RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 29-12-2007, 05:15 PM   #281
D-liscious
I wouldn't change the pain for what I've learned

I am currently:

thanks guys, gonna be the new year now before i see him, just hope i dont bottle it!

*hugs you both*

reach for the stars

D-liscious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2007, 01:40 AM   #282
silentgirl

I am currently:
question

Are we allowed to post stuff about self harm in this thread if its christian related? cos there is something i want to post but its to do with being a christian and im scared that i may get teased if i post it on the SI forum....

silentgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2007, 04:04 AM   #283
risenfromperdition
you are loved and beautiful :)

^yes you can

so i has a new poem... you know you all wanna comment :P- was watching the vid for 'new again' by brad paisley and it made me think... and me thinking=poem :P
~~~~~~~~~~~
A Savior's Love
The price of His sacrifice?
His very life.
She can't believe He really died for her.
Only her.
She is the sinner.
He is the Savior.

Why would He do that for her?
For the one who keeps sinning-
Over and over again.
Her guilt overwhelms her,
Makes His sacrifice seem crazy.
How does it possibly make sense?
He suffered for her.
He was willing to do it...
Yet she still goes against Him,
Even though she knows it's wrong.
She is the sinner,
He is the Savior.

He just wants to help,
Take her pain away-
But still she clings to it,
Like a child on their favorite blankie.
He wants to be her blankie,
The ultimate source of comfort-
The comfort that will last for her entire lifetime.
She is the sinner,
He is the Savior.

Every time she fails,
All the times she will fall short,
He will be standing there-
Open arms outstretched in love,
Reminding her that she is loved...
And He is in control of her life.
No matter how many times she comes,
He will always be there-
Waiting and wanting to hold her close,
Save her.
She is the sinner,
But He...
He is the Savior.

comments? ^.^

“The good things don’t always soften the bad, but vice-versa, the bad things don’t necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.”
“Nobody important? Blimey, that’s amazing. Do you know, in nine hundred years of time and space I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important before.”
“If it’s time to go, remember what you’re leaving. Remember the best. My friends have always been the best of me.”

risenfromperdition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2007, 02:20 PM   #284
ems

I am currently:

wow love the poem... expresses some things i've felt so well....

ems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2007, 03:17 PM   #285
scarlet-tears
will scarlett forever <3

I am currently:

i've been looking for this thread!

the poem's really good, and it's really true as well. well done!!!

i haven't SIed for about 9 months now, but i don't feel as close to God as i would like. the feeling just isn't there. i don't know what to do and i haven't told anyone because none of my friends want to talk about my SI or anything.

so yeah. just wanted to introduce myself

<3 doing it for my friends <3
<3 doing it for God <3
doing it for ME
i CAN do this
nine months without self-harm
XD

scarlet-tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2007, 06:41 PM   #286
Absi
Miss Abaretti

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentgirl View Post
Are we allowed to post stuff about self harm in this thread if its christian related? cos there is something i want to post but its to do with being a christian and im scared that i may get teased if i post it on the SI forum....
Sure hun. You won't get teased.

& Heather your Poem is amazing, as they always are, your so talented.

&
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet-tears View Post

i haven't SIed for about 9 months now, but i don't feel as close to God as i would like. the feeling just isn't there. i don't know what to do and i haven't told anyone because none of my friends want to talk about my SI or anything.

Welcome. : ) Well done on 9 motnhs free, that's amazing. : )

"A woman is like a teabag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water."

Eleanor Roosevelt (1996)

Absi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2007, 08:25 PM   #287
risenfromperdition

thanks guys <3
happy new years eve :) (dont think its new years anywhere yet lol)

“The good things don’t always soften the bad, but vice-versa, the bad things don’t necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.”
“Nobody important? Blimey, that’s amazing. Do you know, in nine hundred years of time and space I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important before.”
“If it’s time to go, remember what you’re leaving. Remember the best. My friends have always been the best of me.”

Old 31-12-2007, 09:19 PM   #288
peacewings

LOVE LOVE LOVE the poem! I'm so happy this thred exists! I've been a christian since I was 13 (I'm 19 now) and I've been SH free for 11 months and 15 days...thanks to God, who healed me and set me free. It's still difficult, but He's there for me always.

peacewings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 12:30 AM   #289
healingraine
Psalm 34

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_pod View Post
hey all im looking for some advice...

i have a new pastor, who knows nothing about whats been goign on with me, ive written him a letter telling him, he is a very kind caring spiritual man, i just dont want to scare/upset or hurt him... should i give him the letter?
thanks
It's important to have a strong support of Christian friends. Of course all of us here are always a pm away, but it's better to have people there in real life. If you feel comfortable, tell him. I'll pray for you.

Quote:
Mmhmm, that's really what this thread is here for... We often discuss other aspects of our Christian lives, but primarily, this is the Christian SIers thread! Definitely post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorseRidinBbe07 View Post
^yes you can

so i has a new poem... you know you all wanna comment :P- was watching the vid for 'new again' by brad paisley and it made me think... and me thinking=poem :P
~~~~~~~~~~~
A Savior's Love
The price of His sacrifice?
His very life.
She can't believe He really died for her.
Only her.
She is the sinner.
He is the Savior.

Why would He do that for her?
For the one who keeps sinning-
Over and over again.
Her guilt overwhelms her,
Makes His sacrifice seem crazy.
How does it possibly make sense?
He suffered for her.
He was willing to do it...
Yet she still goes against Him,
Even though she knows it's wrong.
She is the sinner,
He is the Savior.

He just wants to help,
Take her pain away-
But still she clings to it,
Like a child on their favorite blankie.
He wants to be her blankie,
The ultimate source of comfort-
The comfort that will last for her entire lifetime.
She is the sinner,
He is the Savior.

Every time she fails,
All the times she will fall short,
He will be standing there-
Open arms outstretched in love,
Reminding her that she is loved...
And He is in control of her life.
No matter how many times she comes,
He will always be there-
Waiting and wanting to hold her close,
Save her.
She is the sinner,
But He...
He is the Savior.

comments? ^.^
The part about the blankie is particularly sweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet-tears View Post

It's always hard when you don't feel close to God...
But remember, emotions are fleeting, and unreliable. A better indication of how close you are is your lifestyle. & Wow! 9 months free! To me that suggests that you're doing better in your relationship with Christ than you think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacewings View Post
LOVE LOVE LOVE the poem! I'm so happy this thred exists! I've been a christian since I was 13 (I'm 19 now) and I've been SH free for 11 months and 15 days...thanks to God, who healed me and set me free. It's still difficult, but He's there for me always.
Well said! I don't think it will ever be easy, but there's so much joy to be found in Christ. [when I say joy, I don't mean being happy when things are going well, but being happy and having hope that things will get better when they're not good. ]

SI free solely by the grace of God!
August 2, 2007

healingraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 12:42 AM   #290
flybat3

I am currently:

im trying to get back with God. Ive started praying again and all.

your tears dont fall they crash around me- bullet for my valentine.

flybat3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 01:13 AM   #291
risenfromperdition

haha thanks for the comment salanna :)

and to all you uk'ers- happy new year... may god bless you with peace and joy and recovery etc. and to everyone else, happy new year in however long it is til midnight :) (4hours and some minutes here)
xoxox

Old 01-01-2008, 03:09 AM   #292
silentgirl

I am currently:

I am not in the mood to write the amount tthat i was going to write cause im depressed.

Last night, New Years eve, my boyfriend dumped me. I couldnt help it, i self harmed. I needed to feel pain. Make myself suffer.

Few days ago, my tutor and i were talking and he told me that i can talk him about whatever. On sunday afternoon after i self injured, i messeged my tutor. He`s a christian and he is nice even though he can be a pain about the preesure that he puts me under with schoolwork. I told him that i cut myself, (self injure) and yeah that im scared about letting god down etc.

I messeged my tutor last night that i had self harmed and im on skype typing back and forth with him now and i dont know, he says that he understands etc but i think he just feels helpless cos he doesnt want me to self injure anymore but i know that its too hard (i tried once) and idk im so confused and i dont have counselling for another two weeks and its been like four weeks since ive seen my counsellor cause of me being sick and then my counsellor going on a break for christmas and new yr.

cries

Old 01-01-2008, 04:35 AM   #293
oedipus
protege-moi, protege-moi

I am currently:

*cuddles silentgirl*
stay strong, doll, it'll be alright

I havent been in this thread since forever! nice to see it all running smoothly hehe, i'm here if anyone needs to talk xx

If only you'd ever speak to me
the way you once did
look at me the way you once did
pull to me the way you once did
but you don't
you don't feel anymore
you don't care anymore
it's all gone
it's all gone

oedipus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 06:55 AM   #294
healingraine
Psalm 34

I am currently:

This is probably really hard on your tutor as well. It's scary and painful to see someone you're close to suffering & not be able to help them. & SI is a rather scary subject for a lot of people, simply because they don't understand it. A completely healthy mind can not comprehend intentionally causing oneself pain.

& quitting is too hard for you to do on your own. but that's what Jesus is here for. He wants his children to be free from all of the sins that are holding us captive. That doesn't mean that as soon as you ask for forgiveness and help everything will be okay. I'll hit my 5 month mark on Jan. 2, but I still struggle. Not a day goes by when I don't want to pick up the blade again, but I'm relying fully on God to keep me free.

2 Corinthians 12:9,10 says "And he hath said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for [my] power is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my weaknesses, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Wherefore I take pleasure in weaknesses, in injuries, in insults, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong."

That means that in order to fully grasp Christ's power, you have to be completely broken. Basically, you have to accept that your own strength will never be sufficient and fully give yourself over to God and let Him take charge.

August 2, 2007

Old 01-01-2008, 08:19 PM   #295
Absi
Miss Abaretti

I am currently:

hey guys.

*triggering*

could really do with some support right now. I have had such an awful day today and really just feel like packing it all in. i can't carry on anymore. Sorry. I just feel like I have been abandonded by everyone including God. sorry.

"A woman is like a teabag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water."

Eleanor Roosevelt (1996)

Old 01-01-2008, 11:25 PM   #296
risenfromperdition

*hugs tighter* oh hun, you've not been abandoned. i know how you feel, but you havent. i'm always here if you want someone to talk to and im sorry everything is so rough right now *holds*
you're in my prayers <3

Old 01-01-2008, 11:37 PM   #297
Absi
Miss Abaretti

I am currently:

thanks heather. *hugs* It's good to know that people are there for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salanna View Post
2 Corinthians 12:9,10 says "And he hath said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for [my] power is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my weaknesses, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Wherefore I take pleasure in weaknesses, in injuries, in insults, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong."

That means that in order to fully grasp Christ's power, you have to be completely broken. Basically, you have to accept that your own strength will never be sufficient and fully give yourself over to God and let Him take charge.
I just hope that is what is happening to me right now. I can't face getting any worse.

Eleanor Roosevelt (1996)

Old 02-01-2008, 12:44 AM   #298
silentgirl

I am currently:

"hugs Absi" I know how that feels to be abandoned my everyone and you just feel worthless. You need to remember that God never gives up on a person. If you want to look back a few pages, at the beginging of this thread i posted a poem that i found that really helped me called "Footprints in the Sand", you may be able to relate to that poem, like i did when i was/am struggling.

TRIGGERING.
I couldnt help myself. For the last three nights, i have cut myself. Im hating myself and am in major emotional pain and i dont know how to stop this pain that seems continous.

My tutor says that i can talk to him anytime that i feel that no one cares, but i dont know what to say to him, the words never seem to come out right and at times, im terrified of saying too much to him.

Old 02-01-2008, 06:29 AM   #299
healingraine
Psalm 34

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absi View Post
hey guys.

*triggering*

could really do with some support right now. I have had such an awful day today and really just feel like packing it all in. i can't carry on anymore. Sorry. I just feel like I have been abandonded by everyone including God. sorry.
Read John 11:1-44,
Mary and Martha were distraught; not only had their brother just died, but they felt that Jesus could have prevented it. After all, he had healed many other people who he had never even met before, why didn't he heal Lazarus, the brother of two of his close friends. They even said to him when he finally arrived, "Lord, if only you had been here, my brother would not have died". So you can imagine that they felt that God had abandoned them. Little did they know that this was all part of a greater plan.
They had to suffer, and feel completely abandoned and forsaken for them to appreciate fully what Jesus was about to do.
Even on the way to the tomb, they were too consumed in their grief to see what was about to happen. They tried to talk Jesus out of even going to the tomb, saying, "He's been dead for 4 days, there's going to be a horrible smell." But Jesus didn't let that stop him, he went to the tomb, had the stone rolled away, and in front of a large crowd of people, told Lazarus to come out of the tomb. So, Jesus allowed Martha & Mary to suffer and feel abandoned for a while, so that his glory could be demonstrated when he raised Lazarus from the dead.

Basically, I'm trying to say that there's always a reason for suffering, and that no matter what you feel, God will never abandon you!

&& Here are some verses that may bring you comfort...

1 Peter 5:10 "and after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you."

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you, not to harm you; plans to give you hope and a future."

Joshua 1:5b "I will never leave you or forsake you"

Psalm 147:3 "He heals the brokenearted, and binds up their wounds."

Psalm 30, especially v.2-5 "O Lord, my God, I cried to you for help, and you have healed me. O Lord, you have brought up my soul from Sheol; you restored me to life from among those who go down to the pit. Sing praises to the Lord, O you his saint, and give thanks to his holy name. For his anger is but for a moment and his favor is for a lifetime. Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning."

&&&&& many, many other psalms...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absi View Post
thanks heather. *hugs* It's good to know that people are there for me.

I just hope that is what is happening to me right now. I can't face getting any worse.
I hope so too, dear. There's nothing more beautiful than a heart that is truly broken before God. It's terrifying, because you feel overly sensitive, and exposed, but it's amazing, because there's nothing between you and God...

A note to all: If you're looking for a devotional for the new year, I bought one that I'm really excited about! It's called Breaking Free day by day & it's by Beth Moore. [if you've read any of her stuff, it's all wonderful]
Anyways, I've only read the 1st day's devotional, but I'm in love with it, I highly recommend it to all of you! Each day's section is really short, so you won't have to spend a long time.

August 2, 2007

Old 02-01-2008, 07:23 AM   #300
healingraine
Psalm 34

I am currently:

Quote:
"hugs Absi" I know how that feels to be abandoned my everyone and you just feel worthless. You need to remember that God never gives up on a person. If you want to look back a few pages, at the beginging of this thread i posted a poem that i found that really helped me called "Footprints in the Sand", you may be able to relate to that poem, like i did when i was/am struggling.

TRIGGERING.
I couldnt help myself. For the last three nights, i have cut myself. Im hating myself and am in major emotional pain and i dont know how to stop this pain that seems continous.

My tutor says that i can talk to him anytime that i feel that no one cares, but i dont know what to say to him, the words never seem to come out right and at times, im terrified of saying too much to him.
I understand, I've gone through periods of intense self-loathing, and deep depression. Remember, you are a precious child of God, he loves you more than you can even imagine. & I hate to just throw a verse at you, but how about Psalm 139,
1 O LORD, You have searched me and known me.
2 You know when I sit down and when I rise up;
You understand my thought from afar.
3 You scrutinize my path and my lying down,
And are intimately acquainted with all my ways.
4 Even before there is a word on my tongue,
Behold, O LORD, You know it all.
5 You have enclosed me behind and before,
And laid Your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
It is too high, I cannot attain to it.

7 Where can I go from Your Spirit?
Or where can I flee from Your presence?
8 If I ascend to heaven, You are there;
If I make my bed in Sheol, behold, You are there.
9 If I take the wings of the dawn,
If I dwell in the remotest part of the sea,
10 Even there Your hand will lead me,
And Your right hand will lay hold of me.
11 If I say, "Surely the darkness will overwhelm me,
And the light around me will be night,"
12 Even the darkness is not dark to You,
And the night is as bright as the day.
Darkness and light are alike to You.

13 For You formed my inward parts;
You wove me in my mother's womb.
14 I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Wonderful are Your works,
And my soul knows it very well.
15 My frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth;
16 Your eyes have seen my unformed substance;
And in Your book were all written
The days that were ordained for me,
When as yet there was not one of them.

17 How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!
18 If I should count them, they would outnumber the sand.
When I awake, I am still with You.

19 O that You would slay the wicked, O God;
Depart from me, therefore, men of bloodshed.
20 For they speak against You wickedly,
And Your enemies take Your name in vain.
21 Do I not hate those who hate You, O LORD?
And do I not loathe those who rise up against You?
22 I hate them with the utmost hatred;
They have become my enemies.

23 Search me, O God, and know my heart;
Try me and know my anxious thoughts;
24 And see if there be any hurtful way in me,
And lead me in the everlasting way.

It's my favorite psalm... every part of it holds so much meaning and comfort for me.

and about being afraid to say too much, I've been there too... like I've said before, SI is a scary subject, you never know if even the most well meaning person will react badly... Until you're sure you can be completely honest with him, we're here for you.

August 2, 2007

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)