RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 09-01-2019, 01:52 PM   #1
LRgrad15

When someone says they are telling it as it is

Ever heard someone say something that may or may not be true but in their eyes, it is the complete truth and that they are not wrong? They will go as far as to say they are telling it as it is. In some cases they may genuinely be telling the truth, which is okay. But in other situations, usually when it is based off of personal opinion, it is not always true. I knew someone that truly believed that just because someone decides to start talking to me and even wants to hang out, that person really doesn't like me as a friend and was just using me. While yes that can and has happened, there is a difference between someone actually wanting to be your friend and someone just using you as a last option. The person would go as far as to say she is just telling it as it is. There were other instances where she claimed to speak nothing but the hard cold truth. Something that she believed others were just too afraid to say. She claimed that due to this, this was part of the reason she felt like she was better than others since she could say things most other people were thinking but were too afraid to say and that people would actually secretly agree with her.

I've heard other people make judgements based off of looks and even say that the way someone looked determined what kind of person they are. They would end their statements with just being honest or just telling it as it is. In some cases, when someone is being honest and telling it as it is when someone else they like is being hurt emotionally or physically or just being treated badly, that is more acceptable since it can be helpful to see how someone is being treated. In those situations, the person is telling someone facts. But in others, including the one example I gave, it is just an opinion. In that example, she didn't like me hanging around other people. When people claim to tell it as it is when it isn't true, it makes me wonder if they are just secretly insecure and want to feel better about themselves. What do you guys think? It is one thing where it is facts that's being said, especially if someone's safety is at risk or if someone is legitimately being used, but when it is just opinions and especially if the person is arrogant or stuck up, then telling it as it is isn't exactly okay.

Old 09-01-2019, 07:48 PM   #2
Iamcatbug
Cat

Can I just ask. Do you struggle to deal with friendships? A lot of your posts are very similar about the behaviour of others towards you.

Iamcatbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 08:25 PM   #3
LRgrad15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcatbug View Post
Can I just ask. Do you struggle to deal with friendships? A lot of your posts are very similar about the behaviour of others towards you.
This thread has nothing to do with friendships. This was just for general discussion. You are reading my posts the wrong way. Yes I do struggle, just like everyone else on here with various problems which is why this site exists, but not in the way you are taking it.

Old 09-01-2019, 08:54 PM   #4
Iamcatbug
Cat

Apologies for the confusion.

Iamcatbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 09:56 PM   #5
LRgrad15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcatbug View Post
Apologies for the confusion.
No problem.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)