Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 15-04-2015, 03:43 PM   #1
holdin_on

I am currently:
Contains abuse - There is hope. Please read :)

Sorry if this is the wrong forum but I didn't know where else to put it.

I just want to let everyone know how wonderful some people can be. No one in my life knows all the things I've been through or all the abuse some by the people I loved and trusted. This week I came to school and in the middle of campus there are clothes lines out with shirts hanging on them. Each shirt saying something different. Some talks about the abuse they encountered some talk about how strong survivors of abuse are, and some tell stories about someone else's abuse because they need help telling their story. Even though there are no names attached to any shirt, this is so powerful and means so much to me. I was not strong enough to speak up or get help and now it's to late. It's been my secret for so long and I feel like I can be heard through other people who are brave enough to write it on a shirt and hang it out for all to see.

I guess I'm posting this because I don't feel so alone for once and I know I'm not the only one going through it and recovering from it. One shirt that I starting crying to when I read it talked about how survivors are stronger than anyone else in the world because we went through hell and are still able to keep living life. This meant so much to me because I think about what has happened to me so many times and so often that I wonder some times if life is even worth living.

There is hope somewhere. Anyone who has been through abuse or trauma needs to know this. Even if your not yet strong enough to talk about it your self like me, there are others who have been through the same thing that can speak for you with out even knowing it. Just hang in there.

holdin_on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2015, 08:21 PM   #2
LovelyChantel
I Am Healing

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by holdin_on View Post
Sorry if this is the wrong forum but I didn't know where else to put it.

I just want to let everyone know how wonderful some people can be. No one in my life knows all the things I've been through or all the abuse some by the people I loved and trusted. This week I came to school and in the middle of campus there are clothes lines out with shirts hanging on them. Each shirt saying something different. Some talks about the abuse they encountered some talk about how strong survivors of abuse are, and some tell stories about someone else's abuse because they need help telling their story. Even though there are no names attached to any shirt, this is so powerful and means so much to me. I was not strong enough to speak up or get help and now it's to late. It's been my secret for so long and I feel like I can be heard through other people who are brave enough to write it on a shirt and hang it out for all to see.

I guess I'm posting this because I don't feel so alone for once and I know I'm not the only one going through it and recovering from it. One shirt that I starting crying to when I read it talked about how survivors are stronger than anyone else in the world because we went through hell and are still able to keep living life. This meant so much to me because I think about what has happened to me so many times and so often that I wonder some times if life is even worth living.

There is hope somewhere. Anyone who has been through abuse or trauma needs to know this. Even if your not yet strong enough to talk about it your self like me, there are others who have been through the same thing that can speak for you with out even knowing it. Just hang in there.
Thanks for sharing this with us. Just want you to know I read it and care and hear you. Thanks for this inspiring and hopeful thread. You're really strong and brave. Supporting you 100%. I too have been abused a lot in my life. You are not alone.

LovelyChantel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2015, 04:25 PM   #3
holdin_on

I am currently:

holdin_on is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)