Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 01-01-2011, 07:06 PM   #1
35mm

I am currently:
Contains sexual abuse - He got away with it; the CPS aren't prosecuting

My dad violently raped me for 15 years, and i found out yesterday that the CPS have declined the case. the police officer that came to tell me said it was due to me still being in a psychiatric hospital and that i wasn't mentally well enough to stand up in court.

i just can't cope with the news. he did so much to me and he's just got away with it,

please somebody help

35mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 07:21 PM   #2
Horizon

I am currently:

Oh no, I am so sorry.
Did they say that once you were out of the hospital they might take the case?

Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 07:28 PM   #3
troubleshooter

*hugs lots* Aw honey I'm so sorry. Why don't you see if you can talk to some kind of advocate or center that helps cases like this. Also, maybe when you get out of the hospital they'll take it. Did you ask that? Because maybe the officer wasn't being mean he just didn't want you to go through all that and then have lawyers say "well she's crazy don't listen to her!" Seriously honey, this isn't the end of the road. Just talk to some more people who know how to do this ok? It's not the end, you can still get justice honey.

Farewell the Ashtray Girl
July 12, 1987-April 30, 2010

Eva Flies Away
December 3, 2007-October 31, 2011

troubleshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 07:36 PM   #4
shadow-light
He was no dragon. Fire cannot kill a dragon

I am currently:

I know it hurts, but maybe the police and courts are trying to protect you... going to court is a very stressful situration, and they wil use anything and everything gainat you to make you look like a lier. So maybe they are thinking that for now you shoudlnt be put through that, esspecially if they dont have that much evidence other than yourself. DId they say that once you are a bit better they may reopen the case?

shadow-light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 07:47 PM   #5
truth_hurts

I'm really sorry.

The police couldn't take my case any further after I reported it, for different reasons though, it happened too long ago and it was basically going to come down to my word against his and they won't take it to court based on just that.

It's not nice because he still lives in the area and I still see him around.

I reckon the most important thing is to get yourself well. It might be that the police can take it further once you're stronger.

I know it isn't a nice feeling to get this news though, but it does get better. It did for me.

You spoke out, you made a statement, you let people know what he is, that's very empowering when you think about it.

truth_hurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 01:00 AM   #6
35mm

I am currently:

Thank you for the replies. They also mentioned something about his physical health (he has liver disease from alcoholism) being a problem too. Basically, we're both too ill to go to court. But logic doesn't make it any easier :( I thought justice was my only way to get over this. I was so focused upon it, but now i don't have anymore reasons to carry on. He's won and I bet he's so happy.

35mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 01:03 AM   #7
troubleshooter

I hope this doesn't sound harsh but nature may serve justice a lot faster than the court system. *hug*

Farewell the Ashtray Girl
July 12, 1987-April 30, 2010

Eva Flies Away
December 3, 2007-October 31, 2011

troubleshooter is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)