tatto, my body is covered in horrible scars, i might aswell add something cool and pretty thats stuck with me for life, balance things out a bit

We are not our failures...

Spoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2008, 10:19 PM   #36
Freedom Fighter

sounds cool

Then wear the gold hat, if that will move her;
If you can bounce high, bounce for her too,
Till she cry "Lover, gold-hatted, high-bouncing lover,
I must have you!"

Thomas Parke D’Invilliers

Freedom Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2008, 10:41 PM   #37
RenewedHope
formerly: Ghosted Liberation & GhostsInSnow

I am currently:

Hun I think if you really want it then go for it =]

RenewedHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2008, 11:13 PM   #38
Buttercup.
loveeeeeee

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HideousKinky View Post

wow that is so true!

the swirly mirror writing sounds really cool, if your computer decides to let you, defnitely post some pictures of ideas you have. where are you thinking of getting your tattoo?

I wanna stay inside all day
I want the world to go away

Buttercup. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2008, 11:40 PM   #39
Queen Crabbit
Are you a florist?

I am currently:

If I ever got my back-piece done, I'd have a flower put on it that would represent to me RYL. Not the website itself, but all the amazing life-long friends I've made here, and all the **** I've gone through that bought me here but that I got out of the other side, and the fact that these people that I've met have helped me start living life again, and I love them all to bits.

Just my 2p.

&& then buffy staked edward. the end.

Queen Crabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2008, 12:20 AM   #40
Day Tripper
shannon

I am currently:

Dom, just get sandwich burger done. I'm all you need.

No, but really, like Erin, I'd love to see the design.

Day Tripper is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)