RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 26-06-2013, 03:18 PM   #5881
cloudedmind

I am currently:

Kelly, it sounds like the people there weren't supportive. Like Katie said, a different church might be a good idea - for a fresh start as such :)

I suppose the way each individual responds to MH problems (esp. if they haven't experienced any) is a very personal one. It might be difficult for your friends to ignore the MH side of things if this is what caused you to stop going to church for two years while it continued to be a part of their life. While this is difficult, going to a different church might be easier and also you may end up loving it! :D

cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2013, 09:49 PM   #5882
PassedExpectations
a mirror that reflects it

I am currently:

different sorts of churches often have different approaches to stuff like this too... i found the catholic church entirely unsympathetic and downright harmful, but when i switched to a more liberal presbyterian church people were really open... i even ended up finding out that one of the pastors had depression and took meds and such.

this is my magical medicine cabinet. Left to right they contain: courage, hope, calmness, and strength.

The magical part: They NEVER run out, so borrow some any time you want.

PM me anytime, I love getting messages :)
Katie

PassedExpectations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2013, 08:05 AM   #5883
Buttons.
Never knowing...a helping hand or hell to pay?

I am currently:

^ Agreed, many churches vary in attitude, whether between denominations or even within the same denomination depending on the minister, the people who make up the congregation etc, it's all about finding the right church for you which you find warm and accepting, and it will be out there I'm sure.

'Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.'

['There is only one thing we say to death. Not today'.']

'We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell.’ – Oscar Wilde
‘It’s hard to dance with the devil on your back.’ Sydney Carter

Buttons. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2013, 12:29 PM   #5884
lellykelly

I am currently:

I just feel really scared and lost and so alone right know

:)

lellykelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2013, 09:04 PM   #5885
Buttons.
Never knowing...a helping hand or hell to pay?

I am currently:

^ *hugs* that can be an awful place to be in, what do you think would help you feel less scared and alone right now?

'Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.'

['There is only one thing we say to death. Not today'.']

'We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell.’ – Oscar Wilde
‘It’s hard to dance with the devil on your back.’ Sydney Carter

Buttons. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2013, 09:22 PM   #5886
lellykelly

I am currently:

I have no idea I have to see crisis teams tommmrow I just do not want to eat I need to lose weight my self harm is out of control comply I'm very scared

:)

lellykelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2013, 10:29 PM   #5887
Zombie..

I am currently:

Am sinful i should just keep cutting and never stop
i don't go to church at all thats a sin
I cant go on my own because am too scared of people to go in
my husband says he would take me there but then he would wait outside for me
he don't like church
tried looking for an on line church but i don't know where to find one that isn't homophobic

Am full of sin
evil and worthless person
i should just die

Zombie.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2013, 10:55 PM   #5888
On.My.Way
Dare To Believe

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie.. View Post
Am sinful i should just keep cutting and never stop
i don't go to church at all thats a sin
I cant go on my own because am too scared of people to go in
my husband says he would take me there but then he would wait outside for me
he don't like church
tried looking for an on line church but i don't know where to find one that isn't homophobic

Am full of sin
evil and worthless person
i should just die
Hi, I'm Amy. I hope some of what I'm about to say helps. Firstly I want to say that we're all sinners and none of us are worse than anyone else. In God's eyes sin is sin, no matter what it is. All he wants is to have a personal relationship with his children. You're his child, he loves you and wants to help you.

Do you read the Bible? If you don't feel comfortable going to church on your own, maybe try reading the Bible first (especially the four Gospels) to learn more about God.

Do you have a friend who could go to church with you if your husband won't go in with you?

Saying the church is homophobic is a big stereotype, I know many Christians who aren't homophobic (myself included) - it's just a matter of getting to know people and congregations. It might take a while to find one where you feel you fit but it's worth the search.

You're not evil or a worthless person and you certainly shouldn't die. You're so precious and loved in Gods eyes. He adores you, he delights in you. I really hope and pray you find Christians around you who can help you to believe this truth.

You're in my prayers.

QK <3

On.My.Way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2013, 11:08 PM   #5889
Zombie..

I am currently:

Hi Amy
I have a bible but i rarely read it its beside my bed though so i could read it before i go to bed .

The reason am feeling this way is my mums cancer might be back and it could be my fault my husband keeps saying it not but av done a lot of bad things in my past .
When my mum had cancer the last time i was selfish i never visited her because i was too scared to go on buses because of my social anxiety and she was having a really bad time
so God is going to take her away because of my sins
He already took my step dad because of me
My step dad killed himself and i did nothing to help him i should have seen he was ill

i dont know what to do i cant get the thoughts about my sins to go away
My husband says it could be because i may have OCD
but i dont know

Old 28-06-2013, 11:28 PM   #5890
On.My.Way
Dare To Believe

I am currently:

Oh love, I promise that your mums cancer is NOT your fault. I know you might not believe me but I promise you with all my heart that God is not taking your mum away from you because of your past. He loves you. Unfortuantely we live in a fallen, broken world and there is suffering in it. It hurts and it's hard to understand at times but we have to trust that God has a greater plan and he is looking out for us. He weeps when you weep and he laughs when you laugh, he shares in your happiness and your pain.

John 11:35 - Jesus wept. He was crying over Lazarus' death because he loved him dearly. Jesus, the Son of God, weeps for us, he weeps for you, for your mum, for your step dad but we've got to have faith that your step dad is up in Heaven and that your mum is in Gods hands. It is NOT your fault.

I hope that makes sense.

QK <3

Old 28-06-2013, 11:35 PM   #5891
Zombie..

I am currently:

yes that makes sense

Sorry
Am barely holding it together ...I cant lose my mum too
:cryings:

Old 28-06-2013, 11:43 PM   #5892
On.My.Way
Dare To Believe

I am currently:

It's okay, it's understandable that you're struggling - know that I'm praying for you and your mum.

QK <3

Old 29-06-2013, 06:59 PM   #5893
On.My.Way
Dare To Believe

I am currently:

Just want to leave this video with you all, it helps me when I'm struggling to pray. I hope it helps you too.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrQHNQ0hwQE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrQHNQ0hwQE[/ame]

QK <3

Old 30-06-2013, 07:55 PM   #5894
Zombie..

I am currently:

Thank you
I keep praying over and over again
I know if i stop my mum will be ill again and i cant let that happen
It will be my fault she is i didnt do enough praying
So i keep praying
I need to do something to make sure she is ok
Really want to cut as well
I must cut but my husband will not give me the blade without a good enough reason
But am starting to obsess about it

Old 30-06-2013, 10:47 PM   #5895
cloudedmind

I am currently:

Just wanted to say that God knows your heart, so whether you pray or not, He knows. Also, He doesn't keep count of your prayers. He loves you, and the only reason the Bible says to pray is so we can talk to him in a way we as humans understand.

cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:01 AM   #5896
Taraxacum
This Member is currently Banned

My university chaplain & Richard Dawkins have got something going on Twitter at the moment and a bible quote was posted (for the purpose of their argument)
But, I need some help because I'm interpreting it as a justification to self-harm.
Quote:
"Without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness." St Paul's Epistle to the Hebrews, 9: 22.
Also, I want to go to meet my local Vicar, before I attend the church for the first time (I've recently moved to a anew area). How would I do this/would they only do this at services?

Taraxacum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:03 AM   #5897
griddlebone
Head of Chat/Forum Mod.

I am currently:

You can ring the church and ask for a meeting and explain that its just a quick thing to make you feel more comfy at your new church. They're usually around so it wont be tricky for them to do!

There are times to stay put, and what you want will come to you.
But there are times to go out into the world and find such a thing for yourself.
I aint no abacus but you can count on me.

griddlebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:13 AM   #5898
Taraxacum
This Member is currently Banned

Thanks Liv x

Taraxacum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:03 PM   #5899
On.My.Way
Dare To Believe

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taraxacum View Post
My university chaplain & Richard Dawkins have got something going on Twitter at the moment and a bible quote was posted (for the purpose of their argument)
Quote:
"Without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness." St Paul's Epistle to the Hebrews, 9: 22.
But, I need some help because I'm interpreting it as a justification to self-harm.
Hi, in reference to the Bible verse. I believe that here Paul is talking about Jesus dying on the Cross for our sins. Jesus dies on the Cross and shed HIS blood for us so that we may have forgiveness. Paul writes in his letter to the Ephesians,

Quote:
In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace - Ephesians 1:7
So I don't think that Paul is saying that we need to shed blood in order to be forgiven, rather it is because Jesus bled, died and rose again that we can have a relationship with God and be forgiven. And to back this up, in Matthew's record of the Last Supper Jesus says;

Quote:
This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins. - Matthew 26:28
Hope that helps and makes some sense

And in reference to meeting your Vicar, what Liv said

QK <3

Old 03-07-2013, 06:14 PM   #5900
Zombie..

I am currently:

Av done some every bad things in my life and i think am paying for them now
My only hope is God and Jesus

I pray over and over because i know my sins will take me to hell other wise
I know ill go to hell unless i listen to Gods and Jesus words

Even listening to songs that have Gods and Jesus name in them on the radio
they more i listen to them the more am getting closer to God and Jesus

Am scared am gong to end up in Hell for my sins as they are many

only hope is God and Jesus

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)