RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 12-07-2013, 06:35 PM   #1
yoyogirl

I am currently:
Restricting at college

Hiya
As you know im going through a lot right now with life and applying for uni/college. (See previous posts) the trouble is my eating and possible eating disorder can flare up when im stressed and anxious or going through a major period of mania. Is there anything I can do so it doesn't flare up/relapse or rear its ugly head and affect my studies in the future? Don't worry I'm not underweight or physically poorly at the moment so I don't need refeeding etc I'm a rather healthy weight.

Have you ever confused a dream with life? Or stolen something when you have the cash? Have you ever been blue? Or thought your train moving while sitting still? Maybe I was just crazy. Maybe it was the 60's. Or maybe I was just a girl... interrupted.
I know what it's like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in but you can't. How you hurt yourself on the outside to try to kill the thing on the inside. I tried groups, didn't work out just made my depression a lot worse.

yoyogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 12-07-2013, 08:30 PM   #2
depressedcharlie

I am currently:

Keep an eye on things and let your cpn know if things go down hill for you.
try and get into a habit of eating regularly.

depressedcharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 09:05 PM   #3
yoyogirl

I am currently:

I will do thank you Charlie
Providing i dont become too secretive

Have you ever confused a dream with life? Or stolen something when you have the cash? Have you ever been blue? Or thought your train moving while sitting still? Maybe I was just crazy. Maybe it was the 60's. Or maybe I was just a girl... interrupted.
I know what it's like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in but you can't. How you hurt yourself on the outside to try to kill the thing on the inside. I tried groups, didn't work out just made my depression a lot worse.

Old 12-07-2013, 10:08 PM   #4
Charmed
I'm safe up high.

Perhaps you could have a plan in order, when you feel yourself slipping back into ED habits. It sounds like you're really determined to beat this and be free from it all, especially for college. You could use this as motivation to work through what's going on so you don't revert back to restricting etc. Having a strong motivation can really help with recovery.

Talking to friends and family around you about what's going on can really help as well. You could also ask them to keep an eye on you so they know where you are and can support you.

Charmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 10:39 PM   #5
yoyogirl

I am currently:

but the trouble is when im at college or im busy they don't see behind closed doors i.e what i do when doors the closed behind me and I am off to work or wherever and my parents dont really notice when i do it that much as Im so secretive i just know that during the exam period or when im stressed I revert back to restricting heavily and obviously due to nature of where my college/uni is it involves two miles of walking plus an extra two getting to the town before i get the bus. and vice versa

Old 13-07-2013, 11:08 AM   #6
yoyogirl

I am currently:

Quote Modify i have also spoken with my mental worker and asked if i do relapse she can make an necessary calls and liase with my cpn or support worker about it and I will definitely speak to college/uni before I start so that way I can get the necessary support.
Im also sure if there people on my course they would keep and eye on things. My college/uni is rather small and the course I am hoping to get on to has never been done at this college/uni so its rather new.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)