RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 07-11-2014, 05:15 AM   #1
Denece13

I am currently:
Obsessed with exboyfriend

Hi everyone. I am going crazy. Well at least it feels that way. My boyfriend of over 2 years broke up with me 6 days ago. I can't stop obsessing over him. The break up was a total suprise and I really do believe it put me into literal shock. We are both. 49 years old. Just 3 days before the break he was telling me he loved me . And 2 days before that we spent the night together. He was cuddling me and professing his love for me also. Do when he totally turned on me and said the meanest cruelest things to me and about me, I was really thrown for a loop. Yes we have had our problems like everyone else. I cannot stop thinking about him. He is on a dating site and I've made up profiles just to keep tabs on him. It's all I can think about. I know I need to stop I know I need to focus my thoughts elsewhere, I try and it's like I truly can't stop. I cry daily and have hardly been able to eat. And can't remember what it feels like to actually sleep. I have read plenty of breakup advice and I do know what I need to do, I am crazy cuz I still love this man so very much! My divorces never gave me this pain. I feel like I am going to lose my mind! I can't talk to family because they didn't really care for him much. Please any help??

Denece13 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 07-11-2014, 05:58 AM   #2
finding-my-haven

I am currently:

I don't think you're going crazy at all actually. Obviously what he did is going to throw you for a loop and it's been less than a week. I do think that it would help you to delete the profiles you created, and I wonder if maybe unfriending/unfollowing him on any social networking sites may help? I think that maybe if you go out with some friends or something would help to distract you?
And don't berate yourself too much. The reaction you're having is perfectly normal and completely understandable.

"No matter how hard it gets, you push through it because you matter. And before you know it, you see the beauty in life and you realize that it is worth living. That you can make it."

finding-my-haven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 06:34 AM   #3
Denece13

I am currently:

He's not on anything else. I don't have many friends. I have been working a lot. It kinda helps but still he's always on my mind. Then all these bad thoughts start creeping in. I just want to know why and how a person can go from love to hate just like that.

Denece13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 05:49 PM   #4
Wonderland.

Please be gentle with yourself. Give yourself time to let the news sink in.

Stalking him on dating sites is only going to make you more obsessed. You need to try and think more of yourself and less of him. His chapter in your life has ended, and it will be hard to come to terms with that, but you can and will get through it.

'Cause I'll always remember you the same.
Oh eyes like wild flowers within demons of change ♥

Wonderland. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 06:28 PM   #5
Charmed
I'm safe up high.

Hi there,

I'm sorry you're struggling so much at the moment. Break-ups are always hard and can be incredibly emotionally draining and upsetting, especially when you are so fresh out of the break up. I'm sorry he said such mean things to you, I can imagine it came as a bit of a shock.

Try to remember, the majority of people feel similar to how you are feeling at the moment. It can be hard to try not to think of him and move on. You mention you can't talk to your family because they didn't care for him much. But they do care for you, so perhaps talking to them will help you express your feelings. Regardless on whether they liked him or not.

Keeping busy and working is a good idea. Could you try and get out and about and try new things? It can be helpful to start something different to keep your mind off things.

This will be hard, but remember you are strong and you will get through this.

Take care.

Have you ever looked fear in the face and said "I just don't care"?

Charmed is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)