Live Help

View Poll Results: Do you flush your tampons down the toilet?
Yes 65 52.00%
No 51 40.80%
rusty spoons 21 16.80%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 08-12-2012, 01:39 PM   #121
whirlpools

I've always flushed tampons. Feel guilty now and may stop.

whirlpools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 07:12 PM   #122
Killer Queen

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by inilkypaikifE View Post
Tapeta Na Pulpit Szafka Na Pliki Jak Fermentować Tytoń W Domu Minecraft Do Drukowania Hayes Sophie Sprzedana Chomikuj Magic Mike Pl Ekino Heroes Iii Pobierz Pełna Wersja Klękosiad Ikea Jakie Będzie Zakończenie Filmu Zakazane Uczucie Film Pokłosie Za Darmo W Internecie Film Erotyczny Online Free C Omikuj Resident Evil Retrybucja Bez Logowania Kolorowanki Ślubne Chomikuj Film Do Ściągnięcia Step Up 4 Revolution Oglądaj Online Za Darmo Bez Rejestracji Gry Monster High Do Hodzenia Rapidshare Bóg Zjawia Się Incognito Gra Tajemnicza Wyspa Rar Do Pobrania Malolaty Dla Dziadkow Pobierz Rozoczęcie Roku Szkolnego Scenariusz Scenariusz Sponsoring 2010 Torrent Chomikuj 7 Psychopatów Download Film Królewna Śnieżka I Łowca Avi Polska Muzyka Bez Rejestracji Torrent Free Allegro Gazetki Monster Hhigh Nuty Na Keyboard Disco Polo Do Re Mi Obława Chomikuj Rmvb Spolszczenie Do Sindicate 2012 Serce Z Kamienia Midi Z Chomikuj Pl Sprawdzanie Czy Dowód Jest Do Odbioru Poznan Wypadek Wesoła Do Kogo Skierować Odwołanie O Szkodzie Za Kolizje Drogową Pzu Bramka Sms Do Pobrania Pro 100 Wersja Pelna Wierzyć Chrystusowi Symulator Wozu Dostawczego Polska Wersja Do Pobrania Konta Premium Na Brazzers Walene Konia Online Zakazane Uczucie Odcinki Z Napisami Kon Wali Koboete Gdzie Można Ogląda Bez Wstydu Filmy Fabularne Dla Dorosłych Za Darmo Drodzy Panowie Zaliczyc Mozecie Egzamin Haki Do Padory Na Pż 2012 Coco Chanel Życie Intymne Epub Chomikuj Zachowanie Podle Rpk Pobierz Campbell Jack Zaginiona Flota 7 Przestrzeń Zewnętrzna Pdf Dredd Pl Downlad Napisy Magic Mike Download Pierwsza Komunia Chomikuj Hans Kloss Stawka Większa Niż Śmierć Totent Prezentacja Pismo Święte Cw6622f Gra Ognisty Chłopak I Wodna Dziewczyna 1 Pobierz Mine Craft Za Darmo Z Programem Do Otwarcia Zakochani W Rzymie 720p Awengers Cały Film Łódź Wypadek Tatrzańska Niewierni Ściagnąc Dka W Co Wierzyć 50 Twarzy Greya Pl Mp3 Jak Stworzyć Własną Komputerową Grę Planszową Sciagnij Disciples 2 Bunt Elfow Nigdy Więcej Online Ukryta Prawda Sezon 2 Odcinek 111 Uroczyste Rozpoczęcie Roku W Przedszkolu Niezniszczalni 2 Od Ilu Lat Kac Wawa Ma Ktos Gdzie Znajdę Hasłą Dostępu Do Brazzers jzhuz nfrgo izmxz ktzkx lngrt obzoz ashlw jerrb zjnpp ecksg pucba xfpng zcjgw isgem oavar swiit ifits lqfmt zxxoj ohvws fglzf wmwpc obcre mzufq gnyzh hfysg jjpfz mwpyb fxarl foyys weput pkqla bfyjc omuwz qofoj rhhcn aysfj otqdn hgplz zzrir qhwly swnjo diyrr vviaa tegrw kjskr ciutz esfvq jwmmb sdrmx bzlij aohjx moqmk zvuxj hifrs qfkzw jdqff mckmc hjfzy vydqb
That's very interesting, thanks for your contribution.

But anyway, do you bin or flush spambot?

ANYWAY - I've tried to remember very very hard, and I've realised I haven't ever even been tempted to flush a tampon. The waste at my old school was flushed into the sea so they asked us not to do it there because of it.

Killer Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:44 PM   #123
Leo Pard?
Flem Fatale

I am currently:

Ew. Why would one even want to use vag plugs anyway?

*Runs away screaming*

Last edited by Leo Pard? : 11-12-2012 at 03:27 AM.

The world is just illusion always trying to change me.
You will find wonder wherever you can, and spread joy whenever you are able.

I felt emotions of gentleness and pleasure, that had long appeared dead, divide within me. - Frankenstein.

Leo Pard? is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:47 PM   #124
effervescence
tired

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Awakening] View Post
When I'm out I pour it into tissue then flush, but at home I do the same - down the sink. The toilet bowl was far too horrific otherwise
The following content has been hidden - Reason : ? graphic/triggering
I have to admit that the first time I successfully used my cup overnight, the next morning in the shower I just poured it from arm height (instead of bending down towards the drain), and it splattered all over the shower and really did look like a massacre I thought it was quite funny though as I'm very used to blood everywhere at work!

Even as the stone of the fruit must break
that its heart may stand in the sun,
so must you know pain.

There are only two ways in which one can live their life. One is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is.

effervescence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:16 AM   #125
Killer Queen

I am currently:

My mum was trying to persuade me to use a mooncup thing. I just can't get my head around them. How do they... fit?

Old 09-12-2012, 12:18 AM   #126
[Awakening]
~Jocelyn~

I am currently:

I was weirded out by it at first too, my mum convinced me to try one and I love it!

My love, a beautiful future awaits

[Awakening] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:28 AM   #127
Killer Queen

I am currently:

Thing is, my mum is ALWAYS right about this sort of thing. :-P

So eventually I might be converted from tampons.

Old 09-12-2012, 12:46 AM   #128
makedamnsure

I am currently:

I keep meaning to try the mooncups. But I'm not sure I'd be comfortable inserting/removing them. Took me a long time to be happy with tampons and then I still will only use the applicator ones. Plus I'm very unsqueamish about blood but menstrual blood creeps me out a bit.

Courtesy
Integrity
Perseverance
Self Control
Indomitable Spirit

makedamnsure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:21 AM   #129
Pi.R^2
I always have a choice

I am currently:

I've been holding off, but I have to ask. If you use a mooncup, what happens if it like tilts a bit inside you and it all pours out?

I like the idea of mooncups and could probably be converted, if someone could assure me that the above mentioned fear was not feasible :P

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:53 AM   #130
effervescence
tired

I am currently:

They are soft, so you fold them to insert and they aren't much bigger than a tampon. There are heaps of types of folds, I just use the basic one called a c fold - if you youtube it I think there are videos.

It won't tilt, as it suctions to the walls of your vagina, so it moves with your body. You just make sure it pops open since you will have folded it to insert. I've never had a single drop leak, right from day one. They hold heaps and heaps more than the biggest tampons.

Menstrual cups are not all made equal - there are many different brands and they all come in different sizes and softness. I strongly recommend you search for menstrual cups livejournal site - there is a big community on this page with heaps of info and help. There are also size charts made by a menber which are incredibly helpful. As a rule, you need to know where your cervix is when you're on your period - if it's high you can go with a longer, narrower cup but if it's low you will want a shorter, wider cup as it will sit up around your cervix. I would suggest a softer cup to start with, they can be harder to pop open but are less scary I reckon. Personally I use Lunette small ones, they are soft, short and middling width. And they come in pretty colours! The UK mooncup, popular as it's a well known brand, is from memory quite stiff and long compared to other brands so is potentially not right for most beginners. This is a shame as I think it puts a lot of people off.

*TMI*
My cervix is low, so I used to get this horrible pain when sitting down when my tampon would "bump" it - now my cup sits up around it and is soft silicone and is honestly a million times more comfy - I literally forget it's in there sometimes.

so must you know pain.

There are only two ways in which one can live their life. One is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is.

Old 09-12-2012, 10:51 AM   #131
Snow White.
I am a fairy.

I am currently:

That sounds like way too much work :/ And all the blood in a cup does freak me out a bit, I have to be honest.

Snow White. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:33 PM   #132
MunchBox
I threw my pie for you.

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by effervescence View Post
The following content has been hidden - Reason : ? graphic/triggering
I have to admit that the first time I successfully used my cup overnight, the next morning in the shower I just poured it from arm height (instead of bending down towards the drain), and it splattered all over the shower and really did look like a massacre I thought it was quite funny though as I'm very used to blood everywhere at work!
Lovely! Heh.

I'm actually tempted to convert to the tampon religion, just to flush them down the loo.

Sweetpea

MunchBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:17 PM   #133
Pomegranate
Petulant

I am currently:

Flush! Definitely. Unless you're at an old house because apparently that makes it more likely to cause problems.

I quite like the idea of Mooncups etc but I don't think I could deal with the blood. I'm really not great with blood at the best of times (yeah...I know).

And LOL Festive Period *calculates*

*sulks*

*Proud Plumeria Sister*

Pomegranate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:28 PM   #134
Mandimoo
Mummy!!

I am currently:

I'm tempted to try a cup because i can no longer use tampons due to childbirth related stitching meaning there's nothing to hold one in, but as a cup has suction it might work.

Mand, South Wales, Full-time working, single mother to 2 scarily independent girls.
I AM A PROUD PLUMERIA SISTER

Mand x

Mandimoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:26 AM   #135
effervescence
tired

I am currently:

There's really not that much blood - even if you have a "heavy" flow, it's unlikely to be more than 5-10 mls in a whole day - 1 to 2 teaspoons. The average for a whole period is only about 30 mls - about two tablespoons.
I felt the same, but honestly it's really not gross and the benefits are amazing! I'd hate to go back to tampons and I acutally find a used tampon with the horrible bloody string far more gross than a couple of mls of blood.

so must you know pain.

Old 11-12-2012, 01:03 AM   #136
ChocolateMarvel

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flem Fatale View Post
Ew. Why would one even want to use vag plus anyway?

*Runs away screaming*
What is vag plus? I thought I read everything and couldn't find it but I might have missed it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by effervescence View Post
There's really not that much blood - even if you have a "heavy" flow, it's unlikely to be more than 5-10 mls in a whole day - 1 to 2 teaspoons. The average for a whole period is only about 30 mls - about two tablespoons.
I felt the same, but honestly it's really not gross and the benefits are amazing! I'd hate to go back to tampons and I acutally find a used tampon with the horrible bloody string far more gross than a couple of mls of blood.
Is it wrong that I find it quite interesting how much 'blood' is in a period? I swear it seems like much more than that!!!!!

ChocolateMarvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:42 AM   #137
BridgesAndBalloons
A Thimblesworth of Milky Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ich liebe dich! View Post
Is it wrong that I find it quite interesting how much 'blood' is in a period? I swear it seems like much more than that!!!!!
I wonder if that might be that tampon/sanitary towel adverts make it seems like there's more because they're trying to advertise how absorbent their products are.

I've been looking into mooncups, are they very much bigger than a tampon? I'm just wondering as I've heard that the insertion and removal can be uncomfortable for women who are smaller physically.

BridgesAndBalloons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:27 AM   #138
Rodolphus
#Azkafam

I am currently:

I sat and worked out how much blood you lose in a life time (the average woman) whilst having your period the other day. There was a fully legit reason that I can't quite remember, but yeah. I love threads about periods. I used to hate talking about them, but now I'm not fussed. I think lesbianism has a part to play in being able to talk about them, you kinda have to :P

Jenna, you can wish me a festive period if you like when the time comes.

And I'll always flush tampons. We have three toilets and only two women in my house, the bathroom bins don't need emptied often enough to be able to bin. I'd be mortified if there was any... unpleasantness because if binned my used tampons :/

Now I'll play your ghost as my ace, whenever I'm led astray.
But I am actually good, can't help it if we're tilted.
I'm in my right place, don't be a downer.

Rodolphus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:29 AM   #139
Leo Pard?
Flem Fatale

I am currently:

Vag plugs, Vampire teabags, Shark fetchers, etc. it's all the same thing really...

They creep me out so much.
#ManProblems

The world is just illusion always trying to change me.
You will find wonder wherever you can, and spread joy whenever you are able.

I felt emotions of gentleness and pleasure, that had long appeared dead, divide within me. - Frankenstein.

Leo Pard? is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:29 AM   #140
effervescence
tired

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demons To Some View Post
I've been looking into mooncups, are they very much bigger than a tampon? I'm just wondering as I've heard that the insertion and removal can be uncomfortable for women who are smaller physically.
No, because you fold them to insert and remove. There are a few different ways to fold and some make the cup thinner than others - it's hard to explain but basically you can fold them so that they have a thin, pointy end bit, or you can just fold them in half then in half again, if you get my drift. So basically they end up like inserting something the same diameter as a tampon.

I'm quite small built, and I could only ever use the tiniest mini tampons. But I can use a cup no trouble. When I first opened the packet I was like "no way" but honestly it's easy, and so much more comfy than tampons! Plus you can wet them with water first (or water based lube, I think) which makes them acutally so much easier to insert than trying to get a nasty dry lump of cotton up there!

But like I said before, I really encourage you to look at the livejournal site about cups and choose a smaller, squishier one to try first. Diva cups from memory are one of the longest cups available, for instance, so although they are a well-known brand they're not suitable for everyone and I would hate someone to be put off for life because they tried a brand that it wasn't right for them.

A few of the better known brands off the top of my head are Mooncup (UK), Mooncup (USA), Diva cup, Lunette, Fleurcup, and Femmecup. Mooncup and Femmecup are both English, but the others are all easily ordered online and online is often much cheaper than in shops. If you look around their websites you can check out their measurements.

so must you know pain.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)