RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 08-05-2017, 10:26 PM   #441
Aardbei
Forum Mod

I am currently:

I rejoined the gym and went to exercise today for the first time in forever :)

Aardbei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 11:22 PM   #442
Sketchy

I am currently:

Well done. I hope you enjoyed it too.

Sketchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 02:48 AM   #443
Isoverity

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post
I'm going to eat more fruit and less junk. Today I had mango. Yum.

I want to go for a long walk tomorrow but I've been feeling too low and drained. I hope I get a burst of energy to do it. Any ideas on how to motivate myself?

The "inspiration is in the perspiration" as they saying goes. As you begin and get progress you'll get more motivation.

The hardest part is just deciding to take the first step. That's easier when you know you don't have to do anything heroic to start. Little baby steps are fine. Doing a little something is better than a lot of nothing

"Not all those who wander are lost" Tolkien

Isoverity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 03:06 AM   #444
Sketchy

I am currently:

Thanks. That's really helpful. Baby steps are good. It's a step in the right direction.

Old 09-05-2017, 02:33 PM   #445
Bellatrix
Voldemort's Bitch

I am currently:

We were too lazy to training this morning so we're going tonight.

Need some motivation to kick ass at cardio. I want to aim to do 10mins more than I usually do. Need some serious motivation though!!

I had a roast for lunch at the carvery. I ordered a small plate and had lots of veg. But it makes me uncomfortable because it was a 'dinner meal' not a lunch one and I feel out of control when things don't line up in my head.

I've also done a bit of walking today. I aim for the 10k steps you're 'supposed' to do everyday. I usually reach it and my fitbit tracks everything so I know how far I've gone and such.

Imperfection is underrated.

Bellatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 03:24 PM   #446
Juniperi

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinahorse View Post
Hey guys. How do you get the courage to go to group exercise classes?

I did go for a walk though today :)

Chinahorse, I would speak to someone working at the gym about what the different exercise classes are like and ask about the instructors too. That way you can choose something and someone that will suit you. Remember also that other people are equally concerned about judgement so they're too busy worrying about themselves to notice anyone else!

Juniperi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 03:32 PM   #447
Wonderland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinahorse View Post
Hey guys. How do you get the courage to go to group exercise classes?

I did go for a walk though today :)
Lillie try and remember everyone there is going for a similar goal - to get healthier. People are focused on copying the instructor and following the workout. And some of the others will have anxieties about doing exercise in a group because of their own insecurities.

Try and remind yourself that nothing bad will happen by you going to a group exercise class. Yes it will probably provoke your anxieties and make you feel uncomfortable at first, but nothing every changes from avoiding things right.

'Cause I'll always remember you the same.
Oh eyes like wild flowers within demons of change ♥

Wonderland. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 12:36 PM   #448
Bellatrix
Voldemort's Bitch

I am currently:

^this.

Remember others there are self conscious too, just focus on yourself and you'll be okay. Remember it's about making positive changes to your life, with diet and exercise. HEALTHY changes.

I felt awful this morning and was sick twice, got to the gym and was sick again as soon as we got there so we left. I feel guilty for not going though. I did some exercise at the park gym but nothing like I would have done at the gym. I guess I can go tonight after I see my uncle. I feel a lot better now so I should go.

I've been eating mostly healthy stuff, but I need support with cutting down on snacks. I eat three good meals a day but always lose myself with too many snacks. How do you limit to a more 'normal' amount?

Old 11-05-2017, 04:53 PM   #449
Sketchy

I am currently:

Don't worry about skipping the gym if you are sick. Sometimes it's best to take it easy.

Today I went on a long walk with my sister. I did 15000 steps, which is a lot for me. I get tired easily, so it's a result I'm pleased with.

Old 11-05-2017, 05:19 PM   #450
Wonderland.

J I know it's probably hard because of ED thoughts and such,
but it is important to have rest days from working out. Rest days are actually just important as working out, they give your muscles time to rebuild and repair. If you don't rest enough in between workouts it could cause overuse injuries which are things like stress fractures, joint pains and muscle strains. It can also cause fatigue, mood swings, and can also affect sleep patterns among other things.

On your rest days you don't have to sit around doing nothing all day.

If you are being sick that is a sign you should be resting, not working out.

Regarding snacks, can you only buy a set amount a week perhaps. That way it is limited.

Well done on your long walk Lorraine that is awesome

'Cause I'll always remember you the same.
Oh eyes like wild flowers within demons of change ♥

Wonderland. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 05:20 PM   #451
Sketchy

I am currently:

Thanks Amy.

Old 13-05-2017, 09:16 PM   #452
Bellatrix
Voldemort's Bitch

I am currently:

I did 17,000 steps yesterday and covered 18.5km. Super proud of myself.

Hardly moved at all today and we don't go gym on weekends so I've not done very much today bar a walk to and from the shops. BUt we go again on Monday which I'm looking forward to.

I'm sad that I'm having surgery on the 2nd June. I'll be on crutches for weeks so won't be able to exercise. I'm scared I'll lose the fitness I've built up. I don't want to have to start again.

Anyone got any chair exercises or things I can do without putting too much weight on my right leg?

Old 13-05-2017, 09:19 PM   #453
Bellatrix
Voldemort's Bitch

I am currently:

And thank you Amy for you reply. I know rest days are important. We tend to take wednesday off, and rarely go at the weekend so I get plenty of rest.

It's hard with buying snacks because I virtually live at my boyfriends and he always has snacks in for him, and I can't exactly tell him to stop buying them because he's trying to gain weight. I think I just need to make sure I have healthy snacks on hand, and have more discipline to avoid unhealthy, fatty treats and keep them to a moderate level.

Old 25-05-2017, 01:06 AM   #454
yoyogirl

I am currently:

I find that periodically I lose interest in fattening foods and sugar and whatnot. It's nothing related to weight loss or getting healthy. They just no longer become something I enjoy. I don't seem that bothered if I don't get a treat this week or next. It's not conscious level I just become so stressed with life that those foods get pushed aside.

Have you ever confused a dream with life? Or stolen something when you have the cash? Have you ever been blue? Or thought your train moving while sitting still? Maybe I was just crazy. Maybe it was the 60's. Or maybe I was just a girl... interrupted.
I know what it's like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in but you can't. How you hurt yourself on the outside to try to kill the thing on the inside. I tried groups, didn't work out just made my depression a lot worse.

yoyogirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)