RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-12-2013, 03:13 AM   #1
-Stewie-
da quen b

I am currently:
Letting people go

Things have been rocky between me and my sister for the past 15ish months.

I don't need to go into particulars but she came to visit this weekend and the rockiness continued as ever. I spoke to her honestly about everything- on the whole I was pretty calm and diplomatic but I hold my hands up and say I took a few cheap shots here and there. It didn't fix anything, she pretty much sat there responding with variations of "there's no point (in the conversation)" and "I'm the only one that's been trying".

Despite not fixing anything, I am clearer on the situation now than I have been since it all started. We're both hurting, we both *think* we are trying and most importantly we're both doing more harm than good right now. I feel like I need to close that door for the time being- for the sake of my own mental health. Not saying I'm locking it or that I wouldn't open it again if she came knocking- I care about my sister a lot.

How does one go about doing something like that? I can't seem to find the balance between an outright "**** off" and leaving myself open to get hurt further.

(On a lighter note- excuse my writing if it seems a bit weird, I have spent the majority of the night writing an essay in Japanese >.<)

"Zeus did not want man to throw his life away, no matter how much the other evils might torment him, but rather to go on letting himself be tormented anew. To that end, he gives man hope. In truth, it is the most evil of evils because it prolongs man's torment."

-Stewie- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2013, 04:25 PM   #2
teachit

Sometimes taking time to yourself is the best way to figure out how to do that. it isn't a **** off but rather a time where you don't speak so you both can work on yourselves. But you need to be clear about what you are working on. I hope that you are able to find yourself and then in turn find a healthy relationship

teachit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2013, 08:16 PM   #3
Aardbei
Forum Mod

I am currently:

I went through a similar situation a while ago and unfortunately there is no easy way to go about doing it. I ended up asking the person in question not to contact me again as I needed some time. Everything has been cleared up now and we're fine again, but it was something that definitely needed to happen and you need to make yourself your first priority for sure. Feel free to PM me if you want to talk about it further x

Aardbei is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)