RYL Forums

Forum Jump

Old 11-05-2009, 11:39 PM   #1
farawayfairy

I am currently:
Triggering (SI) - annoying dressings

Okay, I hardly ever post in here but I could do with some advice if anyone has any ideas.

How do you deal with keeping a dressing on? They drive me insane and I'm really struggling not to take this one off but I know I need to keep it on and have it covered for at least a week (have been told by the dr/nurses). It's not that I'm itchy or allergic to it but it annoys me so much and I just want to take it off. I'm getting clean dressings from the pharmacy tomorrow so I'll change it then and be able to have it off for a little while whilst I do that but does anyone have any ideas how I can cope with it being on for now? Possibly one of the most annoying things is that I can't flex my wrist back properly with it on. If anyone has any suggestions I would be very grateful!

Thanks xx

2 Hugs Given By :
Old 11-05-2009, 11:42 PM   #2
Katiee
It's full of lonely.

I am currently:

Could you not put it on so tight, so you are able to move your wrist? That's all I can think of. Sorry. xo.

<3.

Old 11-05-2009, 11:43 PM   #3
farawayfairy

I am currently:

It's not on tightly, it's just that the sticky bit covers a large area on the bottom of my wrist and so when I try to bend my wrist backwards it pulls.

Thanks for replying though :)

Old 11-05-2009, 11:46 PM   #4
Katiee
It's full of lonely.

I am currently:

Ohh I see! Well, I don't have any suggestions then, sorry sweetie. *hugs* xo.

<3.

Old 11-05-2009, 11:48 PM   #5
farawayfairy

I am currently:

It's ok, thanks anyway. I'm wondering whether it would be ok to change the dressing to one of the other ones I have which would be so annoying. It's just that it wouldn't be sterile, which I'm not usually bothered about but this one is worse than usual and so I'm trying to prevent infection. It would only be until tomorrow afternoon, I wonder whether it would be ok.

Old 11-05-2009, 11:50 PM   #6
elise elend

I am currently:

How long have you had it on already? You will probably get used to it soon, I know it's annoying, I don't really have any suggestions, sorry. Take care xx

Old 11-05-2009, 11:51 PM   #7
farawayfairy

I am currently:

It was put on at A&E about 3am last night. I was told only to change it when necessary and it doesn't need changing yet but I really am going mad with it!

Old 11-05-2009, 11:52 PM   #8
Katiee
It's full of lonely.

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by farawayfairy View Post
It's ok, thanks anyway. I'm wondering whether it would be ok to change the dressing to one of the other ones I have which would be so annoying. It's just that it wouldn't be sterile, which I'm not usually bothered about but this one is worse than usual and so I'm trying to prevent infection. It would only be until tomorrow afternoon, I wonder whether it would be ok.
Hmm, I'm not sure hun. Maybe you could post this in the First Aid Fourm?

<3.

Old 11-05-2009, 11:52 PM   #9
farawayfairy

I am currently:

I'll ask a mod whether they can move it. Thanks x

Old 12-05-2009, 03:34 AM   #10
blondiebear
Bringing back the lost art of Sewing

I am currently:

Perhaps it is pulling hair too? If you wrap an elastic bandage or something ?tubigrip? around it, might it feel a bit better?

My husband is my best friend.

In forgiving others, we are not exonerating them. They may not deserve exoneration. Rather, in forgiving others we are giving up our anger over the fact that what happened is not what "should" have happened or that our life is not the way it "should" have been.

Old 12-05-2009, 04:19 AM   #11
eyes.wide.open

I am currently:

Mmmmm dressings REALLY annoy me too. I hardly wrap my wounds:( I know its terrible, but its important to keep it on to help it heal.
Keep it covered with some wrapping (tubigrip?) or clothing so your not looking at it all the time.
hope your ok !!
xo

"They say time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessons, but it is never gone." - Rose Kennedy

Old 12-05-2009, 03:23 PM   #12
farawayfairy

I am currently:

Thanks for the suggestions. I put a tubi grip on last night and it was much less annoying so I think I'll stick to that idea thanks :)

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)