Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 27-04-2015, 02:09 AM   #1
Mustu

I am currently:
Being Bullied- NEED HELP/ADVICE

Hello

okay, so, I've been bullied since high school and still continues today a year later. I was born with a spine disability and also have learning disabilities.

I've been physically shoved, pushed around, thrown on the ground at school and get called names like "worthless", "failure" and I've also been told "go die" and "this world is a better place without you". Now its just verbal insults. My school was not very useful and helpful in getting help. They did nothing.

I need help on how to deal with it and just emotional support. I cry in my bed everyday with no one to help me. I was even taken out for 3 months in high school to allow me to recover. My parents are just ignoring me every time I try to explain what's happening. It's frustrating!

Please message me. I'm lonely and need someone to listen to me and guide me.

Please.

Mustu is offline   Reply With Quote
4 Hugs Given By :
Old 28-04-2015, 08:48 AM   #2
World

What country do you live in? I think this needs to be taken higher, in the Uk this would most likely be through your local authority's Sen service.

The main things with bullying that victims look back and say is that they wish they hadn't been so frightened of the response of the bullies if you "told" on them- physical assault is a crime, so this includes calling to police. Either way, whether you take action or not, these people are evil and are going to do there best to make your life miserable. What I'm suggesting is that it may be worth exploring avenues with more gravitas than your head teacher. Something really really serious is happening to you and the school are obviously failing you by being inadequate at dealing it it. The second thing is that you don't have to put up with this ****. I really do admire you for going to school even once after this/during this- I was sexually assaulted at medical school and plan to never set foot in that school again, so hats of to you for going back at all that is braver than I, but if you were to stop going to school it wouldn't be a cowards way out it would be self respect, saying to yourself and others "do you know what, I'm worth more than being shoved and called horrible things, so I'm out of here".

I would also advise to keep a log book of incidents and try to fill it in retrospectively as well, cast your mind back and remember what happened, record as much about it as you can and a line or two, or as much as you'd like, at the end of the effect it had on you, how it made you feel. This evidence is important to show to whomever it may concern that this is an ongoing problem, and also if you wish, when these evil people grow up to be adults, missing the glory days high school, you can give this to them, to show them what they've done.

One thing I want to ask is are you safe at home? Do they target you there or is it just at school?

Best wishes,

F xx

World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2015, 09:19 PM   #3
Mustu

I am currently:
Response

Hello

I live in the US. I'm currently living with my parents.

Thankfully I'm safe at home. I've neither been called, or they haven't somehow found my address and attempted to come home. It just happens in school.

Thanks for the advice.

Old 30-04-2015, 12:27 PM   #4
World

Have you considered talking to the board of governors? Indont know if they are called the same thing in the US but in England they are a group of people who volunteer and meet regularly to discuss the best interests of the school.

Also, I re-read your first message and want to add that anyone who tells someone to go die is not worthy themselves, these people have no morals, please don't let them fool you into thinking what they say to you is right just because they voice is louder.

F xx

Old 30-04-2015, 08:13 PM   #5
Mustu

I am currently:
Comment

I don't recall having such a thing but we do have a central administration for the school district that has a bullying advocate and advisor and also a crisis counselor. I'll try to talk with them and see if that helps. Thanks.

Old 30-04-2015, 11:40 PM   #6
Epicene

I am currently:

I'm not sure how things work in the states, but I just wanted to offer hugs and support. Bullying is awful and something nobody deserves. The things they call you are absolutely not true. I know it must get you down but it wont last forever. In the meantime though, try and harness the safety as your home. Any other things which make you feel safe and good about yourself, keep doing lots of. And keep talking here if it helps.

Epicene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 06:39 PM   #7
Mustu

I am currently:

what can I do to cope with it meanwhile?

I don't seem to enjoy the things I do and no matter how hard I try I can't concentrate on anything and take my mind off of the situation.

please give me ideas...

Old 02-05-2015, 09:59 PM   #8
Isoverity

I am currently:

Bullies are basically cowards. They feels trong making you feel weak. What will make you feel weak isn't really being nervous or feeling hurt but by resenting a bully. If you resent/hate a bully they see you as wrong instead of them. If you don't get angry and upset (even if nervous) it makes bullies self-aware. Then you stop being an attractive target. However, even if you don't get upset it doesn't mean you cant fight back if need be. You could kick them in the knees as long as your not hostile about it. Some bullies deserve a kick sometimes. There's just a right way to deliver it.

"Not all those who wander are lost" Tolkien

Isoverity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 09:54 AM   #9
World

Please darling go and see your docto. Being unable to derive pleasure from things you previously enjoyed and poor concentration are both symptoms of depression. Bullying makes us sad because it's awful, but if we are sasad for long enough, it can cause chemical changes in the brain such that a deeper, less variable sadness develops, and even if the bullying is resolved, it may still be difficult to concentrate and get pleasure from activities we used to like. This is a problem that we can tackle first, to put you in the frame of mind to deal with the bullies. How old are you if you don't mind me asking?

Best wishes,

F xx

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)